Screen mirroring

Van

Anyone has successfully done screen mirroring from their phone and tablet to their TV?

Pls share your experience how can it be done?

Can't find solutions on the net...

I am trying to do screen mirroring through the blue ray player

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone has successfully done screen mirroring from their phone and tablet to their TV?

Pls share your experience how can it be done?

Can't find solutions on the net...

I am trying to do screen mirroring through the blue ray player

Thanks!

WHat is screen mirroring? LoL...

Or do you mean streaming contents like pics, movies, music from smartphone/tablet to TV?

You have to connect your smart TV to your router either using LAN cable or using wireless. I connect my smart TV to the router using LAN cable. Connection is more stable compared to wireless via dongle. Dan connect your smartphone/tablet via wi-fi to the same wireless router. Download the suitable app and connect.

If you dun have a smart tv dan get an android box or apple tv to connect to your tv.

• Praise 1

WHat is screen mirroring? LoL...

Or do you mean streaming contents like pics, movies, music from smartphone/tablet to TV?

You have to connect your smart TV to your router either using LAN cable or using wireless. I connect my smart TV to the router using LAN cable. Connection is more stable compared to wireless via dongle. Dan connect your smartphone/tablet via wi-fi to the same wireless router. Download the suitable app and connect.

If you dun have a smart tv dan get an android box or apple tv to connect to your tv.

Sorry, not techie here… when you said router, is this considered one:

I subscribed mio tv on fibre, and singtel installed a wireless cable modem plus a dunno what transmitter/converter thingy. These 2 gadgets together allow my smart tv to wirelessly show mio tv, as well as allow wireless access for all phones/tablets/computers. Is this considered got router?

Next question: if smart TV connected to router as described above, then use what app can connect smart phone to smart tv? Note: I have samsung phone, but LG tv...

Sorry, not techie here… when you said router, is this considered one:

I subscribed mio tv on fibre, and singtel installed a wireless cable modem plus a dunno what transmitter/converter thingy. These 2 gadgets together allow my smart tv to wirelessly show mio tv, as well as allow wireless access for all phones/tablets/computers. Is this considered got router?

Next question: if smart TV connected to router as described above, then use what app can connect smart phone to smart tv? Note: I have samsung phone, but LG tv...

You can try or call sinktel but I doubt they will know. But most likely can work if you try wiring the tv to your router. No harm trying.

I'm using SH but I gave up on their crap router to get my own ASUS wireless router. But before I made the change it worked on their router too.

As for your last question. I did a seach on Google Play there's an app called LG TV Smartshare. You can try using that.

My TV and tablet happen to be Samsung so no issue. I also tried using iphone to stream pics. Just have to find the right app.

(edited)

Mhl cable to tv also can right?

If car hu got av-in also can try connect thru mhl cable.

Like many moons ago if u guys can remember Samseng Omnia. Just plug in a 2.5mm jack, output is the usual 3 colored av cable.

Edited by Daniellica
  • Praise 1

You can try or call sinktel but I doubt they will know. But most likely can work if you try wiring the tv to your router. No harm trying.

I'm using SH but I gave up on their crap router to get my own ASUS wireless router. But before I made the change it worked on their router too.

As for your last question. I did a seach on Google Play there's an app called LG TV Smartshare. You can try using that.

My TV and tablet happen to be Samsung so no issue. I also tried using iphone to stream pics. Just have to find the right app.

Singtel doesn't know anything, so forget it...

(I complained that its mioTV go cannot work on my new nexus 10 since Feb, BPL ended in Apr, and it's not resolved, world cup ended and it's not resolved, and i think the new BPL season will come and go, also before it's resolved…)

I had previously checked with LG and Samsung, and both said LG phone can wirelessly stream to LV TV but not Samsung one; and Samsung phone can stream to Samsung TV but not LG one...

So i bought MHL cable, but sometime can, sometime cannot...

• Praise 1

Singtel doesn't know anything, so forget it...

(I complained that its mioTV go cannot work on my new nexus 10 since Feb, BPL ended in Apr, and it's not resolved, world cup ended and it's not resolved, and i think the new BPL season will come and go, also before it's resolved…)

I had previously checked with LG and Samsung, and both said LG phone can wirelessly stream to LV TV but not Samsung one; and Samsung phone can stream to Samsung TV but not LG one...

So i bought MHL cable, but sometime can, sometime cannot...

I see. I made sure I got the devices of the same brand. So not much issue for me.

Anyway I can connect a external HDD to my wireless router via USB as a cloud device. So whatever I download to the external HDD (remote) using my desktop I can just watch using my TV. I hardly stream using my tablet nowadays. I dun even have to plug the external HDD in/out of my desktop anymore. All using remote to connect and download and watch using the smart tv.

• Praise 1

I see. I made sure I got the devices of the same brand. So not much issue for me.

Anyway I can connect a external HDD to my wireless router via USB as a cloud device. So whatever I download to the external HDD (remote) using my desktop I can just watch using my TV. I hardly stream using my tablet nowadays. I dun even have to plug the external HDD in/out of my desktop anymore. All using remote to connect and download and watch using the smart tv.

tks...

i was also thinking of getting samsung TVs, but it didn't have smart TV at 32", when I was moving house so i had to get LG instead… sigh… can't get the best of both worlds...

router has USB?? I don't think mine (Aztech modem and the other China boh-brand gadget) has USB...

I use phone to look for movie more than the PC leh… where do you normally go to look for movies? [cool]

• Praise 1

(edited)

TS never say whether iPhone or Android

Have both Android phone and Ipad

Any suggestion for the apps for both?

I have downloaded at least 5 apps for android but cant make it work

For the Ipad, there doesnt seem to have any screen mirroring app

Thanks

Miracast or Allshare cast.

Have not found Miracast app in the store

So I thought Miracast is the technology and not the app... or issit? [blush]

Thanks I will trill the LG TV Smartshare when I go back

And appreciate other replies

I am actually looking for a wireless setup , not using any cables

[:)][:)][:)]

Edited by Van

Hypersonic

Thanks

Don't have android so can't comment but Apple has a few ways.

http://www.edudemic.com/the-4-easiest-ways-to-mirror-the-ipad-comparison-chart/

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thanks

ipad - get apple tv can already. den just enable "airplay" function and can mirror on tv

android - sorry no idea. get the cable for ur device to hdmi port of tv?

• Praise 1

streaming and mirroring is different, screaming some smart tv can do, but i you want mirroring, i think you need to get and android box or apple tv for the two different system.

Android box has apps for Apple device but it won't be so smooth and set up will not be straight forward compare to Apple TV.

↡ Advertisement