Car workshop boss faces total 81 charges over accident scams

Darthrevan

Emak-Anhar-130814e.jpg

Fifty-three more charges were piled on a car workshop owner on Wednesday over an alleged road accident scam, bringing the total number he faces to 81.
Sollihin Anhar, 41, allegedly schemed with others to cheat insurance companies into processing claims for staged accidents between 2011 and last year allegedly defrauding insurance companies such as Liberty, SHC, Tokio Marine, China Taiping, AXA and NTUC.
He is listed as a co-director of Partners Automotive, a car repair company that was registered in July 2012, according to Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority records.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Hon Yi said the total amount involved in all the charges is about $729,000. The total amount disbursed by insurance companies is about $79,000.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Deputy Public Prosecutor Hon Yi said the total amount involved in all the charges is about $729,000. The total amount disbursed by insurance companies is about $79,000.

suspect got typo leh.. lol

This type of CB kia deserved to be stoned and dan burn at a stake.

Money is one thing. The inconvenience and distress he cause to drivers cannot be measured or compensated by money. I hope those victims come together to sue the fxxker and his accomplices somemore.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 8

Money is one thing. The inconvenience and distress he cause to drivers cannot be measured or compensated by money. I hope those victims come together to sue the fxxker and his accomplices somemore.

This kind of crime still not too bad yet la, if he deserve to be stone and burn, those rapist and murderer deserve wad?

• Praise 1

i know him

nope im not going to defend him nor condemn him

if he made the mistake, he got to pay it of course

This was no mistake - he did the crime. So he has to pay.

• Praise 1

It's staged accidents... Those "victims" are part of the scam no? At least that's hw I understand it... :D

i think the scam team drive out, anyhow bang people or drive scamly to kena bang

then bring to scam workshop and jack up the claims to ten of thousands

It's staged accidents... Those "victims" are part of the scam no? At least that's hw I understand it... :D

Edited by Wt_know

This kind of crime still not too bad yet la, if he deserve to be stone and burn, those rapist and murderer deserve wad?

In some countries, victims are encouraged to marry the rapist.

• Praise 1

Stage accidents can easily cause deaths too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1