Anyone heard of this workshop "Optima Werkz" ?

Cerano

For Awareness

Sent my car to Optima Werkz (Serangoon) for 4 times to solve my undercarriage noise which will only cost $100+ instead of $500+.

On the first visit, they applied grease at anti-roll bar bushings and I was asked to monitor.

Noise reoccurred after 1 week +. Went back and they serviced the brake. After I collected the car, drove out and the noise came back. Immediately went back to the workshop and test drive together with the mechanic. He seems to know where is the fault and ask me to return next week.

So, on the third visit. Sales Advisor suspected and advised me to change the suspension top mount (total cost $300 + $180 labour cost + $ 60 alignment + GST). Collected the car on the same day and immediately the noise came back. Did they really test the car after repairing it? Went back again and test drive with another mechanic. Seems experience and he suspected should be the anti-roll bar bushings. Apply grease and noise cleared. So confirmed the noise is from anti-roll bar bushings. The replacement cost for the anti-roll bar bushings is around $100. But I spent $500+ on something that doesn't have to replace immediately. From what I understand from the mechanic , apply grease is a temporary solution, the noise will eventually come back. Why didn`t they change the anti roll bar bushings since it “solved” the noise problem and only came back only after 1 week+ ?

Went back the next day to get bushings replaced. The bushings are free (given reluctantly) after some discussion and argument. (Sales Advisor - thumb down, super rude.).

Conclusion

Please seek third party advice from other workshops. Optima Werkz is fine at doing routine servicing (not cheap - a 40k servcing cost $5xx for a japanese car) but comes to corrective maintenance, I believed that many workshops can do a much better job, faster, and at a lower cost. One of the mechanic (a Malaysian skinny guy ) is very friendly and helpful but not the Sales Advisor. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, newurbanhomme said:

For Awareness

Sent my car to Optima Werkz (Serangoon) for 4 times to solve my undercarriage noise which will only cost $100+ instead of $500+.

On the first visit, they applied grease at anti-roll bar bushings and I was asked to monitor.

Noise reoccurred after 1 week +. Went back and they serviced the brake. After I collected the car, drove out and the noise came back. Immediately went back to the workshop and test drive together with the mechanic. He seems to know where is the fault and ask me to return next week.

So, on the third visit. Sales Advisor suspected and advised me to change the suspension top mount (total cost $300 + $180 labour cost + $ 60 alignment + GST). Collected the car on the same day and immediately the noise came back. Did they really test the car after repairing it? Went back again and test drive with another mechanic. Seems experience and he suspected should be the anti-roll bar bushings. Apply grease and noise cleared. So confirmed the noise is from anti-roll bar bushings. The replacement cost for the anti-roll bar bushings is around $100. But I spent $500+ on something that doesn't have to replace immediately. From what I understand from the mechanic , apply grease is a temporary solution, the noise will eventually come back. Why didn`t they change the anti roll bar bushings since it “solved” the noise problem and only came back only after 1 week+ ?

Went back the next day to get bushings replaced. The bushings are free (given reluctantly) after some discussion and argument. (Sales Advisor - thumb down, super rude.).

Conclusion

Please seek third party advice from other workshops. Optima Werkz is fine at doing routine servicing (not cheap - a 40k servcing cost $5xx for a japanese car) but comes to corrective maintenance, I believed that many workshops can do a much better job, faster, and at a lower cost. One of the mechanic (a Malaysian skinny guy ) is very friendly and helpful but not the Sales Advisor. 

I sent in my car there 4 yrs ago, spent $4k plus problem still not solved. Tmd how this ws still survive today😆

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 1

57 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Quite surprised this workshop is still around...

they doing very well, making big money.

their boss smart, they are the autorise ws for a number if PI i believe.

how they charge u , is how AD charge u, well u go AD service still need take q number right, despite their super expensive charges...

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, newurbanhomme said:

For Awareness

Conclusion

If we could find one of the workshop that is like the video above how good? A lot of workshop in sg are just trial and error type, they might just plug in obd and see the error code and then think oh this is the problem and then say need to replace this part where in fact actually it is deeper then that. So after replacing, problem still come. So if anyone happened to find a workshop that is 75% as good as the above, please do not change workshop already. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, 

Im new to the forum and happy to be part of the community. 

My friends and I are interested to find out more about the automotive industry in Singapore, particularly the servicing component of the market. To do so, we have crafted a simple and quick 2 min google survey form that we would like to share with the community to gather your valued feedbacks and better understand consumers' consensus regarding car servicing. 

Google Survey Form Link: https://forms.gle/gE3nhv2Qnt5eECtDA

Any feedback and comments are welcomed. Appreciate the help and unwavering support. 

Thank you. Have a great day ahead. 

↡ Advertisement