Anyone heard of this workshop "Optima Werkz" ?

Cerano

Turbocharged

Heard before of some PIs who have workshop, but end up pushing the blame around when you go back for repairs. Or the workshop close down den the PI say it's not their problem anymore.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Also, I wouldnt trust the "reviews" on OW on this forum/website. There are 8 reviews and all gave 5/5, but have a look at the user join date and the date the reviews were posted.... All either same day, or just a few days apart.

Customers so steady meh? Love their service so much and create account here just to give them a good review????

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Also, I wouldnt trust the "reviews" on OW on this forum/website. There are 8 reviews and all gave 5/5, but have a look at the user join date and the date the reviews were posted.... All either same day, or just a few days apart.

Customers so steady meh? Love their service so much and create account here just to give them a good review????

Then you go which ws?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i bought from my pi n he's using this workshop so lan lan went to this workshop at serangoon area n service twice liao n found it not bad.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

looks to me you feel good by using superlatives to make paint yourself as courageous and unconventional and the sales person cowed to meet their match in you.

businesses have already fixed a package they are selling. you ask them to customise their package for you, they are not obliged to do so and that doesn't make them anymore a coward for not agreeing to customise. [rolleyes]

You knows what? When I ask them to put in written "agreement" in black & white, their f**king balls shrink like deflated tires going over a hundred nails.

Nothing in written black & white with concise terms & condition with liability/accountability brings you no where dealing with PI/Used Car Reseller. [furious] I've my cheque book ready to pay full and they have balls struck in throat.

• Praise 1

I only trust workshop through experience.

The first workshop is a hell for me. Spark plug also use wrong. The spark position is +1mm more. Imagine my piston hit the spark plug.

My current workshop trouble shoot for me for free a couple of time.

Recently he spend almost 30 mins jacking up and tightening my undercarriage to isolate a clunking sound for free.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I think you can try ask your friend or even in this forum for a better workshop recommendation. Do not necessary need to visit Optima Werkz right.

Btw, I am curious how you guys usually get your workshop recommendation? Like me, I usually call my friend's dad who work in this industry for recommendation on which workshop to go.

• Praise 1

I think you can try ask your friend or even in this forum for a better workshop recommendation. Do not necessary need to visit Optima Werkz right.

Btw, I am curious how you guys usually get your workshop recommendation? Like me, I usually call my friend's dad who work in this industry for recommendation on which workshop to go.

Agreed. Best is to ask for recommendation form friends to prevent any unhappiness with the workshop. As for me, I have quite a number of good workshop to recommend though.

• Praise 1

I m trying out tis workshop today since the dealer tat I bought my car from gave me a package from tis workshop.

I think it's a normal workshop tat is juz packaged like a premium one.

• Praise 1

I m trying out tis workshop today since the dealer tat I bought my car from gave me a package from tis workshop.

I think it's a normal workshop tat is juz packaged like a premium one.

pls provide review after you visit them.

Done my 1st servicing there , the mechanics will drape a cover over ur car seat b4 taking the vehicle. The place mainly serve high end cars n mine was the onli cheapo jap car there.

nothing much to shout abt , cos I mainly changed my oil there onli . But the lounge there is a gd place to snooze n chill .

Price wise should be ok since a 4L oil change costs me arnd $140.

My new Honda Vezel has been assigned to Optma Werkz as the warranty agent. The contract I received is lop-sided. Changing engine oil and oil filter is an end-user task and responsibility. But they use it as a compulsory condition or else the warranty is voided immediately. It's like saying I must buy my mother's birthday cake from them every year, otherwise the warranty will be void.

The car dealer says typical oil change at Optima Werkz is $150 for material as service is free. This is a total rip off!

Did Optima Werkz purchase all the required Honda computerized diagnostic systems for the Vezel? Do they have engineers trained by Honda? Is Optima Werkz certified by Honda as a party whose work will not void any Honda recall? From the wordings in the contract T&Cs, it sounds like another Jover Chew of Sim Lim Square fame.

I have two previous Toyotas (Harrier 3.0, RAV4) from parallel importers. And I have never gone to any of the "warranty" workshops. I used both vehicles to the end of their lives without problem Both cars were made in Japan, and Toyota knows what reliability is.

Edited by King_Kong
  • Praise 2

you mean you don't know before you buy the car? this sort of condition is told upfront ...

But they use it as a compulsory condition or else the warranty is voided immediately
Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

OW is experienced in handling conti. hand ur car with them will be fully assured they will make ur car back to prime condition

the staffs is friendly, lounge is good but all comes at premium price.

for japanese cars, I suggest u go to other workshops which offers more value for money.

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 3

I've known the boss, Jason, since 1993 when he was working for his father-in-law in Sin Ming. Some of the staff followed him when he set up Optima Werkz. Anyway, there will never be 100% satisfaction but his prices are never over the top. You will get what you paid for. My new car is currently 1 year old from a PI but i didn't even use their recommended workshop. The reason is that my friend and I bought our cars together but his arrived first. So naturally his first servicing was earlier than mine. His experience with the PI workshop wasn't good and was overcharged. Even prior to my friend's experience, I already decided to go back to using Optima Werkz.

Anyway, it's hard to get hold of Jason at their Serangoon branch because he is usually at the Leng Kee one. I stay in Hougang so I still use their Serangoon workshop, but I deal with Sky (Ah Teck) directly. He is the in-charge of the Serangoon North workshop.

By the way, they don't distinguish whether you drive Continental or Japanese or Korean, they accept all cars. And they shifted to the building behind the NCG station although you still go in through the same entrance. Their new lounge is super nice. I'm going back for my baby's servicing. The only time her interior is vacuumed is when she's getting serviced. Yup, your car gets a free wash, tire black and vacuuming too.

• Praise 1

I've known the boss, Jason, since 1993 when he was working for his father-in-law in Sin Ming. Some of the staff followed him when he set up Optima Werkz. Anyway, there will never be 100% satisfaction but his prices are never over the top. You will get what you paid for. My new car is currently 1 year old from a PI but i didn't even use their recommended workshop. The reason is that my friend and I bought our cars together but his arrived first. So naturally his first servicing was earlier than mine. His experience with the PI workshop wasn't good and was overcharged. Even prior to my friend's experience, I already decided to go back to using Optima Werkz.

Anyway, it's hard to get hold of Jason at their Serangoon branch because he is usually at the Leng Kee one. I stay in Hougang so I still use their Serangoon workshop, but I deal with Sky (Ah Teck) directly. He is the in-charge of the Serangoon North workshop.

By the way, they don't distinguish whether you drive Continental or Japanese or Korean, they accept all cars. And they shifted to the building behind the NCG station although you still go in through the same entrance. Their new lounge is super nice. I'm going back for my baby's servicing. The only time her interior is vacuumed is when she's getting serviced. Yup, your car gets a free wash, tire black and vacuuming too.

hi paul (or rather jason). are you sure you are not related to OW directly?

1st post and you sing praises for OW to the skies. Pretty unbelievable i would say.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2