Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?

SGCM_editorial

Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. At $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Porsche Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

• Yes
    • No

The Macan is the sixth model in Porsche's lineup, and will sit just below the Cayenne in the family hierarchy. Conceived to be the 'sports car' of its segment, the new Macan embodies the sporting DNA of the Stuttgart automaker.

The base variant features a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine - the smallest in Porsche's current lineup - and packs 237bhp. But at $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

↡ Advertisement

The Macan is the sixth model in Porsche's lineup, and will sit just below the Cayenne in the family hierarchy. Conceived to be the 'sports car' of its segment, the new Macan embodies the sporting DNA of the Stuttgart automaker.

The base variant features a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine - the smallest in Porsche's current lineup - and packs 237bhp. But at $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

If got $300k to spend, confirm good buy. If dun have, it's goodbye...... :D

• Praise 5

sorry hor... need to ensure another 30~40k for maintenance over the 10yrs...

the badge price is too high this one...

Thumbs up

sorry hor... need to ensure another 30~40k for maintenance over the 10yrs...

the badge price is too high this one...

U stay in Mountain har? All porky from Eurokar has 5 yrs maintenance program lah.

We are so sad. In UK, 2.0 is on special order only.

What about the sister car Audi Q3?

EOL soon....................

Of course its not a good buy.

Who needs a 4 wheel drive off-roader in Singapore?

Which mountain you gonna climb?

If you had 300k to burn, buy a small car and donate the rest to charity.

You will be happier for it. If you have to ask this kind of question,

your life my be really empty and vacuous.

:D

• Praise 7

I think the better question would be the owners kenna scoffed by other makes of porsche owners. LoL...

Models, not makes, but fair enough. Of course it can't be someone with a Cayenne, that's equally ridiculous. And a Panamera is on the borderline. Just the 911, Cayenne and Boxster owners, and I think the latter (possibly the latter two) will be too embarrassed to be scoffing much. So that just leaves the 911 owners to do the scoffing, if they're so inclined. [laugh]

Of course its not a good buy.

Who needs a 4 wheel drive off-roader in Singapore?

Which mountain you gonna climb?

If you had 300k to burn, buy a small car and donate the rest to charity.

You will be happier for it. If you have to ask this kind of question,

your life my be really empty and vacuous.

:D

Halo, most of the expensive SUV are not off-roader.

Sometime, ppl ask this kind of question to show that they have $$$.

It is not a question per se.

Models, not makes, but fair enough. Of course it can't be someone with a Cayenne, that's equally ridiculous. And a Panamera is on the borderline. Just the 911, Cayenne and Boxster owners, and I think the latter (possibly the latter two) will be too embarrassed to be scoffing much. So that just leaves the 911 owners to do the scoffing, if they're so inclined. [laugh]

To me, Porsche has 2 product line, purist & B&B. I only luv their purist line. But i don't scoff B&B line as it keeps the factory growing to sustain purist line.

Edited by Davidtch

Seems like Porsche Macan is the cheapest porsche, its a good buy if u r brand cautious. But not for those who are scraping through to buy one, cos the maintenance must be crazy since its a porsche. With the same price you can get a M-class or a RX350, which im guessing are slightly bigger than the Macan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1