This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

May I know....

Was the 8sp auto GB introduced together with the 4 ice cube fog light?

Or are there still 6sp units running around with the newer 4 ice cube fog light? Tq.

↡ Advertisement

On 3/29/2020 at 8:39 AM, Hamburger said:

May I know....

Was the 8sp auto GB introduced together with the 4 ice cube fog light?

Or are there still 6sp units running around with the newer 4 ice cube fog light? Tq.

The 8sp auto GB only come with the facelift and it got the smaller 4 ice cube fog light. Headlight is LED too. The 6sp GB version have the 4 ice cube fog light too but the headlight is HID.

Edited by Black6
  • Praise 2

The fourth gen Sorento has already been unveiled and will likely arrive soon. The current third gen is still pretty good. Considering the space, power, build quality and price, I think there is no other 7-seater SUV in the market that comes close.

My 2WD Sorento is coming to 1.5yrs and mileage 48k. Overall I am happy with the car. Despite weighing close to 2 tons, the diesel engine has enough power to move off swiftly and overtake easily on the highway, and at the same time also rather frugal. Easily fits 7 person, but if you are thinking of long road trips with 7 person, there will not be enough luggage room with all seats up.

Although the car is pretty wide, the 2nd row is actually not very comfortable when there are 3 person, especially the middle passenger, due to how the seats are contoured, outer seats are very wide and the centre seat is narrow. 3rd row leg room is quite good, much better than other 7-seater SUVs like Outlander/Xtrail/Kodiaq.

The 10-way powered driver seat is very comfortable and supportive, especially the extendable thigh support, and comes with 2 seat memory. Build quality, fit and finish is very close to conti, plenty of soft touch materials in the cabin which feels durable, and sound insulation is good. Ride is a bit bumpy, and you can feel every imperfections on the road.

A Few things I like:

1) Fuel economy – Getting about 12.5km/L for my 50/50 city/highway driving. 

2) 440Nm of torque - It’s a heavy car, you’ll need all the torque available.

3) Drive modes – SPORT mode makes driving a little bit more fun. ECO sips fuel.

4) Panoramic Sunroof – Kids love the view out.

5) Ventilated seats – Keeps you cool on hot days. 

6) Powerful aircon – Cools down interior fast.

7) Third row aircon vents with airflow control – Happy passengers means happy driver.

8. Bottom of the door cover the door sills completely, won’t get your pants dirty when stepping out after driving in the rain.

9) Car mat that came with the car is thick and comfy, drive barefoot recommended.

A Few Annoying things:

1) Storing the retractable boot cover - While there is a nice place to store it under the boot floor, there are 2 plastic covers you have to detach every time.

2) Footwell light - Why is it only at the driver side and not other passengers?

3) Manual Headlamp height adjustment – I was expecting at least a dial on the dash but no, you’ll have to open the bonnet and use screw driver to adjust. Though u don’t normally need to adjust this.

4) Outside Lock/unlock button only on the front doors – My previous car had it on all four doors, so it took a while to get used to.

5) No spare tyre – While not having it saves a bit of weight, I prefer to have one, especially for trips up north. Can be easily retrofitted which I did.

6) Manual gear shifter +/- in the wrong direction. Retrofitted paddle shifter helps.

7) Second row seats does not slide forward easily on the driver side for access to third row. Why?

8. LED headlights don’t project far enough, high speed driving at night on NS highway is quite dangerous.

9) With Aircon switched off, hot air will come through the vents. You’ll have to either shut the vents manually or turn on air recirculation, which you can’t do if your aircon is off in the first place.

Below are some issues I encountered, but were all rectified when firmware was updated at the dealer.

1) Trip meter auto reset.
2) Battery discharge warning when engine is on.
3) Downhill brake control turns on by itself.

Some features which I seldom use: 

1) Auto Parking – Very useful for getting in and out of tight parallel parking lots.

2) Downhill Brake Control – U need a long and steep incline to use this feature. The carpark exit ramp of Novena Square 2, Orchard Central and Clarke Quay Central, are the only places I find this “useful”.

3) Fog lamps - Can't remember the last time I turn it on. 

Below are features I wish it had: 

1) Active Safety systems like BSM, RCTA, LDA etc.
2) Those cooled and heated cupholders available in Korea.
3) Better Sound system – The stock unit sux. 

