Perodua AXIA at RM24,900?

LoverofCar

The Axia(A) has been slapped with a 20k surcharge come this July. Probably will not see this model(automatic) any more by then. Not sure about the manual version though.

Compared to the Attrage(3 potter), are Daihatsu/Toyota engine less environmentally friendly?

The Axia(A) has been slapped with a 20k surcharge come this July. Probably will not see this model(automatic) any more by then. Not sure about the manual version though.

Compared to the Attrage(3 potter), are Daihatsu/Toyota engine less environmentally friendly?

Specific engine models I guess. Not all Toyota cars are subjected to VES surcharge.

Specific engine models I guess. Not all Toyota cars are subjected to VES surcharge.

I'm more incline to believe that tweaking of the ECU plays a part..

Turbocharged

Toyota Wigo - Phillippines

Toyota Agya - Indonesia

If only Borneo Motors bring in these sub-sub-compact models from our neighbouring countries and sell below $60k. Pretty sure will sell well base on the brand alone.

Supersonic
29 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Toyota Wigo - Phillippines

Toyota Agya - Indonesia

If only Borneo Motors bring in these sub-sub-compact models from our neighbouring countries and sell below $60k. Pretty sure will sell well base on the brand alone.

Think borneo long time no bring in hatch, last model was yaris.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Think borneo long time no bring in hatch, last model was yaris.

Still same 1.0L engine, 20k ves.

Unless they bring in the 1.2L?

Please bring in the 2 airbags version.

However, I would rather they bring in the Calya, the 7 seater MPV based on the same car. It will be a winner if priced at 60+k.

Both are equally tinny and not luxurious at all, but very practical.

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 2

8 hours ago, awhtc said:

The Axia looks good and is only around SGD $8k.  I might get one a few years later.

Buy and Park in Malaysia? If I live there, it will be my roundabout car too. 

Edited by Mkl22

10 hours ago, awhtc said:

The Axia looks good and is only around SGD $8k.  I might get one a few years later.

Wa brand new car only SGD$8k?! 😲 No wonder all those malaysian who work in sg but stay in JB really huat to the max. Can buy few Axia also no problem.

12 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Buy and Park in Malaysia? If I live there, it will be my roundabout car too. 

Yes, I will park it at my house in Johor.  When I travel around, I feel safer in a Malaysia-plate car and I won't be too worried about car theft because there are much more expensive cars around me.  My plan is also to drive and park the car near to RTS, then take MRT back to Singapore to run some errands and renew my passport validity.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Wa brand new car only SGD$8k?! 😲 No wonder all those malaysian who work in sg but stay in JB really huat to the max. Can buy few Axia also no problem.

Cheaper than a motorcycle COE 😋

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Yes, I will park it at my house in Johor.  When I travel around, I feel safer in a Malaysia-plate car and I won't be too worried about car theft because there are much more expensive cars around me.  My plan is also to drive and park the car near to RTS, then take MRT back to Singapore to run some errands and renew my passport validity.

It is 800cc car. Drive around town still ok.

Not long distance.

Left most lane of NSH are mostly lorry which is what Axia end up in.