This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Agree with maddude, that we should have the option to pay for it. Alternatively for CnC they can spec one vehicle for LTA's test and bring the car in on indent basis . KIA and Hyundai in other markets in Europe, US and Australia have already shed the poor Korean brand image whilst its still viewed fairly poorly in the region. Their current models, with all the extra features and established reliability, I believe have further taken them another step forward and not only compete with Japanese but with Continental cars as well. Its really quite unfortunate its being hampered by a minuscule 4.3

Most car collisions tend to occur at lower speeds, eg turning, tail gating during heavy traffic or wet weather. Autonomous braking in volvo has already saved a number of close calls from car to car collision and even stopped my friend's car from knocking into a cyclist that dashed out. I would agree with you that BSD and RCTD are also very important hence it bewilders me that CnC has chosen not to provide this as an option. These options cost only a few thousand more in other markets and even paying 2.27 times the price.. I say no worries!

Btw this is not a bash CnC rant but more so, hoping that CnC can understand their customers wants better

Is there any point compering with other countries?
↡ Advertisement

Honestly I think that C&C also not stupid... they also want to bring in all the safety features. But if the price is so high, any point to bring in one car for testing? They have to take care of their bottom line. It's not just the cost of the car but also the whole maintenance regimen they have to sustain for what may only be like 10 cars sold over the lifetime of this model? I'm quite sure that it's a bottom line issue.

No matter what Sorento 2016 is really a beauty not to be ignore.

With or without these features, the overall package is still attractive.

Especially the ride is tune for comfort in mind and the sound proofing exceeds in its class.

Honestly I think that C&C also not stupid... they also want to bring in all the safety features. But if the price is so high, any point to bring in one car for testing? They have to take care of their bottom line. It's not just the cost of the car but also the whole maintenance regimen they have to sustain for what may only be like 10 cars sold over the lifetime of this model? I'm quite sure that it's a bottom line issue.

I wonder how much more it would cost to add/enable these features though. The bulk of the hardware should be installed since the Smart Parking Assist System is already able to control the steering, brakes and accelerator autonomously. This also means that the car itself has the sensors to be spatially aware of its surroundings. There are probably some extra sensors required for longer distance detection, but I really doubt that it would push the cost up significantly since a PI Toyota Sienta with ~20k OMV can come fully equipped with these safety features.

I suspect the reason goes beyond cost though. Local distributors might be worried about litigation issues if these safety features fail and result in unexpected accidents. Looking at Tesla and their Autopilot feature, some attention-seeking owners have attempted to blame Tesla after crashing their vehicles (though Tesla has since proved that the accidents were caused by human error and had nothing to do with the Autopilot feature). The lack of local testing and verification of the software could also be another reason that is deterring the distributors from including these features. Nonetheless, it's clear that consumers are keen to have such passive safety features and we can only hope that they come standard with every new vehicle sold in the near future.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I'm just thinking ... Since Our local HU is so small and Malaysia's HU is bigger, can we cross over to Malaysia's Kia service centre and change to their HU? It's still considered original set mah, though of course need to pay but can solve the issue ... Why not?Can we?

after 8000km, i have discovered that FC has improved. this picture was taken earlier...mostly highway and normal mode. almost getting the official FC.

n it's diesel :)

post-164968-0-93218000-1466493083_thumb.jpg

Wow!!! that translates to 14.5km/l

after 8000km, i have discovered that FC has improved. this picture was taken earlier...mostly highway and normal mode. almost getting the official FC.

(edited)

I just switched to Normal from last pump.

But the FC is no where close!  [bigcry]

Edited by Eviltrap

Congrats! Enjoy the Sorento. Just collected mine a week back. It's an excellent car.

Thanks. Need to wait till end Aug or early September then can enjoy the car.

congrats...your price is awesome in light of the escalating COE prices :)

glad you chose this over the discovery. was considering that as well...but sorento is the better value. no regrets so far.

Yes indeed. Had to do quite a bit of due diligence to get both myself and CO comfortable with the badge (and the small HU), but very happy with the decision so far.

The road presence, the power, the general refinement, the FC and the space are nice and in line with expectations. Been pleasantly surprised by the intuitiveness of the HU and the electronics. The speech recognition is pretty useful once you learn the language.

Price point is high for a Kia , but brilliant for what it offers. I did a pretty comprehensive scan of 7 seater SUVs and the next most expensive car I would have taken over the Sorento is the brilliant Volvo XC90 and it's more than double the price. Land Rover was out because of space and reliability concerns. And if you look at prices of the Sorento vs the usual competitors in more mature SUV markets like US, Canada and Australia, we are getting a pretty decent price arbitrage here in Singapore.

Was driving an Audi A6 before and this is (surprisingly), in many ways, just a better car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2