Edited by Mhajime
  • Praise 4

9 minutes ago, Mhajime said:

The fourth gen Sorento has already been unveiled and will likely arrive soon. The current third gen is still pretty good. Considering the space, power, build quality and price, I think there is no other 7-seater SUV in the market that comes close.

My 2WD Sorento is coming to 1.5yrs and mileage 48k. Overall I am happy with the car. Despite weighing close to 2 tons, the diesel engine has enough power to move off swiftly and overtake easily on the highway, and at the same time also rather frugal. Easily fits 7 person, but if you are thinking of long road trips with 7 person, there will not be enough luggage room with all seats up.

Although the car is pretty wide, the 2nd row is actually not very comfortable when there are 3 person, especially the middle passenger, due to how the seats are contoured, outer seats are very wide and the centre seat is narrow. 3rd row leg room is quite good, much better than other 7-seater SUVs like Outlander/Xtrail/Kodiaq.

The 10-way powered driver seat is very comfortable and supportive, especially the extendable thigh support, and comes with 2 seat memory. Build quality, fit and finish is very close to conti, plenty of soft touch materials in the cabin which feels durable, and sound insulation is good. Ride is a bit bumpy, and you can feel every imperfections on the road.

A Few things I like:

1) Fuel economy – Getting about 12.5km/L for my 50/50 city/highway driving. 

2) 440Nm of torque - It’s a heavy car, you’ll need all the torque available.

3) Drive modes – SPORT mode makes driving a little bit more fun. ECO sips fuel.

4) Panoramic Sunroof – Kids love the view out.

5) Ventilated seats – Keeps you cool on hot days. 

6) Powerful aircon – Cools down interior fast.

7) Third row aircon vents with airflow control – Happy passengers means happy driver.

8. Bottom of the door cover the door sills completely, won’t get your pants dirty when stepping out after driving in the rain.

9) Car mat that came with the car is thick and comfy, drive barefoot recommended.

A Few Annoying things:

1) Storing the retractable boot cover - While there is a nice place to store it under the boot floor, there are 2 plastic covers you have to detach every time.

2) Footwell light - Why is it only at the driver side and not other passengers?

3) Manual Headlamp height adjustment – I was expecting at least a dial on the dash but no, you’ll have to open the bonnet and use screw driver to adjust. Though u don’t normally need to adjust this.

4) Outside Lock/unlock button only on the front doors – My previous car had it on all four doors, so it took a while to get used to.

5) No spare tyre – While not having it saves a bit of weight, I prefer to have one, especially for trips up north. Can be easily retrofitted which I did.

6) Manual gear shifter +/- in the wrong direction. Retrofitted paddle shifter helps.

7) Second row seats does not slide forward easily on the driver side for access to third row. Why?

8. LED headlights don’t project far enough, high speed driving at night on NS highway is quite dangerous.

9) With Aircon switched off, hot air will come through the vents. You’ll have to either shut the vents manually or turn on air recirculation, which you can’t do if your aircon is off in the first place.

Below are some issues I encountered, but were all rectified when firmware was updated at the dealer.

1) Trip meter auto reset.
2) Battery discharge warning when engine is on.
3) Downhill brake control turns on by itself.

Some features which I seldom use: 

1) Auto Parking – Very useful for getting in and out of tight parallel parking lots.

2) Downhill Brake Control – U need a long and steep incline to use this feature. The carpark exit ramp of Novena Square 2, Orchard Central and Clarke Quay Central, are the only places I find this “useful”.

3) Fog lamps - Can't remember the last time I turn it on. 

Below are features I wish it had: 

1) Active Safety systems like BSM, RCTA, LDA etc.
2) Those cooled and heated cupholders available in Korea.
3) Better Sound system – The stock unit sux. 

I almost bought the sorento but waiting time too long so i end up didn’t buy

hopefully the new sorento will be much better than current gen and make it an even more perfect car

The diesel tax is pretty punitive lor... not so worth it now if you don't drive a lot each month... must clock at least 2000 km to make it worth while now... I barely clock 1300 km a month...

• Praise 2

Has anyone change change to aftermarket brake pads to improve braking? What are the options available? Not looking at BBK for now

hi, can someone pls add me to the WhatsApp group. 

I just completed my 3 yr servicing package with C&C, and am wondering if I should continue or there are good options outside. Pls advise!

Hello, prospective Kia Sorentor buyer.

