Anyone heard of this workshop "Optima Werkz" ?

Cerano

Good workshop don't need advertising.

By word of mouth is good enough.

Around 2014 news. Shitty times..not me say one.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/seven-luxury-cars-splashed-with-paint-remover-at-car-workshop-in-redhill

Seven luxury cars were found splashed with paint remover yesterday at a car workshop in the Redhill area, causing an estimated $80,000 in damage.

The cars - a Ferrari, a Volvo, two Audis and three Mercs - had been parked at Optima Werkz, a workshop in Kung Chong Road.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Good workshop don't need advertising.

By word of mouth is good enough.

100% correct. Good workshops have tons of business. Don’t even need to bother to waste money advertising.

One example is Jumbo seafood. Always full house on weekends and at least more than half full on weekdays. Need to waste money advertising?

• Praise 1

100% correct. Good workshops have tons of business. Donât even need to bother to waste money advertising.

One example is Jumbo seafood. Always full house on weekends and at least more than half full on weekdays. Need to waste money advertising?

No sign board also need to queue. Hardly see any advert on MSN.

I went there to service my car. They are not cheapest but their service I find quite professional. When u drive there, someone will be fully in charge of your car. They will check and then tell u upfront got what problem, what price and u decide want to do or not. Wun be pushy etc.. Keep me updated thru whatsapp when I leave my car there. Then I bring my car to authorised dealer to service and double confirm. Indeed, the company no cheat me and will be cheaper than what the authorised dealer charge me. So far OK. The cars there are mainly very high end car like Bentley, s class, 7 series etc..

Edited by ntuc2018

any outside workshop will siam and taichi warranty claim

no point to buy warranty from outside workshop

AD honour the warranty because they can claim the manufacturer

else who want to pay for the parts and labour

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Thats why buying PI cars are risky. Its not about the sales process. its the warranty claims that made buying from AD much much better. 

Peace of mind.

any outside workshop will siam and taichi warranty claim

no point to buy warranty from outside workshop

AD honour the warranty because they can claim the manufacturer

else who want to pay for the parts and labour

it depends and the car model.

if specs-to-specs comparison and PI car save $30k-$40k 

i may consider to buy from PI and fck the warranty with $40k savings [sly]

especially for car/model that already on the road for 2-3 years

and you know the common issues of the car/model 

Thats why buying PI cars are risky. Its not about the sales process. its the warranty claims that made buying from AD much much better. 

Peace of mind.

Edited by Wt_know

Negative review on Optima Werkz (Optima WORST) - Please do NOT bring your car here! Had to tow my car away after they damaged it

I apologize that this is a long post, but I would like to share my experience in more detail so other people do not get cheated by this workshop as I did. 

I've been sending my Panamera in to Optima Werkz at 6 Kung Chong Rd for the last 2+ years after my warranty and service package expired at the Porsche Center. Mysteriously, a few times after I sent in the car for regular servicing, they noticed some problems with the car, claiming that they either: 1) heard a sound when they took the car for a test drive, 2) saw an error message when they plugged in their diagnostic system, or 3) saw a warning light which happens to appear on the car just the day after I sent it in. I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first few times out of good faith, but this time was something else. 

I sent my car in for regular servicing to do an oil change last week. The car was perfectly fine with no problems, driving smoothly. What I thought was a regular service turned into a $6,400 bill, and was told that the intake cam sprocket was damaged and had to be replaced, furthermore it was a "good thing" they discovered this problem now as it would have cost us alot more and required an engine overhaul if the problem went on undetected. One sales rep said that it was due to, you guessed it, the diagnostic system showing an error, while another sales rep said (unsurprisingly) that they heard a sound when they took the car for a test drive - clearly something was not adding up as they were giving different excuses. When I questioned them on why the bill was so expensive and sent them a link that was selling the same part for US$650 vs. their quote of S$2,100 per piece, they came back with a revised quote of $4,450 after giving more discounts - shaved $1,950 off the bill just because I asked! I felt really uncomfortable at this point as they were clearly being dishonest, and requested for them to assemble the car back together for me without fixing it. To my horror, they said the car could not be driven / the engine could not start as the part was broken. Upon questioning further, I realized they had broken the part when they opened the cover, that's why they could not fix it back, and that is why the car could not start anymore although it was functioning perfectly when I dropped it off. Upon learning that I wanted to tow my car away to another workshop to fix it, they panicked and immediately dropped the price to $2,000, saying that they will fix my car "at a loss" by throwing in complimentary labor etc. when what they should have done is own up to their mistake that they broke the part and changed it FOC. 

