Caught In 1 1/2 Hours Jam At PIE Yesterday Evening

Was caught in a long jam yesterday evening along PIE toward Toa Payoh.

Jam along PIE starts from Jurong Town Hall Road to Thomson Rd. I joined the jam at Jurong Town Hall Road at 5.30pm and reach T. Payoh at 7.00pm and thats only I took a left turn into Lornie Road to escape the jam ahead..... [sweatdrop]

No report on radio on what had happen and only the road side 'flash board' indicated the massive jam after B Batok Ave.3 to Thomson Road.

Anyone know what kind of accident happen yesterday? No report in today ST also. :huh:

Thanks. [wave]

Same here i joined the PIE from Toh Guan at 5.30pm too and exit at Eng Neo which was also jam to Dunearn Rd and reached Bugis just before 7pm. I would hv taken the AYE if not for the bloody ERP at Clementi Ave 6.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I left NTU at 6.15pm and kena jam on PIE at Toh Guan, decided to exit and take the Clementi route but kena jam for about 1 hr along Clementi.......... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Jam along PIE starts from Jurong Town Hall Road to Thomson Rd. I joined the jam at Jurong Town Hall Road at 5.30pm and reach T. Payoh at 7.00pm and thats only I took a left turn into Lornie Road to escape the jam ahead..... [sweatdrop]

No report on radio on what had happen and only the road side 'flash board' indicated the massive jam after B Batok Ave.3 to Thomson Road.

Anyone know what kind of accident happen yesterday? No report in today ST also. :huh:

Thanks. [wave]

I feel PIE from 1730-1930 is too jammed. Never know why. Most often, I just go through Commonwealth West -> Lornie -> Bartley East -> Tampines. PIE is only if I leave work after 1900/1930.

• Praise 1

I guess it's some kind of spectacular accident.

On google map, it was red, all the way back to bukit batok.

Then on the opposite is jammed also at the same point.

Think kaypoh watched the accident on the other side and create one.

Then the kaypoh disappears. 10 ten min later another jammed formed up. New kaypohs.

• Praise 1

until today LTA scholars havent address accident caused jam at PIE during peak hr

was stuck there 1.5hr from 5.30pm till 7pm

most days takes like 0.5hr

Edited by rocketmanic

Try download the LTA Apps to your phone. You can check and plan your trip before start driving. Unless the jam only happen when you are on the way already.

I found it very useful and had avoid alot massive jam by using others road.

• Praise 2

should have checked Google Map or Waze

I use waze everyday... Save me many times... I like.... And I contribute as well..

• Praise 1

I use waze everyday... Save me many times... I like.... And I contribute as well..

same here..I use Google Maps check 1st..then use 1.Motoring check again..then activate Waze check again..then set off [:)]

• Praise 1

I guess it's some kind of spectacular accident.

On google map, it was red, all the way back to bukit batok.

Then on the opposite is jammed also at the same point.

Think kaypoh watched the accident on the other side and create one.

Then the kaypoh disappears. 10 ten min later another jammed formed up. New kaypohs.

Uniquely Singapore. Accident on 1 side, both sides have jam. If the accident can be seen from the opposite side, the traffic is much slower. Some can still turn their heads to try to catch the number plates???

• Praise 1

I was caught too. 2 lanes closed cause of a chain accident near Police Academy. usual time was 35 mins.. ended up 1 hr 20 mins.

Thanks. [wave]

U work very near me :)

Only route to T Payoh from Enterprise Road/Jln Boon Lay..... [:(]

Have to use PIE from Mon to Fri evening ...

Always travelled along that stretch for 35 minutes. Now with the extra lanes from Clementi Ave 6 to Lornie Road, the journey save by another 10 minutes (25 minutes) to home. Yesterday,, 1 1/2 hours ... [bigcry]

• Praise 1

I was travelling on the opposite side at about five.

There was a chain accident slightly after Lornie exit (towards changi). Only saw a few cars invlved. The uncle in front of me slowed down to kpo got blasted by my honk.

Heard on radio it was chain accident result in 2 kids sent to KK and 2 adults sent to TTSH.

until today LTA scholars havent address accident caused jam at PIE during peak hr

was stuck there 1.5hr from 5.30pm till 7pm

most days takes like 0.5hr

Yah they should allow the import of cars that can fly -_-

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Uniquely Singapore. Accident on 1 side, both sides have jam. If the accident can be seen from the opposite side, the traffic is much slower. Some can still turn their heads to try to catch the number plates???

Happens everywhere la. Not just in Singapore. It is just normal to want to find out whats going on. I encountered the same thing in many other countries. Drivers will always slow down or stop to look at the accident.

• Praise 1

did you notice the roads were slightly wet/moist which make most drivers move cautiously?

no. The road seemed dry to me and when i traveled westwards i did not feel anything wrong with the road conditions.

• Praise 1

Thanks. [wave]

bro.. it's one highway I hate the most.. always jam.. haizz.. the whole stretch..

Happens everywhere la. Not just in Singapore. It is just normal to want to find out whats going on. I encountered the same thing in many other countries. Drivers will always slow down or stop to look at the accident.

2 years in Aust but never had it this bad. Maybe the Aussies more laidback and bo chap. A car on the 1st lane coming to a complete stop just to look at the accident is beyond me. And then, there are those who look and got into an accident themselves...

↡ Advertisement