Automatic Transmission Problem - Lexus

Somebody

Hi everyone,

I'm facing some problems with my car. From P, when i shift to D, its often very stiff. And recently, when I shift to R, it doesn't even engage until 2-3 secs later. Not sure if its the transmission or the clutch having problems.

Could ppl recommend me a garage that specializes in Transmissions/Clutches that can be trusted and won't chop me? haha!

↡ Advertisement

Hi Brother,

Same as my LS460, the problem is call gear slip, I just did my overhaul and the cost is only 1/3 of what the Lexus agent quoted me.

The work is excellent, after overhaul the feeling is just like that time I collected from brand new.

Ellipse Auto Transmission

21 Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A #01-40

Tel: 6456 0090

Visit the shop and discuss with them see what you need to do. I believed need to overhaul.

Good Luck!

• Praise 2

OT abit....

if overfill auto oil (~2mm above Hot level in dipstick) during running.. will it cause damage?

shld i drain it out?

TIA...

Edited by Dieselord

OT abit....

if overfill auto oil (~2mm above Hot level in dipstick) during running.. will it cause damage?

shld i drain it out?

TIA...

Regards, to Auto transmission fluids oil change, you must drain all old fluids out and replace with new fluids, check your manual for the recommended fluids use, once it is fully drained, your mechanic will fill-up new 4litre of transmission fluid

, do not over fill, it is unlike EO, overtime it can cause sludge built-up and residue over time, even if you order 4 litres of fluids and uses only 3Quarter, thy will still chage you 4 litres, u may keep the balance for future top-up.

( If it dark brown in colour or has a smelly a dour, time to change ) it can cause major gear box transmission havoc and the cost is much heavier.

Recommended Auto transmission change every 30,000Km, dependent on your mileage.

thks for your advice... :)

i chg mine during last servicing... just now go chk, find that it's slightly higher den "Hot upper limit"...

it's still reddish brown color...

i will ask ws to drain some out... it shld be slightly lower den "Hot upper limit", right?? (when running, in Park or Neutral mode)

thks

↡ Advertisement