My name is Al. I am writing this message to you to help inform your decision on buying a Kia Sorento. The information that follows is based on fact. I have done my best to provide you with factual information, dates and details about issues I have experienced. My intention is to help you make an informed decision about your next car purchase. My motivation is simply to help inform you and help you avoid experiencing the problems that I have faced over the past 5+ years.

The following is intended to provide you with an objective review of the issues I have faced with my vehicle. I have experienced other minor issues with the vehicle that I have not reported below.

My driving habits are mainly to and from work for a total of 70kms per day. I have never abused the vehicle, nor have I had any accidents with other vehicles. I have always performed the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance on the vehicle.

I am backing-up this information with my personal email address should you wish to ask questions or wonder if what I am describing below to be legitimate! [email protected]

In June 2014, I was in the market for a new vehicle. I went to various dealerships and test drove various makes and models such as the Toyota RAV 4, the Toyota Tacoma, Subaru Forester, and  Nissan Rogue. At the time, my requirements were a vehicle that had a V6 engine that could tow over 1,500 lbs. After various test drives, I decided on purchasing the 2015 edition of the Kia Sorento which, at the time, had excellent reviews. I purchased the vehicle from Kia Hunt Club in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The vehicle (VIN: 5XYKTDA70FG5992930) is equipped with a V6 engine with nearly 300 horsepower and AWD. I purchased the extended warranty for this vehicle for the main reason that it offered a good price for value. I was very impressed in this warranty as it covered the costs for bearings which is not typically covered by other warranty programs. Never would I have thought that the manufacturer nor the extended warranty would need to cover the items that I discuss below. 

Before diving into the issues with the vehicle, I want to emphasize that the service I received from both Kia Hunt Club (Dilawri) and Promenade Kia in Gatineau was exceptional. This report is not a reflection of the efforts that their service departments made to correct the problems. William at Hunt Club and Jonathan and Marc and others at Promenade Kia went above and beyond to help resolve my multiple problems. I am thankful to them.

Up to 63,000kms, I had my vehicle serviced by Hunt Club Kia in Ottawa - where I purchased the vehicle. This dealership is approximately 60kms from my home. Given the multiple times I had to travel to this dealership to resolve issues, I decided to take my vehicle to a more convenient location - Kia Gatineau which is about 30kms from my home. Again, I have had no major concerns about the service I received from either of these dealerships. 

12,000kms:

I reported an issue with the speakers. The garage replaced the rear passenger speaker.

18,000kms:

After 18,000 kms of driving, I encountered two issues. The first was, again, a defective speaker that was replaced. The second issue was a hesitation issue that I experienced when driving between 60 and 75kms per hour. The only way I could explain the problem was that it felt like the transmission would not change from 5th to 6th gear in a smooth fashion. There would be a hesitation feeling before the transmission would shift. The mechanic reported that the vehicle was functioning normally and that unless the “check engine” indicator illuminated, there is not much they can do to correct the issue. This issue would persist for years! As a potential remedy, I was advised to discontinue using the “Eco” function of the vehicle - I discontinued using this function since this time.

24,000kms:

I returned to the garage at 24,000 kms. I again was experiencing problems with speakers. A different speaker was installed to determine if the issue was related to speakers or something else malfunctioning. 

I also explained that I continued to experience issues with shifting between 5th and 6th gear. Again, the mechanic deemed the shifting was functioning normal. 

The third issue that I reported at this time was a “jerking” or “hopping” motion as I would turn corners. At that time, the dealership could not replicate the problem. The problem would persist and only after 31,000kms would the dealership acknowledge and fix the problem.

31,000kms:

The “jerking” problem was attributed to a faulty AWD coupler. I was told that the vehicle’s coupler would need to be replaced which seemed to now be a known issue by Kia. The coupler was replaced and I never experienced the problem since. 

I again raised the issue of the problems with speakers. The right, rear speaker was replaced.

I was without my vehicle for 2 days.

34,000kms:

Again reported the shifting/hesitation issues I was experiencing between 5th and 6th gear. Mechanics did not find any issues and was told again that the “check engine” was not illuminating so not much they could do to resolve the problem. I was again told to stop using the “Eco” function of the vehicle (which I had not used since first reporting the problem)

I again complained about speaker issues - that is, crackling noise being emitted from the speakers. The dealership deemed the radio to be defective and ordered a replacement radio and both rear speakers. 

61,000kms:

The engine light finally illuminated! I thought this was positive as maybe they could finally fix the hesitation problem I was experiencing. The garage ordered coils for cylinders 5 and 6. I was told that I could continue using the vehicle until the coils were received by the garage.

62,330kms:

I traveled that weekend out of town and encountered major engine issues. I brought the vehicle to the nearest Kia dealership. They diagnosed a different misfire issue than the previous garage. This garage found misfires in cylinder 2 and 5. I was told that I could drive back to my home even with the misfire issue. The garage recommended a “major induction service to remove carbon from cylinders and intake.” and “Suspect that there may be an issue with injectors as misfire is worse whenvehicle is cold.”

63,000kms:

Garage replaced faulty 5 and 6 ignition coil. The garage also suggested that I perform a fuel induction service, which I did.

After this point, I changed garages - not because of the service, but because of the distance this garage was from my home. 

64,852kms:

I again was faced with a “check engine” light illuminated on my dashboard. I brought the vehicle to Kia Gatineau and provided them with all of my previous documentation that described the work conducted on the vehicle. The garage determined that I needed to have all 6 injectors machined. They found an “unbelievable” build-up of carbon that they stated was causing the misfiring of the cylinders. I was out of a vehicle for one week.

I also had a malfunction with the heater resistor that was replaced.

When I picked up my vehicle, the mechanic suggested that I “be more aggressive in how I drive the vehicle” to avoid future carbon build-up issues. I thought this was odd! I admit, i am not an aggressive driver, but why would I need to become one to avoid engine problems!?

74,000kms:

I again reported the hesitation issue I have been experiencing since the last work related to the transmission switching between 5th and 6th gear. Again told that no issues could be diagnosed as the “check engine” light was not illuminated.

81,000kms:

I again reported the hesitation issue I have been experiencing since the last work related to the transmission switching between 5th and 6th gear. All 6 injectors were replaced. Seemed to correct this long-standing problem.

92,000kms:

I again reported the hesitation issue I have been experiencing since the last work related to the transmission switching between 5th and 6th gear. 

Alternator quit. Had to be towed and a new alternator was installed.

97,761kms:

I again reported the hesitation issue I have been experiencing since the last work related to the transmission switching between 5th and 6th gear. Again told that no issues could be diagnosed as the “check engine” light was not illuminated.

Front left bearing changed.

98,116kms:

Air conditioning no longer works. Fixed.

115,000kms:

Reported a “squeak” when turning the steering wheel. Steering shaft was replaced under extended warranty.

126,000kms:

Both rear bearings replaced under extended warranty.

130,000kms:

Both front bearings replaced under extended warranty.

136,000kms:

Defective clock spring in steering wheel replaced under extended warranty.

142,000kms:

Driving on the highway, “check engine” light started flashing. Had the vehicle towed to the garage. Required new head gasket and related work. Covered under extended warranty. Out of a vehicle for 5 days.

149,000kms:

After requesting a general inspection, the garage determined that I required a new transmission following an inspection of the front wheel driveshaft. This work was covered under the extended warranty. I was, however, without a vehicle for nearly 5 weeks (the time during which the garage could diagnose the problem, obtain approval from the warranty program and to receive the required parts).  

150,500kms:

I don’t have any issues at this time. The hesitation between 5th and 6th gear is still apparent, but tolerable. 

I am sad to say that I have no confidence in this vehicle. I am on “pins and needles” waiting for the next issue to present itself. This vehicle is a laughing stock among me, my friends and family. I feel duped by my purchase. 

Important Considerations When Purchasing Your New Vehicle:

Don’t buy a Sorento.

Negotiate the costs of an extended Warranty.

Read and understand the fine print of any contractual agreement.

Get to know your service representative and make sure they understand your vehicle’s history.

Learn about the dealership’s service standards before you buy. For example, do they offer a courtesy vehicle when yours is in the garage! I went weeks without an alternate vehicle when my Sorento was being repaired. 

I hope you, as an informed consumer, can avoid the problems I have experienced. Good luck. AL

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, 

I just bought a used Sorento GTline. Would like to be added to the WhatsApp group. Can the administrator PM me. 

Appreciate it. Thanks. 

Neutral Newbie
On 10/17/2020 at 11:54 AM, beezelbub1 said:

Hello, prospective Kia Sorentor buyer.

My name is Al. I am writing this message to you to help inform your decision on buying a Kia Sorento. The information that follows is based on fact. I have done my best to provide you with factual information, dates and details about issues I have experienced. My intention is to help you make an informed decision about your next car purchase. My motivation is simply to help inform you and help you avoid experiencing the problems that I have faced over the past 5+ years.

The following is intended to provide you with an objective review of the issues I have faced with my vehicle. I have experienced other minor issues with the vehicle that I have not reported below.

My driving habits are mainly to and from work for a total of 70kms per day. I have never abused the vehicle, nor have I had any accidents with other vehicles. I have always performed the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance on the vehicle.

I am backing-up this information with my personal email address should you wish to ask questions or wonder if what I am describing below to be legitimate! [email protected]

In June 2014, I was in the market for a new vehicle. I went to various dealerships and test drove various makes and models such as the Toyota RAV 4, the Toyota Tacoma, Subaru Forester, and  Nissan Rogue. At the time, my requirements were a vehicle that had a V6 engine that could tow over 1,500 lbs. After various test drives, I decided on purchasing the 2015 edition of the Kia Sorento which, at the time, had excellent reviews. I purchased the vehicle from Kia Hunt Club in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The vehicle (VIN: 5XYKTDA70FG5992930) is equipped with a V6 engine with nearly 300 horsepower and AWD. I purchased the extended warranty for this vehicle for the main reason that it offered a good price for value. I was very impressed in this warranty as it covered the costs for bearings which is not typically covered by other warranty programs. Never would I have thought that the manufacturer nor the extended warranty would need to cover the items that I discuss below. 

Before diving into the issues with the vehicle, I want to emphasize that the service I received from both Kia Hunt Club (Dilawri) and Promenade Kia in Gatineau was exceptional. This report is not a reflection of the efforts that their service departments made to correct the problems. William at Hunt Club and Jonathan and Marc and others at Promenade Kia went above and beyond to help resolve my multiple problems. I am thankful to them.

Up to 63,000kms, I had my vehicle serviced by Hunt Club Kia in Ottawa - where I purchased the vehicle. This dealership is approximately 60kms from my home. Given the multiple times I had to travel to this dealership to resolve issues, I decided to take my vehicle to a more convenient location - Kia Gatineau which is about 30kms from my home. Again, I have had no major concerns about the service I received from either of these dealerships. 

12,000kms:

I reported an issue with the speakers. The garage replaced the rear passenger speaker.

18,000kms:

After 18,000 kms of driving, I encountered two issues. The first was, again, a defective speaker that was replaced. The second issue was a hesitation issue that I experienced when driving between 60 and 75kms per hour. The only way I could explain the problem was that it felt like the transmission would not change from 5th to 6th gear in a smooth fashion. There would be a hesitation feeling before the transmission would shift. The mechanic reported that the vehicle was functioning normally and that unless the “check engine” indicator illuminated, there is not much they can do to correct the issue. This issue would persist for years! As a potential remedy, I was advised to discontinue using the “Eco” function of the vehicle - I discontinued using this function since this time.

24,000kms:

I returned to the garage at 24,000 kms. I again was experiencing problems with speakers. A different speaker was installed to determine if the issue was related to speakers or something else malfunctioning. 

I also explained that I continued to experience issues with shifting between 5th and 6th gear. Again, the mechanic deemed the shifting was functioning normal. 

The third issue that I reported at this time was a “jerking” or “hopping” motion as I would turn corners. At that time, the dealership could not replicate the problem. The problem would persist and only after 31,000kms would the dealership acknowledge and fix the problem.

31,000kms:

The “jerking” problem was attributed to a faulty AWD coupler. I was told that the vehicle’s coupler would need to be replaced which seemed to now be a known issue by Kia. The coupler was replaced and I never experienced the problem since. 

I again raised the issue of the problems with speakers. The right, rear speaker was replaced.

I was without my vehicle for 2 days.

34,000kms:

Again reported the shifting/hesitation issues I was experiencing between 5th and 6th gear. Mechanics did not find any issues and was told again that the “check engine” was not illuminating so not much they could do to resolve the problem. I was again told to stop using the “Eco” function of the vehicle (which I had not used since first reporting the problem)

I again complained about speaker issues - that is, crackling noise being emitted from the speakers. The dealership deemed the radio to be defective and ordered a replacement radio and both rear speakers. 

61,000kms:

The engine light finally illuminated! I thought this was positive as maybe they could finally fix the hesitation problem I was experiencing. The garage ordered coils for cylinders 5 and 6. I was told that I could continue using the vehicle until the coils were received by the garage.

