Illegal exhaust fine?

Stars4U

Caught for the 2nd time on the same vehicle.

1st Offence - Paid my fine

2nd Offence - Lim kopi at LTA. Was prepared to pay a higher fine. Lo and behold, months later receive letter to attend court.

I was caught last year September.

wow ...... I think most prob higher fine lo. Anyway, no point worrying about it. Remember to look remorseful, apologise to the judge and say you won't do it again. And hope for the best. Do not in anyway try to give excuses ....... 

Repeat offenders can be fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to six months.

↡ Advertisement

Caught for the 2nd time on the same vehicle.

1st Offence - Paid my fine

2nd Offence - Lim kopi at LTA. Was prepared to pay a higher fine. Lo and behold, months later receive letter to attend court.

I was caught last year September.

in front of judge.  

Cry

Say u got family to feed

u ve been doped by bad company

u ve since been jobless

recently u awaken to a new world n want to become a monk

u already gave yr saving to charity

u can also try this...

heh siao eh, werent we old schoolmates

I saw you at KTV

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

What is dead may never die.

Maybe he's Ironborn.

Excuse me if you don't know your Games of Thrones.

:D

I will have you know I am a big fan of Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke.

• Haha! 1

(edited)

I will have you know I am a big fan of Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke.

Yes well we all have fond mammaries memories of the Mother Of Dragons.

Unlike your own Dragon Lady Mother-In-Law.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

Yes well we all have fond mammaries memories of the Mother Of Dragons.

Unlike your own Dragon Lady Mother-In-Law.

Feeling happier now that you got that off your chest?

I like her (Clarke not my MIL) because she is a big hearted girl.

Dragon mothers have 2 hearts right?

• Haha! 1

(edited)

Feeling happier now that you got that off your chest?

I like her (Clarke not my MIL) because she is a big hearted girl.

Dragon mothers have 2 hearts right?

I always feel better when I make a clean breast of things.

Just the one heart, trust me I'm a doctor. But sometimes when I see such a girl I forget my basic anatomy and I need to feel around before I remember which side the heart is on.

Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

Any bro/sis know nowadays how much is the fine for illegal exhaust mod? 

only able to find this, which state up to 2000 fine. so in reality what is the fine? 
TIA.

Any person who is convicted of an illegal modification can be fined up to $2,000 or jailed for up to three months, for the first offence.

6 hours ago, Selanking said:

only able to find this, which state up to 2000 fine. so in reality what is the fine? 
TIA.

Any person who is convicted of an illegal modification can be fined up to $2,000 or jailed for up to three months, for the first offence.

I think here in MCF mostly all are goody 2 shoes type.... Stock is best ..... some will buy Taobao AMG or M3 decals to get extra HP 🤣....... your car passed Vicom without any issues.... hmm ... U modded in Sg or Bolehland??

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Selanking said:

TIA.

What mod are you talking about? The exhaust system has a lot of parts to mod. From exhaust manifold, a turbo uses exhaust gas from the exhaust manifold to power it, that's why adding a turbo is illegal cos it's effectively an exhaust mod. Some ppl remove the cat and have straight thru exhaust. Some ppl mod the muffler. You got to be more specific. Of course the more you do the chances are your car gets impounded and never be seen again.

You think it's just a fine? You so cute.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

What mod are you talking about? The exhaust system has a lot of parts to mod. From exhaust manifold, a turbo uses exhaust gas from the exhaust manifold to power it, that's why adding a turbo is illegal cos it's effectively an exhaust mod. Some ppl remove the cat and have straight thru exhaust. Some ppl mod the muffler. You got to be more specific. Of course the more you do the chances are your car gets impounded and never be seen again.

You think it's just a fine? You so cute.

Bro, Replace aftermarket exhaust muffler. 

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I think here in MCF mostly all are goody 2 shoes type.... Stock is best ..... some will buy Taobao AMG or M3 decals to get extra HP 🤣....... your car passed Vicom without any issues.... hmm ... U modded in Sg or Bolehland??

Haha, that’s nice summary. 

30 minutes ago, Selanking said:

Bro, Replace aftermarket exhaust muffler. 

replace after market OEM exhaust muffler   from those normal exhaust workshops is not going to get you into trouble.  

Edited by Ct3833

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

replace after market OEM exhaust muffler   from those normal exhaust workshops is not going to get you into trouble.  

There is no LTA certified aftermarket exhaust muffler for the car model. 

20 minutes ago, Selanking said:

I could be wrong, but if  you are replacing it with a after market muffler that is of similar spec, I dont think you will have issues. But if you are  modifying your exhaust using a after market muffler that is louder and not adhering to the specs, then you would likely to get into trouble.

....The purpose is to deter motorists from modifying their vehicle engines or exhaust systems illegally. Any person who is convicted of an illegal modification can be fined up to $2,000 or jailed for up to three months, for the first offence. Repeat offenders can be fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to six months.....

https://www.roads.sg/vehicles-with-illegal-modifications-have-to-undergo-more-frequent-inspections/#:~:text=The purpose is to deter,jailed up to six months.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I could be wrong, but if  you are replacing it with a after market muffler that is of similar spec, I dont think you will have issues. But if you are  modifying your exhaust using a after market muffler that is louder and not adhering to the specs, then you would likely to get into trouble.

....The purpose is to deter motorists from modifying their vehicle engines or exhaust systems illegally. Any person who is convicted of an illegal modification can be fined up to $2,000 or jailed for up to three months, for the first offence. Repeat offenders can be fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to six months.....

https://www.roads.sg/vehicles-with-illegal-modifications-have-to-undergo-more-frequent-inspections/#:~:text=The purpose is to deter,jailed up to six months.

The aftermarket exhaust muffler is louder than stock. 

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Selanking said:

Wow ! What make of car is this ?? This is intriguing 

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Why would he spend money to replace a good muffler with something that looks and sound the same? [laugh] 

Anyway a loud Mazda doesn't make sense, except RXs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1