Is it so difficult to find a trustworthy workshop?

Riverfish

There may be a few good workshops, and they do check your stuff... maybe not 100 points but at least 4-5 points (lights, tyres, brakes, etc.)

The thing is... the more through the check, the slower they will turn around your car and likely cost you more because time = money for them. They aren't making much off that $40-60 labour fee for oil change (remember they have rents to pay apart from salaries).

And some really good workshop, very expensive, and will give you an attitude. It's really no different from popular hawker stalls ;)

I prefer to get my car in and out chop chop. I appreciate some 3-4 point check especially when the car is up on the hoist, but I think I got better things to do with my time and I will do those other 600 point checks myself (tyre pressure also need people to check for you?)

I think this thread deserves a cross link to this one:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695644-my-encounter-with-one-zone-automotive-llp/

Edited by Detach8
↡ Advertisement

You are right. Better take matters into our own hands. Just felt cheated though, that you paid for services that were never delivered.

You have a right to be angry, bcuz what was promised was not delivered.

And you had a list that was waiting for them to fix, but did not turn out.

Some people even go to the extend of marking their tyres, bcuz a certain package includes tyre rotation.

Yeap, and they found out the tyres were not even moved.

But look at it from ws pov.

Some of them quote low, profit margin is low, so they cut corners here and there.

Then some ws charged high, they might be ready to do what's promised, but they don't get much business.

They will ask you, are you willing to pay, if they really do all those checks ?

If it's time consuming, it's the time they could better use to make more money.

• Praise 2

ultimately, the w/s need to make money and survive too...if every customer also want cheap/trustworthy, I think they wont be around for long.

thus I agree to certain extend, Trustworthy in itself really depends on how much we willing to pay for servicing.

I don't recommend nor un-recommend the w/s I go to, they do what my car needed, whenever they advice "this" and "that" must change etc, if my pocket ok, then I change, if not, I just say No, and they wont ask anymore. so I supposed the w/s I go to is quite alright...so far so good (car still running fine)

• Praise 1

Went to one of the outstanding enterprise award-winning ws for accident repair on my car recently, on 3rd party claim.

Changed one of my tyres, so end up i have 3 x model A and 1 x model B tyres.

I made noise, yet they still dare to say there is nothing wrong.

One day if ABS activated on wet road, dunno how my car will behave...

• Praise 1

Went to one of the outstanding enterprise award-winning ws for accident repair on my car recently, on 3rd party claim.

Changed one of my tyres, so end up i have 3 x model A and 1 x model B tyres.

I made noise, yet they still dare to say there is nothing wrong.

One day if ABS activated on wet road, dunno how my car will behave...

Then how?

Complained to my friend who recommended ws to me, now the ws order one more tyre for me...

Trustworthy ws, difficult to find in spore.

Then how?

Then how?

El pee pee el lor!

Back to a serious note, to get hold of a good workshop, you need to do some homework and know at least some car basics and market price for parts. With the internet, at least you can get a rough idea of how much the workshop mark up for some of the parts they change for you etc etc. For me, I prefer to go to one which specializes in the car/make I drive, even if pay more.

• Praise 1

I think now can try one zone..

after a series of unfortunate incidents experienced recently, hope now are more kuai kuai doing business...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695644-my-encounter-with-one-zone-automotive-llp/page-6?do=findComment&comment=5255759

side note: at your own risk.

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

You have a right to be angry, bcuz what was promised was not delivered.

And you had a list that was waiting for them to fix, but did not turn out.

Some people even go to the extend of marking their tyres, bcuz a certain package includes tyre rotation.

Yeap, and they found out the tyres were not even moved.

But look at it from ws pov.

Some of them quote low, profit margin is low, so they cut corners here and there.

Then some ws charged high, they might be ready to do what's promised, but they don't get much business.

They will ask you, are you willing to pay, if they really do all those checks ?

If it's time consuming, it's the time they could better use to make more money.

[sly] I'm one of them. And I can only say, luckily I did! [nod]

• Praise 1

I think now can try one zone..

after a series of unfortunate incidents experienced recently, hope now are more kuai kuai doing business...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695644-my-encounter-with-one-zone-automotive-llp/page-6?do=findComment&comment=5255759

side note: at your own risk.

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Case have close in that thread. To be frank, not to dig thing out again. Eric is Victor Hu and Eric is driving a estima.The coilover belong to him and he is the one who posted the ads himself and the buyer is a member from estima forum which I know it personally but somehow maybe he contacted the T.S to apologise and settle the problem. Eric balls must be shrinking half of the size after this incident, lol..

Edited by Wishxsr
  • Praise 1

Case have close in that thread. To be frank, not to dig thing out again. Eric is Victor Hu and Eric is driving a estima.The coilover belong to him and he is the one who posted the ads himself and the buyer is a member from estima forum which I know it personally but somehow maybe he contacted the T.S to apologise and settle the problem. Eric balls must be shrinking half of the size after this incident, lol..

Yes boss..

• Praise 1

I think it's heng suay one.. depends on which mechanic serve you.. I had been servicing at autobac bukit batok for the last few servicing... quite good lei

There is a saying in Hokkien "sai lu hor lu chow" which translates if keep on digging the shit, it will become more smelly.

And in this context, the more we try to "investigate" more truth will be revealed.

In my opinion, I think this workshop deserve another chance to improve after this incident.

Edited by Divers

Have tried a few workshops so far on my humble ride, and none have been up to the mark. Visited Autobacs Bukit Batok for the most recent services, and thought the relatively big player would cherish its name in the trade, and how wrong I was.

The service package was supposed to include x number of checks on lighting, tyres, brake system, etc, etc. But the outcome was: a headlight has been spoilt for months but plainly missed out during the check, tyre pressue was not checked again (the second time with this workshop already). Returned to the workshop to highlight the negligence (or shall I say a con job as i paid for those checks, didn't I?), only to be offered bull**it excuses.

Is it so hard to find a trustworthy workshop in Singapore? Where is professionalism and integrity? Or do you guys always stand by the mechanic while he performs the job?

So many biz here deal with small customer only wan to cheat for a fast buck.

I find small workshop usually better.

Best is ONO n boss is the one do yr car. He take more care cos every customer is his ricebowl. Usually if older boss usually more experienced n can do a better job.

I never let those young boys touch my car. Many dun know what the diff of a spanner n a wrench.

The COE now so high, people keep their cars for 10 years and have to go for more servicing.

So there is a long queue and the mechanics have no time to do their 20 point check.

Best is check yourself and anything you need doing just to tell them.

Also best to stand there and see what they do.

Also a lot of mechanics have no formal training so

its a case of grease monkey see, grease monkey do.

I wish they were all like Ed China but he is a millionaire

and won't come to Spore to work for a low salary.

:D

Ed China a millionaire????

U know him ah? He also a woman trapped in a mans body?

Ya I watch him on TV does seem a bit girly. [rolleyes]

After I bought a 2nd hand car, went to this workshop to service and change several things, including ATF and brake pads etc. The mechanic checked and told me ATF still good, brake pads still have more than 90% so don't waste money to change... Have been going back to them ever since, from 8-9 years ago.

This sounds like those more honest WS. [nod]

Or the worker too lazy to change unless got no choice n customer insist. [sly]

↡ Advertisement