This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Hi all, just bought a sorento, great ride! able to join the group chat? Thanks!

Hi, does anybody know where to make magnetic sun shades for Sorento? For driver and front passenger windows.

Got it from carousell seller name is ‘isellcarshades’.

He is able to sell just front pieces at reasonable price.

Edited by AllenChung
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hello everyone, glad to hear good things about the Sorento here. I just purchased the 2.2 SX model over the weekend, my first ever car from Kia. I would appreciate if someone could get me connected to the Whatsapp group. Thanks so much.

In the meantime, could I check what's the best place to go to for a 360 camera presently? And in your opinion, is the 360 camera necessary, given there are sensors around the car to aid while parking? Thank you.

Hello everyone, glad to hear good things about the Sorento here. I just purchased the 2.2 SX model over the weekend, my first ever car from Kia. I would appreciate if someone could get me connected to the Whatsapp group. Thanks so much.

In the meantime, could I check what's the best place to go to for a 360 camera presently? And in your opinion, is the 360 camera necessary, given there are sensors around the car to aid while parking? Thank you.

Please check your pm. I did my 360 with Foon Audio Garage. Other shops familiar with the sorento include Autoimage and St Audio. 360 is useful if your previous car is much smaller than the sorento.

Neutral Newbie

Please check your pm. I did my 360 with Foon Audio Garage. Other shops familiar with the sorento include Autoimage and St Audio. 360 is useful if your previous car is much smaller than the sorento.

Thank you!

Wondering if anyone has done the math around the number of km/year you need to travel in order for the Sorento to breakeven from higher road tax and lower per litre diesel cost? (accounting for new diesel tax hike).

Been discussing with a colleague about him buying a Sorento, and the tax hike on diesel means you'll need to drive many more km's per year for it to cover the higher road tax.

Quite disappointing as I was thinking seriously about getting a Sorento. Really amazing value for the price, but I could get over the ridiculous road tax and now the diesel tax hike. Would make my yearly running costs astronomical because I only drive 10,000km a year.

Wondering if anyone has done the math around the number of km/year you need to travel in order for the Sorento to breakeven from higher road tax and lower per litre diesel cost? (accounting for new diesel tax hike).

Been discussing with a colleague about him buying a Sorento, and the tax hike on diesel means you'll need to drive many more km's per year for it to cover the higher road tax.

Quite disappointing as I was thinking seriously about getting a Sorento. Really amazing value for the price, but I could get over the ridiculous road tax and now the diesel tax hike. Would make my yearly running costs astronomical because I only drive 10,000km a year.

I think the real cost comparison you'll need to make is, if you were to buy a similar sized SUV.. the fuel consumption for a petrol engine is easily 20-30% more. Servicing cost are marginally more as well. My take tho, is at this size, a diesel is definitely the eco friendlier choice. The talk that diesel is polluting is taken way out of context by the G. If you check NEA numbers.. our NO2 levels far exceed WHO standards hence feel no guilt bro

I think the real cost comparison you'll need to make is, if you were to buy a similar sized SUV.. the fuel consumption for a petrol engine is easily 20-30% more. Servicing cost are marginally more as well. My take tho, is at this size, a diesel is definitely the eco friendlier choice. The talk that diesel is polluting is taken way out of context by the G. If you check NEA numbers.. our NO2 levels far exceed WHO standards hence feel no guilt bro

Thanks.

For me, I've just bought a SUV, so not I'm the market anymore. But a few colleagues are jumping on the "low COE" bandwagon.

I think everyone has a different view. I've never owned a modern diesel, but my experience is that diesel cars have higher maintenance because they are higher compression ratios etc. But my understanding is diesel technology has advanced so much that its much for muchness. Obviously also depends in various factors.

I don't think running costs are everything, but they are important for many buyers. With things like the diesel tax hike, and high road tax, it simply makes it harder to choose a diesel car in SG. Ultimately because it hits the pocket harder.

Your mileage isn't worth it... diesel has always been only good for those with sky high mileage... that's why goods vehicles all use diesel, even with punitive taxes, it just makes more sense... for your case, with just 10,000 km a year, even a small turbo diesel doesn't make sense - like a Renault 1.5 turbo...

Thanks.

For me, I've just bought a SUV, so not I'm the market anymore. But a few colleagues are jumping on the "low COE" bandwagon.

I think everyone has a different view. I've never owned a modern diesel, but my experience is that diesel cars have higher maintenance because they are higher compression ratios etc. But my understanding is diesel technology has advanced so much that its much for muchness. Obviously also depends in various factors.

I don't think running costs are everything, but they are important for many buyers. With things like the diesel tax hike, and high road tax, it simply makes it harder to choose a diesel car in SG. Ultimately because it hits the pocket harder.

Depends on the diesel engine you drive - some use particulate filters to remove PM2.5 particulate pollutants and you have to ensure you drive the car long enough on a single journey to activate the mechanism to burn hotter to burn off all the particulate stuck on the filter (basically that's soot or carbon), otherwise a stuck particulate filter will cost you dearly... others use Ad-Blu, a urea-based additive (basically the same stuff as your urine), to help with the particulate issue... I see this for the newer public buses... I'm not sure which car brand uses this, but it's an added cost... although each tank lasts quite long...

So yes while the diesel engine may have more maintenance matters to take care of, if you're careful with it, it should be a good workhorse, and reliable too...

The other matter you need to contend with and accept is the diesel clatter... it gets louder as the car gets older... you usually don't hear it inside the car when it's brand new, but you'll get more of that once the car ages... but outside the car, my word, it's really loud... someone at my workplace drives a Renault Clio, and the clatter is really loud, the car is now about 3.5 years old, maybe 4 years old... my Dad's Renault Fluence also very loud now that it's 4 years old... another colleague drives a Renault Grand Scenic, same situation... not sure about Kia's diesel engine - whether it's so loud or not when older... maybe the Sorento bros can comment...

i will inform the admin to pm you.

Just got the sorento as well. Can add me inside the whatsapp group please?

Thanks!

• Praise 2

Just got the sorento as well. Can add me inside the whatsapp group please?

Thanks!

Admin will contact you. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros,

Anyone installed Camsys AVM 110 (360° camera) with the stock head unit?

How is the image quality?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1