This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Drop by Fulco last saturday to look see look see as I was in Kaki Bukit.

The new sorento is huge, but 3rd row is damn difficult to get in and low to be able to sit comfortable

same like previous model, right side 2nd row cannot flip to let in passengers , dunno why they make it like that

Doors are solid, the tuk sounds when closing sounds continental :)

Dash board......wise..... dun really looks nice, maybe it was fitted with a 4 or 5 inches display

SE says can change to 7 inches local set, but think need to add $$$

Engine, same old Theta but SE say version dunno what , improved version

All nice features like paranomic sunroof only availalbe for SX model which cost more at 169,999

EX less 10K at 159,999

I find that the previous model sorento looks better leh

Went to see today. Boot space larger. 2nd row more spacious but 3rd row seems same.electric tailgate is a plus.but all these doesnt warrant the price of 169999.

↡ Advertisement

yeah the 2nd row can move forward and backwards so can adjust the space for the 3rd row. I find this feature very useful.

Kia is also marketing the new sorento as an MPV within as SUV. However the price is too expensive... around $150k plus for the SX version willl be good.

Edited by Mdfaz
  • Praise 1

The new Honda Odyssey is just a few $k more. Considering Honda's brand, prestige, resale value, engine smoothness, 3rd row space, auto sliding door.....this Kia is definitely expensive. I read the Sorento's spec for fuel consumption was 9.5km/L but now they changed to 10.5km/L. This one is a guzzler! If priced below $150K, maybe more people will consider buying. The look is nice though.

Edited by Superhino

The new Honda Odyssey is just a few $k more. Considering Honda's brand, prestige, resale value, engine smoothness, 3rd row space, auto sliding door.....this Kia is definitely expensive. I read the Sorento's spec for fuel consumption was 9.5km/L but now they changed to 10.5km/L. This one is a guzzler! If priced below $150K, maybe more people will consider buying. The look is nice though.

Ody is 180+k

Sorento is 170k

I quite agree with Superhino. I was waiting patiently for the new Sorento to arrive but was put off by my SE then when he told me that it was going to be priced in the 170K region!

I have looked at the competitors like X-Trail ($150K) / Outlander ($135K) and cannot fathom how C&C can price it in the $170K region! If the SX specs was coming in the $160K and EX in the $150K region ... I may have considered but now it seems the wifey may win and get her wish for us to get the Ody. SIGH!

Check the Sorento out last week. Drive was quite refined surprisingly. Steering is quite light though. But for the price of 170K, it's quite pricey...

I quite agree with Superhino. I was waiting patiently for the new Sorento to arrive but was put off by my SE then when he told me that it was going to be priced in the 170K region!

I have looked at the competitors like X-Trail ($150K) / Outlander ($135K) and cannot fathom how C&C can price it in the $170K region! If the SX specs was coming in the $160K and EX in the $150K region ... I may have considered but now it seems the wifey may win and get her wish for us to get the Ody. SIGH!

Ok with the kind of refinement, size and power o/p, the CRV would be a much better competitor against the Sorento

The facelifted CRV 2.4 is really loaded to the brim too. The only think the CRV doesn't have is the auto park feature... which IMHO, is purely a party crowd pleaser than real help. I mean, if u can't // park, you shouldn't be driving in the first place.... Sorento size is not to be blamed.

CRV comes with LED headlights in addition to LED DRL. The facelifted CRV looks quite nicely actually. Honda has fixed up those severe cost cutting areas that they were boo-ed on in the pre FL version. The FL version looks more like what a Honda should be.

CRV is a 5 seater though, but you buy SUV not for 7 seats ya. You need a MPV if u need 7 seats.

Ok with the kind of refinement, size and power o/p, the CRV would be a much better competitor against the Sorento

The facelifted CRV 2.4 is really loaded to the brim too. The only think the CRV doesn't have is the auto park feature... which IMHO, is purely a party crowd pleaser than real help. I mean, if u can't // park, you shouldn't be driving in the first place.... Sorento size is not to be blamed.

CRV comes with LED headlights in addition to LED DRL. The facelifted CRV looks quite nicely actually. Honda has fixed up those severe cost cutting areas that they were boo-ed on in the pre FL version. The FL version looks more like what a Honda should be.

CRV is a 5 seater though, but you buy SUV not for 7 seats ya. You need a MPV if u need 7 seats.

KIA direct comparison to Honda CRV should be Sportage as both cars have similar wheelbase dimensions.

Wah! I just saw the price for the Sorento and was happy for that instant until I read the fine print!

To qualify for their CNY bonus must satisfy sooooo many criteria!

SIGH ...

Can't really fault much on C&C on their pricing...

Sorento 2.4SX

OMV is around 32K (from LTA)

ARF = (100%x 20000)+(140%x12000) = 36800 (new tier rate since Mar 2013)

Excise duty = 20% X 32000 = 6400

CatB COE = 66751 (2nd Feb bidding)

So what we pay for the omv and the government = 141,951

C&C prices it @ 160000

What C&C make from us is 18049 ( profit margin 11.2%)

CEV rebate is neutral (from Kia SE)

X trail 2.0

OMV is around 23K (from LTA)

ARF = (100% x 20000)+(140%x3000) = 24200

Excise duty = 20% x 23000 = 4600

So what we pay for the omv and the government = 118551

TC prices it @ 140800

What TC makes from us is 22249 ( profit margin 15.8%)

At profit margin of 11.2%, i think sorento pricing is reasonable.

Don't forget, they still have to give us 5year unlimited mileage + 10 year engine warranty,

So there's no way sorento will be priced similar to x trial due to the omv difference. Unless C&C want to make a loss selling this model.

Most premium brand would have at least 30-40% profit margin,

For your 160K sorento, ~110K (68.8%) goes to government once u sign on the dotted line ...

• Praise 3

Sorento 2.4SX

C&C prices it @ 160000

X trail 2.0

TC prices it @ 140800

Don't forget, they still have to give us 5year unlimited mileage + 10 year engine warranty,

So there's no way sorento will be priced similar to x trial due to the omv difference. Unless C&C want to make a loss selling this model.

For your 160K sorento, ~110K (68.8%) goes to government once u sign on the dotted line ...

Thanks for sharing, for those who like to know more about value for money, please refer to the website from Onemotoring.com.sg.

Click the following link for detailed breakdown of car costs:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Bro ...

Thanx for the breakdown! I understand fully the costs involved ... WOW!

Sorento 2.4SX

C&C prices it @ 160000

X trail 2.0

TC prices it @ 140800

↡ Advertisement