Most Expensive City In the world

Mllcg

42 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

if you make less than $1M ... 

you are lack of DIGNITY

so ... no lumber 1 no talk !!!

To be honest, i’ve never made $1mil a yr before from my bloody job...KNN... 

sad case....failure...

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement

On 10/9/2019 at 8:30 AM, Victor68 said:

That is something i don't quite understand.  A chicken rice stall in any foodcourt pays higher rent plus service charge. Enjoys a bigger stall and cooking space, customers ate in ac space with nothing placed beyond the stall. Nice layout without cluttering the walkway. Central washing. 

Why hawker centre just unable to match them even with government subsidies? Foodcourt operators doing some charitable works?

You are comparing a heavy footfall central food court that operates from 10 to 10 with a neighborhood hawker centre whereby individual operator has more options due to lower rent? 

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

You are comparing a heavy footfall central food court that operates from 10 to 10 with a neighborhood hawker centre whereby individual operator has more options due to lower rent? 

If you frequent any foodcourt around Marina Bay area. Be it be Suntec, Marina Sq, Raffles, ore even Funan, etc, you probably ended up with around $6 to 7 and add $1.50 for drink. If you eat at a hawker centre say in Bukit Merah, Bedok, or any main town centre, it will be about $1 to $1.50 difference. The lower footfall hawker centre maybe  another $1 cheaper.

If you look at the rent, the cleanliness, comfort, spaces, etc I wonder why hawker centre cannot match foodcourt. Any chance for hawker centre to be managed like foodcourt so that we can be proud of?  How about creating jobs for NEA to manage hawker centre like foodcourt and reduce unemployment? 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

sinkieland being the most expensive city in the world simply because of 

rental, rental and rental .... 

1 inch land = 1 gram of gold

That is why HDB must stay affordable. With roof over our head, we can eat plain rice and tap water to survive. Nevermind about quality of life. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Victor68 said:

If you frequent any foodcourt around Marina Bay area. Be it be Suntec, Marina Sq, Raffles, ore even Funan, etc, you probably ended up with around $6 to 7 and add $1.50 for drink. If you eat at a hawker centre say in Bukit Merah, Bedok, or any main town centre, it will be about $1 to $1.50 difference. The lower footfall hawker centre maybe  another $1 cheaper.

If you look at the rent, the cleanliness, comfort, spaces, etc I wonder why hawker centre cannot match foodcourt. Any chance for hawker centre to be managed like foodcourt so that we can be proud of?  How about creating jobs for NEA to manage hawker centre like foodcourt and reduce unemployment? 

If you are paying $10-20k a month in rental, the landlord had better make sure the turnaround time is fast (table wipers are plenty), the aircon is working and footfall is good.  The beauty of money.  

Actually if you go to new Hawker centres like Ci Yuan, it is pretty ok.  Don't think the bureaucrats at NEA will ever beat the private operators in managing hawker centreS.

NEA should instil in more people the need to clean up after oneself to keep cost low for everyone.

Just now, Wt_know said:

No la.. Here got many hungry ghost! I mean seriously hungry!

• Praise 1

Just now, Wt_know said:

The only way to solve this problem is to get rid of the root cause of all evil! 斩草除根!

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Indeed the 4G did an excellent job in maintaining this title! 

We have been holding to this NUMBER 1 title since our loving founding father left in 2015!

Solid job siah! 

They deserve a coke!

05ce5061456d74273a868c8feeba7a12.png

How not to top the chart???? New surprises every now and then! Do yourself or rather your future generation a favor, VOTE WISELY!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumers-to-pay-gst-for-netflix-and-other-overseas-digital-services-5-other-policy

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

To be honandest, i’ve never made $1mil a yr before from my bloody job...KNN... 

sad case....failure...

that is why you are pushing your lolex to the blur kings here

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, sgcarmart2019 said:

Maybe as population increase, land become more scarce n hence more expensive

Plus natural inflation as well

Currently only 5.6mil population

if population go up to 7mil , land price will go up even further

In video, LKY did not ecpect Singapore to have 5.8M population but the current PAP gov aims for 6.9M.

Am i right to say the current PAP gov is not on the same page as LKY?

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

hearsay 6.9 is berry difficult to maintain 

must have good skills ... 

i am talking about population hor ... [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

Just now, Wt_know said:

hearsay 6.9 is berry difficult to manage ... must have good skills ... 

i am talking about population hor ... [sly]

A lot of social problems laterly... The 'chao Ni Ma' Transcab driver is a joke!

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

If you are paying $10-20k a month in rental, the landlord had better make sure the turnaround time is fast (table wipers are plenty), the aircon is working and footfall is good.  The beauty of money.  

Actually if you go to new Hawker centres like Ci Yuan, it is pretty ok.  Don't think the bureaucrats at NEA will ever beat the private operators in managing hawker centreS.

NEA should instil in more people the need to clean up after oneself to keep cost low for everyone.

I agree with you that the newer hawker centres are better. However, the one at bukit timah 7 mile has gone through 2 major revamp. Each time it is from bad to worse. Just having more stalls.

Wonder this is NEA or HDB who did the design. With so many hawker centres and food courts, some cut and paste also wouldn't go wrong by that much but happen. 

Singapore among the most well-fed in the world, for second consecutive year: Study

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-among-the-most-well-fed-in-the-world-for-second-consecutive-year-study?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0jmbwH8jN6KO1opE-JVSbLYG905o7nGrkRkABHav2BS0Gft5cZlFTBLKs#Echobox=1575934335

Ownself praise ownself their forte! 

Can anyone tell me which 1st world country's citizens starving!!!???

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1