Anyone heard of this workshop "Optima Werkz" ?

Cerano

This is ridiculous beyond words.  Clearly they were trying to take advantage of owners who are not familiar with cars, or they think.

I would also add - never buy a used car that comes with their "warranty" thinking its a great deal.  That's all I can say and want to say, and am saying from experience.  I don't to go into the details.

they love to 'scare' rich driver with big cars.

my friend used Q5 warrently is with them. service there also .

1 day he told me he change his absorbers for many Ks...

cos the mech told him spoil already dangerous to drive, might have funny sound....

some ppl money is easy to make.

thats why they will keep trying...........

↡ Advertisement

cos the mech told him spoil already dangerous to drive, might have funny sound....

This is not the right way to do business. How to survive long term if people began to doubt their integrity?

haha, this type many around. It's like those phone scams, they just try 100 times, 5% believe good enough. Furthermore, hearsay some bigger groups SA got commission one 

• Praise 1

This is not the right way to do business. How to survive long term if people began to doubt their integrity?

they been around long time already , 1 of the bigger player in the field.

( to be able to offer warrently stuff for dealer )

how many of the car owner join forum or even chat group to discuss cars matter etc??

a very very low % , esp those with deep pocket and big cars.

they only want their car to be able to drive and safe.

ppl that know their stuff like this posh owner will complain,

but they are the very very few ......

how many of the car owner join forum or even chat group to discuss cars matter etc??

true. People in the 60s believe what the mechs say 100% ! My dad is a good example.

1. C&C has included (w/o asking) a tonic addition for every servicing for my mum's Kia. All the while my dad brought in for service. The last time before warranty end (4.5yrs) I sent in. When the SA showed me the job sheet + pricing, I immediately pointed to the "tonics" and asked "What is this ? Remove it ! " knn, people never say they just happily add, knowing that most uncles won't bother. That to me, while not unscrupulous, borders on unethical.

2. Spark. After warranty, my dad brought to Spark to service. The SA says suspension spoil liao, must change. He so kan jiong and scared, want to send it ASAP. I brought car to my mech and he say " huh ? still good what" fyi, mileage is 40K+ even though its a 5 yrs old car

3. His current car. Just bring in service nia, SA says 2 tires need to change, he change. Then also promote their car polishing service he also take up. All these while dun know what's the market price.

My dad, I believe is a very accurate sample of many like him. Every thing bring back to AD, and everything they say is bible. His Ex Camry also send to Borneo for full 10 years.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3

We need to raise the DIY car culture in our country.  SO many ignorant joes.

My hiadee was quoted for and oil servicing for his porky for like $450  !

I told him to buy his own oil change kit n come to my place and use my proven SHU from NTUC Fairprice.

Bcos he once helped me in life.  I charged him just a lunch at Hans Café.

All in all his cost was $90.  Believe or not up to u

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I told him to buy his own oil change kit n come to my place and use my proven SHU from NTUC Fairprice.

can i be your hiadee? i supply everything. just need help to jack up and service? hahaha

do you have a hoist at home ? 

If majority totally believe what the mechs say, then its very easy for outside workshops to earn fast money. I

If majority totally believe what the mechs say, then its very easy for outside workshops to earn fast money.

not say totally don't believe, the geez of it is not to get smoked. so we have to have knowledge not to let workshop smoke us.

These mechanics may say this but must and that but also must make sense we decide and judge what is best. 

Twincharged

not say totally don't believe, the geez of it is not to get smoked. so we have to have knowledge not to let workshop smoke us.

These mechanics may say this but must and that but also must make sense we decide and judge what is best.

Majority of the mechanics are from Malaysia, most of these grease monkeys don’t know better. Their typical refrain is “ is like that one” or “ I do like that for so long also no problem”.

I admit that there are good mechanics but those are rare. Most of the local workshops are out for a quick buck as costs of rental and labour are high. Most will do anything to get more business. Rarely will they tell you to just use and save money.

Majority of the mechanics are from Malaysia, most of these grease monkeys don’t know better. Their typical refrain is “ is like that one” or “ I do like that for so long also no problem”.

I admit that there are good mechanics but those are rare. Most of the local workshops are out for a quick buck as costs of rental and labour are high. Most will do anything to get more business. Rarely will they tell you to just use and save money.

sg ws lobor is getting higher and higher now. and mostly took short cuts and half cook knowledge. i can even do better than them.

I wanted to have one but CFO says unless I get a bungalow, I can only use RAMPS(not that type) and Jacks.  

You dont need a hoist to do oil servicing.  But u need to dispose used oil properly.

• Praise 1

yea.. totally agree on this...

normally i listen to the mechanic first, then only i decide. 

I may not know all the things about cars, but just know a bit a bit here and there.

Of course, I trust the mechanic, but I also need to know what's going on.

sometimes seeing people trashing on other people is like so sad, and social media today, a lot are so one-sided story, then people keep bashing... 

sorry guys.. a bit emotional this morning.. :(

yea.. totally agree on this...

normally i listen to the mechanic first, then only i decide. 

I may not know all the things about cars, but just know a bit a bit here and there.

Of course, I trust the mechanic, but I also need to know what's going on.

sometimes seeing people trashing on other people is like so sad, and social media today, a lot are so one-sided story, then people keep bashing... 

sorry guys.. a bit emotional this morning.. :(

that is why, knowledge is power lor. if we dont know, we try to learn. if we have knowledge , nobody can smoke us. simple as that.

Have used the Upp Thomson (now closed for good I heard) and Serangoon branch. I just have to say, I will never go back to them again.

In every servicing, I will relate a list of things for them to look into. These will frequently be overlooked. They can fix first and third issue, then leave out second and fourth issue. I waste a lot of time sitting around asking if this and that has been investigated. Quite a few times, I am just left in the lounge, no update whatsoever from the service rep. Not until I have to step out and start chasing.

Despite the large facility (at Serangoon), getting things done is slow. A private workshop not having spare parts on-hand is fully understandable. But having to sit around for 4-6hrs just for a scheduled servicing is poor. A large workshop unable to handle the large volume of car is nothing more than a giant carpark in my opinion.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Ravinged said:

Have used the Upp Thomson (now closed for good I heard) and Serangoon branch. I just have to say, I will never go back to them again.

In every servicing, I will relate a list of things for them to look into. These will frequently be overlooked. They can fix first and third issue, then leave out second and fourth issue. I waste a lot of time sitting around asking if this and that has been investigated. Quite a few times, I am just left in the lounge, no update whatsoever from the service rep. Not until I have to step out and start chasing.

Despite the large facility (at Serangoon), getting things done is slow. A private workshop not having spare parts on-hand is fully understandable. But having to sit around for 4-6hrs just for a scheduled servicing is poor. A large workshop unable to handle the large volume of car is nothing more than a giant carpark in my opinion.

any reason why you chose to go there in the first place? is it a requirement that you have to go to them for service?

2 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

any reason why you chose to go there in the first place? is it a requirement that you have to go to them for service?

The car I drove back then free servicing was covered by Optima Werkz. Stopped going there ever since, brought to my own workshop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1