62,330kms:

I traveled that weekend out of town and encountered major engine issues. I brought the vehicle to the nearest Kia dealership. They diagnosed a different misfire issue than the previous garage. This garage found misfires in cylinder 2 and 5. I was told that I could drive back to my home even with the misfire issue. The garage recommended a “major induction service to remove carbon from cylinders and intake.” and “Suspect that there may be an issue with injectors as misfire is worse whenvehicle is cold.”

63,000kms:

Garage replaced faulty 5 and 6 ignition coil. The garage also suggested that I perform a fuel induction service, which I did.

After this point, I changed garages - not because of the service, but because of the distance this garage was from my home. 

64,852kms:

I again was faced with a “check engine” light illuminated on my dashboard. I brought the vehicle to Kia Gatineau and provided them with all of my previous documentation that described the work conducted on the vehicle. The garage determined that I needed to have all 6 injectors machined. They found an “unbelievable” build-up of carbon that they stated was causing the misfiring of the cylinders. I was out of a vehicle for one week.

I also had a malfunction with the heater resistor that was replaced.

When I picked up my vehicle, the mechanic suggested that I “be more aggressive in how I drive the vehicle” to avoid future carbon build-up issues. I thought this was odd! I admit, i am not an aggressive driver, but why would I need to become one to avoid engine problems!?

74,000kms:

81,000kms:

I again reported the hesitation issue I have been experiencing since the last work related to the transmission switching between 5th and 6th gear. All 6 injectors were replaced. Seemed to correct this long-standing problem.

92,000kms:

I again reported the hesitation issue I have been experiencing since the last work related to the transmission switching between 5th and 6th gear. 

Alternator quit. Had to be towed and a new alternator was installed.

97,761kms:

Front left bearing changed.

98,116kms:

Air conditioning no longer works. Fixed.

115,000kms:

Reported a “squeak” when turning the steering wheel. Steering shaft was replaced under extended warranty.

126,000kms:

Both rear bearings replaced under extended warranty.

130,000kms:

Both front bearings replaced under extended warranty.

136,000kms:

Defective clock spring in steering wheel replaced under extended warranty.

142,000kms:

Driving on the highway, “check engine” light started flashing. Had the vehicle towed to the garage. Required new head gasket and related work. Covered under extended warranty. Out of a vehicle for 5 days.

149,000kms:

After requesting a general inspection, the garage determined that I required a new transmission following an inspection of the front wheel driveshaft. This work was covered under the extended warranty. I was, however, without a vehicle for nearly 5 weeks (the time during which the garage could diagnose the problem, obtain approval from the warranty program and to receive the required parts).  

150,500kms:

I don’t have any issues at this time. The hesitation between 5th and 6th gear is still apparent, but tolerable. 

I am sad to say that I have no confidence in this vehicle. I am on “pins and needles” waiting for the next issue to present itself. This vehicle is a laughing stock among me, my friends and family. I feel duped by my purchase. 

Important Considerations When Purchasing Your New Vehicle:

Don’t buy a Sorento.

Negotiate the costs of an extended Warranty.

Read and understand the fine print of any contractual agreement.

Get to know your service representative and make sure they understand your vehicle’s history.

Learn about the dealership’s service standards before you buy. For example, do they offer a courtesy vehicle when yours is in the garage! I went weeks without an alternate vehicle when my Sorento was being repaired. 

I hope you, as an informed consumer, can avoid the problems I have experienced. Good luck. AL

Well, all brands will have some horror stories like this. 

Neutral Newbie

Just took over a 2015 sorento - diesel. Is it norm that the car rolls backwards a little when moving off from stationary on a slight incline ? it rolls back quite significantly when in eco mode - less so in sports mode but still does! previously drove a toyota sienta - no rolling back issue unless slope was quite steep. pretty terrifying when it rolls back - so im wondering if i did not set the hill assist mode - shouldn't that be automatically on? 

would also like to join the whatsapp group pls! 

Edited by jlytze
add in

23 hours ago, jlytze said:

how do i activate the auto stop function? sorry newbie driver here as well... tried googling but dont see much info

Hi, Auto Hold should be right behind the electronic parking brake. It will name as AUTOHOLD.

if the slope not steep it will still roll a bit because of the car weight. if the slop is steeper then it will hold for you nicely.

Edited by Black6
add more information