Honda Civic Type R 2015 released

Quantum

Sounds similar to my Legacy GT also with 2.5 T. But I have to drive like a snail 90% of the time to even achieve that. What is the compression ratio on the RS? Stock boost?

Specs http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=10851&Subcode=2334

Stock boost is 1.4bar.

I've changed my driving style somewhat and lately managed 10.3km/l. The key is to glide in gear as much as possible on the highway. The engine switches to a zero consumption mode.

↡ Advertisement

Specs http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=10851&Subcode=2334

Stock boost is 1.4bar.

I've changed my driving style somewhat and lately managed 10.3km/l. The key is to glide in gear as much as possible on the highway. The engine switches to a zero consumption mode.

Yes, DFCO, I do that a lot in highway but since I have the slushbox, it is only applicable after lock-up which needs 60-80kph to achieve and some stupid toad hogger always forces me to tap brakes and break out of lock-up mode. Grrrrrrrrr

Wish I had a manual box.

btw, stock boost is so high? 1.4 bar is about 20+ psi. Seems a bit high for 8.5 CR 2.5l pushing 300hp.

Edited by Ake109

Yes, DFCO, I do that a lot in highway but since I have the slushbox, it is only applicable after lock-up which needs 60-80kph to achieve and some stupid toad hogger always forces me to tap brakes and break out of lock-up mode. Grrrrrrrrr

Wish I had a manual box.

btw, stock boost is so high? 1.4 bar is about 20+ psi. Seems a bit high for 8.5 CR 2.5l pushing 300hp.

Yah, that's why I don't drive auto, not for performance cars anyway.

Ops my bad, stock boost is 0.8bar. [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Euro spec type R. As mentioned before, the Honda civic (including the type R) has already been discontinued in Japan some years back due to very poor domestic sales.

Don't be surprised if Kah Motors decide not to bring it in. Competition among the hot hatches is so stiff, even the current generation GTI isn't selling well.

List price of likes from Ford, Opel, Renault, Subaru range from 150-180k in the same performance band so expecting it to be in the same region if it does reach us.

But really, nothing beats the M135i for value if you want a hot hatch. Sub-5s century sprint, RWD, 5 door practicality, higher resale value and OMV. and still under 200k

M135i ever went for under 200k new? I thought always at least around 220k-230k min. By the time it came, COE already all 60-70k liao right?

Turbocharged
(edited)

made in UK hor? eeee low quality compared to jdm...

Edited by Duckduck

M135i ever went for under 200k new? I thought always at least around 220k-230k min. By the time it came, COE already all 60-70k liao right?

Quite a few months back, August last year? The listed price was 13+k and COE at 60+k.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/acars_pricehistory.php?CarCode=11263&Subcode=3461

But it is for the base model, which may be missing some options and comes in Manual.

Current listed price 22+k before discounts, you can try calling them. MA also offers 5yr free service and warranty, I feel that is worth quite a few $k already

(edited)

Quite a few months back, August last year? The listed price was 13+k and COE at 60+k.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/acars_pricehistory.php?CarCode=11263&Subcode=3461

But it is for the base model, which may be missing some options and comes in Manual.

Current listed price 22+k before discounts, you can try calling them. MA also offers 5yr free service and warranty, I feel that is worth quite a few $k already

Ha! It was a cheap marketing trick. They list as 138k before COE but that is for like bare bones car which is unobtainable. Add in leather seats, carpets, gearbox, idrive, nav (and a bunch of options which you are basically not even allowed to omit) and it came up to a minimum of 220k.

I fell for it lor, thought would be 199k so went down to MA and finally the salesguy calculated for me, 230k for the 5 dr. Kena conned!

Edited by Ake109

It's the UK Civic type R. Who is going to import it to Singapore? Even if some dealer import it it will be very expensive to buy one.

Supercharged
(edited)

It's the UK Civic type R. Who is going to import it to Singapore? Even if some dealer import it it will be very expensive to buy one.

u dunno the AD sold the previous gen UK CTR meh?

post-1698-0-33923400-1433253493_thumb.png

Edited by Eyke

u dunno the AD sold the previous gen UK CTR meh?

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Only one generation they bring in. They are so selective they don't even bring in all the Type R be it UK or JDM. Unless you know what they are planning to bring in dan you show me? No point telling me what the old models they brought in. That was in the past.

↡ Advertisement