This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Latest update (27 December 2016)

Number of Members: 33

Snow White Pearl 11

Silky Silver 0

Platinum Graphite 5

Imperial Bronze 4

Sunset Red 9

Metal Stream 2

Aurora Black Pearl 1

By Fuel Type

Diesel 25

Petrol 8

By Drivetrain

AWD 3

FWD 30

↡ Advertisement

Just went to several showroom. Sorento, I quite like it, but one thing I don't quite get it.

Toyota,mazda, honda etc...the new cars selling nowadays almost all come with BIG touch screen and inbuilt gps.

Why sorento has only a super small TLT lcd screen without gps?

I read that the sorento in European markets come with 8 inch touch screen with Apple car play or Andriod auto. And Kia is giving free upgrades for 2014, 2015 sorento if owners don't have.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/mashable.com/2016/07/19/kia-apple-carplay-android-auto-update.amp?client=ms-android-huawei

Hopefully, kia Will bring in the Newer sorento with bigger screen soon. I still have some waiting time, COE expiring in May.

Just went to several showroom. Sorento, I quite like it, but one thing I don't quite get it.

Toyota,mazda, honda etc...the new cars selling nowadays almost all come with BIG touch screen and inbuilt gps.

Why sorento has only a super small TLT lcd screen without gps?

I read that the sorento in European markets come with 8 inch touch screen with Apple car play or Andriod auto. And Kia is giving free upgrades for 2014, 2015 sorento if owners don't have.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/mashable.com/2016/07/19/kia-apple-carplay-android-auto-update.amp?client=ms-android-huawei

Hopefully, kia Will bring in the Newer sorento with bigger screen soon. I still have some waiting time, COE expiring in May.

That's the grouse of most, if not all, the current owners. Haha. Edited by Eviltrap

Then Kia better do something abt it, a lot of new models coming out in 2017.

Yeah, think you owe it to yourself to cross-shop CX9, Kodiaq, 5008, if they all arrive on our shores.

But frankly, aside from the tiny head unit, I've been pretty happy with the Sorento in the half year I've had it.

Actually other countries all along got the 7" touchscreen

Dunno why Kia / C&C so cheapo want to lowball SG customers.. and don't want to complete the good buying experience by giving us the big screen in the first place.

I upgraded to pioneed 8850bt with integrated gps for 1k+.

comes with lotsa functions, particularly android auto and car play.

Actually other countries all along got the 7" touchscreen

Dunno why Kia / C&C so cheapo want to lowball SG customers.. and don't want to complete the good buying experience by giving us the big screen in the first place.

True, their standard answer is " we try to bring down the omv to sell you cheaper" if omv is high then the selling price is high too.

True, their standard answer is " we try to bring down the omv to sell you cheaper" if omv is high then the selling price is high too.

haha.. 1k+ touchscreen will affect omv/selling price that much meh?

haha.. 1k+ touchscreen will affect omv/selling price that much meh?

This is what they will answer you. If extra $1000 omv, you know how much tax you gonna pay? Go LTA site to find out, you'll be surprised

Will any warranty be void if change head unit?

When I checked with my SE, he said it would only affect the warranty for the head unit (which is replaced), and not for the general warranty.

Best to confirm with the SE independently.