Illegal exhaust fine?

Stars4U

Knn pls want to mod go for legal ones.

Those illegal ones are usually damn noisy n irritating.especially when nite time u slept so nicely liao then one stupid bugger exhaust wakes the whole bloody neighbourhood up.........

Limpei will leeport or throw water bomb on that bugger car.

when I got my current ride, it had a illegal quad tip muffler (fm a reputable japan company). Nice, muted and quiet. Still, heart pound whenever see LTA patrol. So quickly find and change to stock.

when I changed to an approved muffler, it was dam blardy loud relative to the quads [smallcry] early morning and late nite cold starts dam pai seh.

I wish LTA will just check db level instead of the current silly n expensive process. Missing the forest for the trees....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Workshops are also reluctant to add supercharger as they get into trouble as well.

Really? But I never hear WS kena charged for installing illegal exhaust before leh...

It's always the driver that kena.

Turbocharged

Really? But I never hear WS kena charged for installing illegal exhaust before leh...

It's always the driver that kena.

I mean add supercharger ; which is considered engine mod. WS will kenna.

Adding turbocharger or illegal exhaust is considered exhaust mod ; dont think WS will kena.

Supercharged

Adding turbocharger or illegal exhaust is considered exhaust mod ; dont think WS will kena.

That's confusing... :wacko:

Anyway how the WS will kena? I mean how LTA can trace the mod was done by a XYZ workshop, if the driver don't provide the details...?

That's confusing... :wacko:

Anyway how the WS will kena? I mean how LTA can trace the mod was done by a XYZ workshop, if the driver don't provide the details...?

Just say do in JB lor...no need to get WS into trouble.

Hey guys,

I juz gt caught by an LTA officer this evening without my cat converter, he issued me an inspection letter for my car to be inspected by next week.

Qn is, if I quickly swap back to my cat converter, and e inspection pass, will I still get fine?e officer did take pics as evidence. But I gather from my frenz that If I quickly change back there is still chance. Is that true? Thanks..

Hey guys,

I juz gt caught by an LTA officer this evening without my cat converter, he issued me an inspection letter for my car to be inspected by next week.

Qn is, if I quickly swap back to my cat converter, and e inspection pass, will I still get fine?e officer did take pics as evidence. But I gather from my frenz that If I quickly change back there is still chance. Is that true? Thanks..

You will still need to pay the fine as the officer already has the evidence. But if you swap it back to your cat converter before the inspection, you save a second trip for the re-inspection.

From OneMotoring (seems not different, can but need approval):

Superchargers or Turbochargers

The addition of superchargers or turbochargers to a vehicle may adversely affect the safe operation and its exhaust emission characteristics. Therefore, LTA would require the following to be submitted for evaluation:

a) Technical specifications and installation details (including pictures and drawings) of the proposed supercharger or turbocharger.

b) Certification from the vehicle manufacturer stating that the supercharger or turbocharger is suitable for the vehicle on a per make and model of the vehicle.

c) Certification or test reports from LTA/NEA recognised test laboratories to show that the turbocharger or supercharger when fitted to the vehicle on a per make and model basis complied with prevailing exhaust emission standards.

You will still need to pay the fine as the officer already has the evidence. But if you swap it back to your cat converter before the inspection, you save a second trip for the re-inspection.

Thanks bro. It's my third time being caught, although they all say if u choose to mod, you have to prepare to face e consequences, I can't help but feeling numb all over again. Hate this feeling. They are e ones who brought in e F1, they are e ones who brought in e exhausts, and clearly they know many will do up their cars; seems to me like they are making a profit out of it man.. - create e problem and then try to be e nice party to clear it up. Anything that can earn money, they wanna be part of it. Disgusting..

Thanks bro. It's my third time being caught, although they all say if u choose to mod, you have to prepare to face e consequences, I can't help but feeling numb all over again. Hate this feeling. They are e ones who brought in e F1, they are e ones who brought in e exhausts, and clearly they know many will do up their cars; seems to me like they are making a profit out of it man.. - create e problem and then try to be e nice party to clear it up. Anything that can earn money, they wanna be part of it. Disgusting..

U mod yr exhaust, u kenna caught and you blame the govt?

I say u deserved to be caught. Well done LTA!

• Praise 3

Can share what you did to get caught? Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? How they check u got no cat? Use probe at roadside?

Hmm.. Haha okay, you can say I deserve it, but personally I dont regret it. I like the things I do, What I said is my personal sentiments. I nv said its e govt, but I guess it's kinda obvious. I dun hate them, I just don't agree to some of the things they do. Sorry if I offended anyone.. Anyways, my qn has been answered, appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

Hmm.. Haha okay, you can say I deserve it, but personally I dont regret it. I like the things I do, What I said is my personal sentiments. I nv said its e govt, but I guess it's kinda obvious. I dun hate them, I just don't agree to some of the things they do. Sorry if I offended anyone.. Anyways, my qn has been answered, appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

if your car has a legal aftermarket exhaust just get it, trust me its damn time consuming and troublesome..

now more and more of them out in the streets , not so easy to siam....mine with cert also kena stopped 2 times and let me

see his butt 2 times too.........not really worth the trouble especially at peak hours when they stop you.

Hey guys,

Haha just put a dummy cat there next time.

Supercharged

I still see some drivers chiong with illegal thunder loud exhaust once awhile. Most of these drivers look young. Younger boys got bigger balls. Hahaha. I kena once and my balls shrink to half liao. Now only using legal aftermarket exhaust. :)

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

For most cars exhaust only give you the sound and look of the car. Not much of power gain unless you do major mod to Ihe.