The best decision I've made is to tow my car away from Optima Werkz so that they never damage any part of my car ever again. For those out there looking for a car workshop, please please do NOT use them as they will create unnecessary problems and make a huge hole in your wallet for repair bills you did not even need. Your repair and servicing needs are better met elsewhere.

post-307398-0-65595300-1554539020_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Negative review on Optima Werkz (Optima WORST) - Please do NOT bring your car here! Had to tow my car away after they damaged it

I apologize that this is a long post, but I would like to share my experience in more detail so other people do not get cheated by this workshop as I did.

I've been sending my Panamera in to Optima Werkz at 6 Kung Chong Rd for the last 2+ years after my warranty and service package expired at the Porsche Center. Mysteriously, a few times after I sent in the car for regular servicing, they noticed some problems with the car, claiming that they either: 1) heard a sound when they took the car for a test drive, 2) saw an error message when they plugged in their diagnostic system, or 3) saw a warning light which happens to appear on the car just the day after I sent it in. I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first few times out of good faith, but this time was something else.

I sent my car in for regular servicing to do an oil change last week. The car was perfectly fine with no problems, driving smoothly. What I thought was a regular service turned into a $6,400 bill, and was told that the intake cam sprocket was damaged and had to be replaced, furthermore it was a "good thing" they discovered this problem now as it would have cost us alot more and required an engine overhaul if the problem went on undetected. One sales rep said that it was due to, you guessed it, the diagnostic system showing an error, while another sales rep said (unsurprisingly) that they heard a sound when they took the car for a test drive - clearly something was not adding up as they were giving different excuses. When I questioned them on why the bill was so expensive and sent them a link that was selling the same part for US$650 vs. their quote of S$2,100 per piece, they came back with a revised quote of $4,450 after giving more discounts - shaved $1,950 off the bill just because I asked! I felt really uncomfortable at this point as they were clearly being dishonest, and requested for them to assemble the car back together for me without fixing it. To my horror, they said the car could not be driven / the engine could not start as the part was broken. Upon questioning further, I realized they had broken the part when they opened the cover, that's why they could not fix it back, and that is why the car could not start anymore although it was functioning perfectly when I dropped it off. Upon learning that I wanted to tow my car away to another workshop to fix it, they panicked and immediately dropped the price to $2,000, saying that they will fix my car "at a loss" by throwing in complimentary labor etc. when what they should have done is own up to their mistake that they broke the part and changed it FOC.

The best decision I've made is to tow my car away from Optima Werkz so that they never damage any part of my car ever again. For those out there looking for a car workshop, please please do NOT use them as they will create unnecessary problems and make a huge hole in your wallet for repair bills you did not even need. Your repair and servicing needs are better met elsewhere.

Which workshop is your car now at? How much is the repair cost?

I sent my car in for regular servicing to do an oil change last week. The car was perfectly fine with no problems, driving smoothly. What I thought was a regular service turned into a $6,400 bill, and was told that the intake cam sprocket was damaged and had to be replaced, furthermore it was a "good thing" they discovered this problem now as it would have cost us alot more and required an engine overhaul if the problem went on undetected. One sales rep said that it was due to, you guessed it, the diagnostic system showing an error, while another sales rep said (unsurprisingly) that they heard a sound when they took the car for a test drive - clearly something was not adding up as they were giving different excuses. When I questioned them on why the bill was so expensive and sent them a link that was selling the same part for US$650 vs. their quote of S$2,100 per piece, they came back with a revised quote of $4,450 after giving more discounts - shaved $1,950 off the bill just because I asked! I felt really uncomfortable at this point as they were clearly being dishonest, and requested for them to assemble the car back together for me without fixing it. To my horror, they said the car could not be driven / the engine could not start as the part was broken. Upon questioning further, I realized they had broken the part when they opened the cover, that's why they could not fix it back, and that is why the car could not start anymore although it was functioning perfectly when I dropped it off. Upon learning that I wanted to tow my car away to another workshop to fix it, they panicked and immediately dropped the price to $2,000, saying that they will fix my car "at a loss" by throwing in complimentary labor etc. when what they should have done is own up to their mistake that they broke the part and changed it FOC. 

This is ridiculous beyond words.  Clearly they were trying to take advantage of owners who are not familiar with cars, or they think.

I would also add - never buy a used car that comes with their "warranty" thinking its a great deal.  That's all I can say and want to say, and am saying from experience.  I don't to go into the details.

I think this is a common issue with cayenne and panamera.

see this post: https://fifthgear.biz/fifthgear-blog/porsche-cayenne-and-panamera-camshaft-adjuster-bolts/

↡ Advertisement