Car Workshop In Melaka Town

Kumweng

Hi

I am in Melaka from 20 Aug and would like to have my car Service in Malacca.

Can recommend me any workshop if you think is good.

I am driving Hyundai, I will bring along my own oil and oil filter

Many Thanks

Kevin

↡ Advertisement

Just a friendly advise... do note that any car related parts (engine oil / oil filter / spoiler etc etc) are subjected to some sort of tax while crossing the border.

Of course, if the Malaysian custom find it lah. =p

Cannot help u where to service though cos I think all workshops are the same. Chopping experts all of them...lol.

I would not recommend to service in Melaka, unless you have family/relatives/friends living in Melaka who can recommend their favourite mechanic.

I believe you are going to Melaka for holidays. If this is the case, then just enjoy the holidays.

Suggest you either have the servicing done in SG or JB before driving up to Melaka.

yup agreed unless you already have your usual favourite w/s in MY. For simple oil change, any Singapore w/s can do and it's not terribly expensive. In fact, you should be doing servicing 1 week before the long road trip rather than during the trip. Any leak, faults due to w/s neglect, should surface within this period, and can be rectified before you set off.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 4

DO NOT TRUST those Melaka Workshops unless people recomend or you know them..my recent trip i had leaking coolant...brought in to a workshop and the guy told me my water pump was leaking..sounded convincing and seemed like a nice chap....so i went ahead did the job...happy to get my car back and stupidly did not ask to see the old pump....i drove around whole day and no more leak observed...got back to spore and symptoms start to appear again...brought to my trusted singapore mechanic one look and he told me i been conned...water pump had not been changed..issue was one of the small rubber hose in radiator system had a small little hairline crack and was a simple fix to chnage ....my mechanic was nice enough not to charge me anything..

yes agree it was my fault not to check job done...i was desperate and worried about driving back so just looking to get it fixed anyway RM 380 take it as a lesson and move on...only can share with others...by the way its a pretty big shop near Pines Hotel that sells tyres and does servicing so JUST BE AWARE good brothers

• Praise 1

DO NOT TRUST those Melaka Workshops unless people recomend or you know them..my recent trip i had leaking coolant...brought in to a workshop and the guy told me my water pump was leaking..sounded convincing and seemed like a nice chap....so i went ahead did the job...happy to get my car back and stupidly did not ask to see the old pump....i drove around whole day and no more leak observed...got back to spore and symptoms start to appear again...brought to my trusted singapore mechanic one look and he told me i been conned...water pump had not been changed..issue was one of the small rubber hose in radiator system had a small little hairline crack and was a simple fix to chnage ....my mechanic was nice enough not to charge me anything..

yes agree it was my fault not to check job done...i was desperate and worried about driving back so just looking to get it fixed anyway RM 380 take it as a lesson and move on...only can share with others...by the way its a pretty big shop near Pines Hotel that sells tyres and does servicing so JUST BE AWARE good brothers

Actually, it happens anywhere including Singapore.

My Mini needs to be refill with 1L water everyday.  My wife was driving it for 2 weeks before i get it fixed.

Hey Guys, from the last thread abt 2 years ago in Dec 2018. I was juz wondering if any1 else has good experiences with reliable Car Service Workshops in Malacca and also KL as my company ( Car Related ) would like to link up/tie-up with them. I have read some of the stories posted by our SG drivers. Scary sometimes. But that is what we SG drivers always encounter when driving up to Malaysia. Especially when we have car problems or if we're involved in an accident.

Anyways, my name is Gerald and my company is Towme SG. If any1 has any links or recommendations to reliable and trusted workshops in Malacca and KL. Pls do drop me a msg or line. Thank you in advance. Much appreciate. Have a great weekend every1. Drive safe n stay safe.

↡ Advertisement