This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

I thought the current model is already a 7 seater. So they should be bring in the new 7 seater.

The 5 seater will be cover by Sportage...

That's great. Hopefully there would be more space for the third row. Any idea when it will be available here?

↡ Advertisement

I just found out from my SE about the pricing (which is available on MCF)

$178K and $184K for the 2 petrol variants. No diesel but can indent if requested.

There is a $14K overtrade so therefore effectively the price is $164K and $170K.

Wow! I told my SE that they were quite high considering "similiar" type Jap cars e.g. Outlander and XTrail and their prices.

He kept saying that Sorento is far superior and I should have a look at the cars etc etc.

Although, I do agree that the Sorento is far more feature packed and looks very nice. I am not sure if I'd go $$$ far.

I think I'll wait and see what happens to the COE over the next few months.

• Praise 1

$178K and $184K for the 2 petrol variants. No diesel but can indent if requested.

There is a $14K overtrade so therefore effectively the price is $164K and $170K.

Wow! I told my SE that they were quite high considering "similiar" type Jap cars e.g. Outlander and XTrail and their prices.

He kept saying that Sorento is far superior and I should have a look at the cars etc etc.

Although, I do agree that the Sorento is far more feature packed and looks very nice. I am not sure if I'd go $$$ far.

Cat B coe wouldnt change much imo. At 170k maybe hard to sell Edited by hondafanodyseey

The new Sorrento FC quoted at sgcarmart is horrible. Only 10.5km/L. Thought the FC will improve over the old model. Guess diesel is the way to go.

This car is so big and heavy, if no turbo diesel. A petrol Turbo engine will also work.

The 2.4L GDI engine will be too under power.

As an owner and user of Sorento 2.4 SX for the past 5 years, done 100K km in Singapore and Malaysia with it alone, all I can say is that this SUV is a very reliable, good handling and is not under power.

I've asked the SE at the show and they told me there is no market for the diesel cars here. But I really don't agree as some of my colleagues and friends have already bought diesel cars.

After riding in their cars, the only difference is when they start the engine, the diesel chatter is there. But when in the car, the sound isn't that audible. They too have been "boasting" about the fuel economy of their cars and therefore I'm also interested in them. Guess now the only car manufacturers whom bring in the cars are usually the continentals..

I think i'm going to wait for a couple of years before the local car dealership starts bringing in more diesel models. I'm only looking a 7 seaters Suvs, I think diesels will be better in terms of torque.

• Praise 2

As an owner and user of Sorento 2.4 SX for the past 5 years, done 100K km in Singapore and Malaysia with it alone, all I can say is that this SUV is a very reliable, good handling and is not under power.

Yeah i agree. My petrol version is not underpowered. Maybe pick up at first abit sluggish but its a heavy suv.overall its a good car

That is more expensive than Hyundai Sante Fe, with very similar specs & features.

• Praise 1

Wow.....price is scary.

any idea how much is the diesel version?

Wow.....price is scary.

any idea how much is the diesel version?

My guess is, more expensive.

When the older version of the Sorento was still available, it came in petrol and diesel variants and the diesel was always $10k more than the petrol.

Add to that what one of the earlier posts mentioned, that diesel for the 2015 model is only available via indent, would likely be even more.

Edited by efssc

I think i'm going to wait for a couple of years before the local car dealership starts bringing in more diesel models. I'm only looking a 7 seaters Suvs, I think diesels will be better in terms of torque.

Diesel definitely better for low end / mid range torque but what turns most people off is the up front payment of diesel tax. Somewhere in the region of SGD2.2K+? I guess even though it likely to be less pollutive than some petrol variants.

If I can afford it, I would like the diesel version too, that's also if I plan to keep it for the longer term (prob 5 - 7 yrs), but who's to say that 5 years later that the diesel engine still performs as well as it does now, especially in our hot & humid climate? IMO, it could be similar to those new cars which have the auto start/stop engine cut off - who knows if these engines would still function normally in 5 years time, given our weather?

Diesel definitely better for low end / mid range torque but what turns most people off is the up front payment of diesel tax. Somewhere in the region of SGD2.2K+? I guess even though it likely to be less pollutive than some petrol variants.

If I can afford it, I would like the diesel version too, that's also if I plan to keep it for the longer term (prob 5 - 7 yrs), but who's to say that 5 years later that the diesel engine still performs as well as it does now, especially in our hot & humid climate? IMO, it could be similar to those new cars which have the auto start/stop engine cut off - who knows if these engines would still function normally in 5 years time, given our weather?

Actually when I was asking my colleagues whom owns diesels cars and mentioned about reliability, they asked me to look around at the diesel trucks, lorries or vans. Even the Sonata or the old crown taxis that are prowling the roads are using diesel engines.

The only difference between the cars and the lorry diesels are the CC. For me (my own thoughts), there are lesser potential failure points are compared to a normal petrol engine is the lack of spark plugs. Spark Plugs one of the main causes of engine failure (faulty plus, misfire, etc).

I'm not an engineer, I may be wrong at this.

Actually when I was asking my colleagues whom owns diesels cars and mentioned about reliability, they asked me to look around at the diesel trucks, lorries or vans. Even the Sonata or the old crown taxis that are prowling the roads are using diesel engines.

The only difference between the cars and the lorry diesels are the CC. For me (my own thoughts), there are lesser potential failure points are compared to a normal petrol engine is the lack of spark plugs. Spark Plugs one of the main causes of engine failure (faulty plus, misfire, etc).

SP is seldom the cause. The coil pack is, especially for TC car. Those questioned the reliability of diesel car knows nut about diesel engine.

Hopefully my next ride is turbo diesel if the right make and model comes along.

I agree to this view. My dad previously drove a diesel taxi from start till scrap and he did 999,999k km until the whole trip meter need to reset to 0. Of course i'm no expert in this area but this suggest to me, diesel car wont breakdown so easily. Unless you suay, kenna a lemon car.

↡ Advertisement