We Love HDB

Jman888

It's affordable when one just need 1 lifetime to pay off.

is it smthg like one of the art of war tactics - control ppl income & welfare, they have to submit to u whole life, n u will always be in reign.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

dont tell me.................tell those who have being barking lah............I belong to the 60.4% last election leh...............tho I not sure which side I will be with the coming election.............. [laugh] [laugh]

I know I was born poor...................and I will die a middle class..............and I accept the fact.......... [cool][laugh]

as long as u got the freedom and dough for KTV "ahem", u will die with a big smile [laugh]

hk public housing issue is not a one paragraph summary.

Here r my 2 cents.

There was a "positive non-intervention" policy/ strategy by the Brit colonial master in the 60-80s.

Geopolitics leading to the handover ruffled some feathers.

Massive brain drain

hollowing out of hk manufacturing industries in the 80s

First CE Tung laid out plans (good intention but flop due to wrong timing) to build 85k units annually

Asian financial crisis

SARs

CEPA

rising influx of tourists create too much demand chasing inadequate supply, driving up rents and prop prices......

There are many tycoons who made it big from real estate industry.

The two key periods are after 1967 and prior to 1997.

There is a book written in 2005

"Land and the Ruling Class in Hong Kong"

地产霸权 and 官商勾结 are popular hk terms since the turn of the millennium.

Btw, Tung seems to have a good friendship with current president Xi.

I would think CY Leung is not a suitable/ capable leader for hk.

For a (HK local) peasant view on HK vs Sgp public housing, try this url:

----

There is a mention of income inequality (aka gini index) in this thread. I would think if a high gini index sharply reduces social mobility, then it is definitely sowing the seeds for generational civil unrest.
  • Praise 1

I am sure you are aware MCF lower middle class lives in landed property and drive BMW and porsche

:D

alamak why must you remind me.........MCF standard is no pay cash no talk..............like that i was born poor.........and will die just as poor liao...........sibei sian.......... [:(] [:(]

• Praise 1

as long as u got the freedom and dough for KTV "ahem", u will die with a big smile [laugh]

牡丹花下死.......做鬼也风流.......like that I happy liao........big big smile............ [laugh] [laugh]

alamak why must you remind me.........MCF standard is no pay cash no talk..............like that i was born poor.........and will die just as poor liao...........sibei sian.......... [:(] [:(]

Born poor and die poor is ok as long as you live life richly and happily can liao...

i read post 107 from the thread

what he said is good

if my cantonese no fail, he said we strive for the best upwards for a goal like buy condo as our target

not like them, they strive lower and siam just to get public housing

not sure i interpret sala bo..LOL

what he said is good

if my cantonese no fail, he said we strive for the best upwards for a goal like buy condo as our target

yah i read a few pages, many of HK people are quite motivated and hungry to achieve something in life including staying in bigger house. Does that mean that singaporean who opt to stay in HDB are not motivated? i do agree we are getting quite comfortable to an extent of complacent.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

what he said is good

There are people in hk who ask their bosses not to increase their pay so that they can qualify for public housing. They have to queue many years and during these time, their pay must not be higher than the limit. Quite poor thing actually.

Hypersonic

Born poor and die poor is ok as long as you live life richly and happily can liao...

True in the past when most people are poor. nowadays quite hard when everyone is moving forward and you are left behind.

Edited by Vid
  • Praise 1

useable space probably less 8-10% of 624sqft [hur]

Just saw this new launch

http://www-fortesuites.com/project-details/

3-Bedder is 624 sq feet. I thought see wrongly, they forget to add "1" in front. Then I look at the rest, 1 bedder is 441 sq ft, so it should not be typo.

But 3 bedder only 624 sq feet [hur]

Edited by Wt_know

Just saw this new launch

http://www-fortesuites.com/project-details/

3-Bedder is 624 sq feet. I thought see wrongly, they forget to add "1" in front. Then I look at the rest, 1 bedder is 441 sq ft, so it should not be typo.

But 3 bedder only 624 sq feet [hur]

like they say, many people are motivated to upgrade and own private property, size is not an issue :D

like they say, many people are motivated to upgrade and own private property, size is not an issue :D

dun pray pray, 624sq ft can still fit balcony and mega-size AC ledge hor.

Forte-Suites-Floor-Plan-Type-F1.png

Actually tbh, for the same $, i would also rather have a smaller private condo than a hdeebee. Not becos atas, but becos i place high value on the security and privacy a condo offers. Esp. the private carpark cos i don't use my car on weekdays. (bonus is tap in carpark can use hose for car wash) Say what you wan, but that's my preference. Also cos i don't intend to start a family.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Many actually derive pride from having their address listed as private property. Very standard Sg thingy.

Also in part, due to dink & alternative lifestyle family units, size not as relevant.

• Praise 1

I thought 624 sq feet shd be studio size. I think it's smaller than the old 3-room HDB, which theoretically has only 2 rooms and no balcony.

But at 624 sq feet for a 3-bedder, FH, in prime district, it could be the cheapest 3-bedder at launch

dun pray pray, 624sq ft can still fit balcony and mega-size AC ledge hor.

Actually tbh, for the same $, i would also rather have a smaller private condo than a hdeebee. Not becos atas, but becos i place high value on the security and privacy a condo offers. Say what you wan, but that's my preference. Also cos i don't intend to start a family.

For me, i would want a smaller private condo than a hdeebee for the opposite reasons as I have 2 daughters.

Balcony damn valuable leh......can just step out, close sliding door & smoke.....:)

Unlike now, need to go down stairs.

624sqft ... better be content

HK style is 400-500sqft ... we will reach that level sooner than you think

any unit with 4-digit ie: 1001sqft is considered LUXURIOUS unit

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement