This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Neutral Newbie

Hi Black6, 

I have got myself a '17 Sorento GT CRDI recently... Can i check on how to get included in the group chat? Thanks. 

31 minutes ago, Jak99 said:

Hi Black6, 

I have got myself a '17 Sorento GT CRDI recently... Can i check on how to get included in the group chat? Thanks. 

Ok i get the admin to contact you via PM.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:46 PM, teomingern said:

Safe for the driver of the large SUV but not so safe for drivers of much smaller cars...

Higher heavier vehicles do always do better. That's always an advantage for SUVs.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, I have a 2017 Sorento. Just sharing some experiences :

1) I didnt drive for  3 weeks straight in 2019 and 2020. Both times, my battery died. Probably due to the dashcam. Replacement was roughly 450 each time. No warranty.

2) 2019 - My passenger side TPMS sensor died, the autohold doesnt work. Screen keeps showing some error. But the car drove well. Mechanic checked and deduced that the sensor is error and told me to make a claim at C&C. I did that and luckily they gave warranty.

3) 2021- My aircon gas leaked, usual "evaporator coil leak" issue. 850 labour and parts. No warranty. C&C didn't even call me back. Lady who answered the call, was like  "wtf, you call for?" type of atitude. She said she dont know and will get someone to call me back. No call was made to me, after a day of waiting, decided to get it fixed outside. Cant drive without aircon la....

4) Now my headunit (the original one from C&C Motrex i think) is dead. It wont power on. Infact, my adriod auto stopped working 2 years back. not sure if it was the headunit or my mobile phone fault...likely have to replace head unit already....

I service my car outside C&C, at a garage near my office.

I guess most owners know that it's almost impossible to WOT from standstill as the wheel spin gonna be crazy. Needed to moderate the throttle to launch it properly. 

What about the GT spec with 4WD, does it eliminate the wheel spin issue?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 10:17 AM, ESPEK said:

1) I didnt drive for  3 weeks straight in 2019 and 2020. Both times, my battery died. Probably due to the dashcam. Replacement was roughly 450 each time. No warranty.

2) 2019 - My passenger side TPMS sensor died, the autohold doesnt work. Screen keeps showing some error. But the car drove well. Mechanic checked and deduced that the sensor is error and told me to make a claim at C&C. I did that and luckily they gave warranty.

3) 2021- My aircon gas leaked, usual "evaporator coil leak" issue. 850 labour and parts. No warranty. C&C didn't even call me back. Lady who answered the call, was like  "wtf, you call for?" type of atitude. She said she dont know and will get someone to call me back. No call was made to me, after a day of waiting, decided to get it fixed outside. Cant drive without aircon la....

4) Now my headunit (the original one from C&C Motrex i think) is dead. It wont power on. Infact, my adriod auto stopped working 2 years back. not sure if it was the headunit or my mobile phone fault...likely have to replace head unit already....

If the car is not driven for a prolonged period of time, it is recommended to turn off the switches in the fuse box which is easily accessible. There are twice my car cannot start. One time the battery is dead, the other time it is just weak. Just jump-start the car and drive to a workshop to check and replace it if required. A jump-starter is not expensive and will come in handy. Don't go back to C&C as they overcharge. Bros in Sorento owner group get our battery replacement at 200+ for Rocket or Atlas brands.

Since your car is still within 5 years, aircon or head unit problem should be under warranty. That's what I get from the Sorento owners' group.

Do you want to join the whatsapp group? You can get help from fellow owners.

Edited by Pumpump

On 6/14/2021 at 10:17 AM, ESPEK said:

Didn't drive for 3 weeks shouldn't kill the battery... if it was due to parking mode of the dash camera then confirm cannot claim warranty mah...

Aircon should still be under the 5 year warranty plan, no? Seems like aircon leak quite common with Kia... my dad's old Magentis in the past also had aircon leaking problem...

The third party head unit is likely to be covered for one year only... that's the standard warranty... but no harm going back to C&C... just ask lor...

Neutral Newbie

@teomingern yep it was the parking mode...till today, i still havent put in a  spare bat for the dashcam yet. thinking of investing on a jumpstarter...but then again, we dont use the jumpstarter often so seems useless to get one. but it sure seems cheaper then the spare bat for the dashcam.

Aircon? C&C dont even want to return my call. It was during the heightened alert period (so its quite recent). I think that says it all lor....they wont give warranty. Yes, many years ago, i drove a sephia which also has aircon issues but it was compressor then. Died within a year and warranty does not cover. Toyota still has the best aircon i think.

I dont even know if HU is part of warranty or not....i would think not....didnt ask...

Neutral Newbie

@Pumpump yep, i dont go C&C for service anymore..every time they open their mouth, its like asking you to sign package and every servicing is like a few hundred at least..i go to my mechanic and i get charged about 200 per service the last 3 times.....its still expensive but hey, the service is good.

No, aircon and HU is not part of warranty i dont think...anyway, yes if you can add me to the WA group will be great

Neutral Newbie

@ESPEK 

You can look for admin's number in this thread or you can PM me your mobile number and I will ask in the group. I think whatsapp group is full so you may be added to the Telegram group instead.

5 hours ago, ESPEK said:

@Pumpump yep, i dont go C&C for service anymore..every time they open their mouth, its like asking you to sign package and every servicing is like a few hundred at least..i go to my mechanic and i get charged about 200 per service the last 3 times.....its still expensive but hey, the service is good.

No, aircon and HU is not part of warranty i dont think...anyway, yes if you can add me to the WA group will be great

Woah? Each servicing is $200? What does your mechanic do that costs so much?