Anyone heard of this workshop "Optima Werkz" ?

Cerano

Dig up a more than one year thread and praised until sky high.....hmmmmm.

Gotta try harder bro, or rather be more discreet la.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dig up a more than one year thread and praised until sky high.....hmmmmm.

Gotta try harder bro, or rather be more discreet la.

Confirmed OKT..
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My Honda Ody warranty is covered by OW.

So when my 3 month Ody was hit by a guy who ran a red light I went to them for the repair.

All I can say is that they are no better than the Ah Beng WS out there. They took 3 month to resolve my Honda sense issues and even lied to me that they replace the radar which they did not and the repair work after 3 months started to rust. I can understand if they don't know how to repair as Honda sense is new in SG but it's the BS again and again that pisses me off.

I thought with all the BMW, Merc, and even Porsche I saw there the simple Japanese car would not be a problem for them. It seems to me they care more about the branded conti car than the Japs. The Japs cars are just the money tree with the ties up from the PI. Their service package is not any cheaper and yes you get a nice lounge to sit and wait but dealing with dishonest folks like them is just plain tiring.

So end of the day a big and nice looking workshop is no guarantee, you are better off looking for one that won't rip you off and comfortable with.

For me, F the warranty and I am going back to my regular place.

Paul sounds dubiously patronising on OW's quality of service. Even know the workshop I/C by real name and nick ð

Even provides details on how to locate the w/s and it's after-care cleanup services.

An embedded advertisement no doubt.

Falling business??

Between Paul and Buzz , I rather trust the comments from Buzz 99%. Buzz has been around and active in the Odyssey thread. His less than desired Ody service experience with them is therefore a lot more credible. At one point I was considering using this workshop too but now i will skip them. Edited by Ct3833

they are using the same module by one of the recent closed down ws (sorry, forgoten the name)

also offering same type of warranty for resale car thru car dealers.

make you fustrated by not attending to your car or leave t ws for days without repairing.

when you visit other ws to repair, they will void the warranty, which is their main ultimate aim

seemed like PI warranty like no warranty...

No la.. PI warranty is a warranty for this work shop to earn more money.. LOL.. Bought my first car 4 years ago, was a Getz with 2.5 years left on the COE. I was so noob that I paid 1k extra to the dealer for this so called warranty and have to do all the servicing with optima werkz. I should have known better than to pay 1k to someone whom can't even spell "work" the proper way. Their servicing was expensive and they never fails to try squeeze more money out of you during each visit with lame problems. 

• Praise 1

I'm Paul, not Jason nor anyone affiliated with OW. I'm just offering my opinion as a customer.

This is a review post right? If you won't even consider the words of someone who has had a good, reliable and trusted mechanic for years then so be it. Anyway, I've never said their products or services were cheap, all I said was you get what you pay for. Whether you use OW or not, it's up to you. They have nothing to lose and neither do I.

And to those who said they won't use them because of their name, that's your opinion. It's just a name anyway. Some kids' names are harder to spell nowadays.

Edited by Paul3377
  • Dislike 1

No one is going to always have the same opinion. More likely everyone will have a different opinion. If you cannot accept differing opinions, maybe online forums should be removed from your to-do lists.

• Praise 3

I now remember why I stopped posting in forums. Lol :a-bang:

because you said you are not affiliated but you've known the boss since 1993. 

so your opinion is definitely biased.

my childhood friend of 20 years sells insurance. while i dont need it, i always recommend him for biz cos i know him well. same thing. 

plus you are lurking anyway, how do you expect people to take your first few posts seriously when you have zero credibility here ...

• Praise 4

because you said you are not affiliated but you've known the boss since 1993. 

so your opinion is definitely biased.

my childhood friend of 20 years sells insurance. while i dont need it, i always recommend him for biz cos i know him well. same thing. 

plus you are lurking anyway, how do you expect people to take your first few posts seriously when you have zero credibility here ...

Yes, I agree that opinions are different for everybody. Most workshops gain their reputation through word of mouth, especially in the car community. I also agree that not everyone will get the same level of service but when I offered my view, people said that I am advertising for the workshop when I'm just voicing my own experience. Some people even disliked my post for saying so. Some said that I'm Jason posing as a customer. While I don't post for the sake of posting doesn't mean I'm lurking. I happened to come across the article while browsing on SGCarmart and thought that I'd share my personal experience. But it was taken the wrong way.

I can accept constructive criticism but as you can see from some replies, they are nothing close to being constructive. If I were to put it crudely, I'd say they were trolls. I didn't even use a fake moniker for my username and that is actually a caricature of me in my avatar. If having over 6000 posts means having credibility then trolls would rule in terms of credibility.

Anyway, thanks for even taking the time to read. Have a nice day.

• Praise 2

I'm not sure OW was set up to cater to PI or to end customers. Totally different cost/budget structure. PI prob pay them a lump sum, that's why they have to be "stingy". Such warranty companies have shown to be not feasible, what was the name of that one that closed down ? Simply they do not have the volume..... 

Between Paul and Buzz , I rather trust the comments from Buzz 99%. Buzz has been around and active in the Odyssey thread. His less than desired Ody service experience with them is therefore a lot more credible. At one point I was considering using this workshop too but now i will skip them.

I used to be very active in SHC when I was driving my EG9, I stopped after I changed car. Now I'm with SGMerc but we don't use the forums, we are using Whatsapp instead.

looking to purchase a used Volvo and used car dealer offered extended warranty but must service every 6 months if not warranty void

very interesting after researching the forum, maybe better to ask for discount than subjecting to their mercy

• Praise 1

You are better off to avoid dealing with them, as it has already DEMONSTRATED their BAD FAITH.  Screw them by not buying from these merchant.

There is are always a better deal out there.

Fair ?

looking to purchase a used Volvo and used car dealer offered extended warranty but must service every 6 months if not warranty void

very interesting after researching the forum, maybe better to ask for discount than subjecting to their mercy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2