Sungei Road market to go bye bye

Mockngbrd

I don't think that sungei road should be preserved at the cost of relocating a new MRT station.

However an alternative location nearby the jalan besar/little india area should be allowed to let them operate given the long history of the place.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Look at the popn plan for 10m.

You think these people got chance to hang around ?

In SG, it's out with the old and useless.

It's in with the young, cheaper and faster.

its the sinkie culture..looking at how often sinkies change their mobile phones..cars..TVs

Hypersonic

its the sinkie culture..looking at how often sinkies change their mobile phones..cars..TVs

It's a horrible feeling if one is getting old. Not only are your contributions not appreciated, you are given the impression that you are useless. [shakehead] [shakehead]

Whatever history/heritage we have left will be displayed 'proudly' in sterile environment of a nonsensical 'museum' that locals don't give a rats ass of ...

• Praise 2

Supersonic

to the MIWs,

- FTs are better than locals

- obedient FTs are better than opposing Singaporeans

- young FTs are better than old and slow Singaporeans

Retrench 1 local pme can split the victim pay of 4.5 into 3 x 1.5 for 3 new young n energetic new ctzn.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

For those who dont stay near the area, do u know where they park or store their goods after 7pm?

At loading bay, hdb void deck, car park lots or anywhere they can find empty space.

Its a fire hazard especially at the void deck area.

It already happened quite a lots of times at night when rival burn rival goods

For those who dont stay near the area, do u know where they park or store their goods after 7pm?

At loading bay, hdb void deck, car park lots or anywhere they can find empty space.

Its a fire hazard especially at the void deck area.

It already happened quite a lots of times at night when rival burn rival goods

Bro, Granted.. I can emphatize with that.. If NEA evicting them due to prolonged posing of fire hazard.. I won't make noise.. Enforce the safety rather then evict them.

I popped over for the first time in many years just now. It's really interesting to walk there once in a while.. Heard stories of ppl vendors stealing from each other etc.. Haha...

Tho I struggled to buy something there, others seem happy to just grab and go some some cheap stuff.. I really pity some old folks there.. Some just sit ard peddle their goods and chit chat to pass time.. Where does NEA want them to go? Aren't these ppl all the 建国一代 gahmen say want to protect?

Edited by SuPerBoRed

Sungei road market aka thief market, once a while can find some stolen goods, brand new and very cheap.

ever saw a guy bought a brand new (still in box) cannon photo printer for $30 only

What you found there ?

I used to go rubbish dump to look for stuff when I was younger. Found walkman, old wooden badminton racket, hand bag, light starters(still new in plastic wraping) and toy soldiers.

One man's rubbish is another man's treasure!!!

Now, I still do if I require wood materials to DIY my stuff. Like shelves or carrier to support my boats. Just cut off the legs of a bed frame or chair. Also foam from packaging material to use as floatation for my boats.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

Sungei road market aka thief market, once a while can find some stolen goods, brand new and very cheap.

ever saw a guy bought a brand new (still in box) cannon photo printer for $30 only

not necessary stolen goods, it could be obsolete stock given away by nearby SLS, these uncle has their lobang [laugh]

$30 for a brand new canon photo printer?!?!?!?

now!!! thats one lau sai geh zi (lau sai price) [laugh]

• Praise 1

Decades-old Sungei Road flea market to be shut for good; July 10 will be its last day

The flea market will make way for future residential developments. Roads in the area could be re-aligned as well.

another signature place bites the dust.....
  • Praise 2

signature but nobody go there anymore, keep for what?

i pass by it almost every few days.... but see few people like just jalan-jalan there; maybe on weekends there might be more heavy traffic of foreign workers hanging around there.... some of the stuff they sell is also new too  ; not easy to sell in the hot sun or rainy weather 

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3