Is it so difficult to find a trustworthy workshop?

Riverfish

Fyi, for my altis, to change the fan motor, the whole radiator has to be taken out and also removing the frt bumper for easier excess. Part of the top frt retention frame also has to be removed.

Maybe kids stuff for you but at least i don't laugh at anyone who put in efforts to DIY. Maybe you should elloborate what you've done before?

Wah Altis so difficult mah??? Change rad fan must take out whole radiator???

Like worse than Felari or Lambo even. Hahaha. I stripped n overhauled my car engine b4? How good or not? Hahahahaha [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No underwear then you are a commando!

I love to watch the repeat of Wheeler Dealers and also Auto Traders where

he helps people to buy and sell a car.

One thing people may not know about Edd China is that he designed the double

decker cars on Top Gear in England vs Germany episode and

his surname is China and that means on of his ancestors must have come

from China so he is partly Chinese.

:D

Maybe not commando. Only Special Forces. [laugh]

Ed China ancestors from China. Wow I didnt know that. I tot he looked 100% British. [confused]

How u know he designed those double decker cars in the Top Gear show? U really research on him ah?

Edited by Pisces69

Ha ha... give him a break lar..

At least he get his hand dirty to fix it ownself...

Unlike some might be talk cock only, in practical know nothing....

Or some know a bit, but already wan to represents the world liao...

I was just jokingh lah. [laugh]

I like to DIY n sarpok all those who DIY too. [thumbsup]

I also encourage more pple to DIY n learn more about the mechanicals abt their cars. At least less chance of WS or mech to cheat them. [nod]

Fyi, for my altis, to change the fan motor, the whole radiator has to be taken out and also removing the frt bumper for easier excess. Part of the top frt retention frame also has to be removed.

Maybe kids stuff for you but at least i don't laugh at anyone who put in efforts to DIY. Maybe you should elloborate what you've done before?

Hee hee.

Dun get offended leh. I just kidding u only. [laugh]

I also like to DIY lah. I also sarpok all those who can DIY. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Do agree that good & trustworthy workshop isn't easy to find. Normally me and my frenz will share as to where we can go to for what services we need. There is one that I find quite good at Yew Tee Industrial Estate. Those who live near can give it a try. Was recommended by a fren of mine who patronize tat workshop for years. Cant remember the Co name thou just only know the way there. Unit number is 393H.

But DO NOT go the workshop at that same area w the Co name beginning w ENG........ as my fren commented the boss is simply like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Good in sales talk but in e end cant commit and even need him to top up $.

Hope this info is beneficial to all drivers. Cheerz :)

• Praise 1

Do agree that good & trustworthy workshop isn't easy to find. Normally me and my frenz will share as to where we can go to for what services we need. There is one that I find quite good at Yew Tee Industrial Estate. Those who live near can give it a try. Was recommended by a fren of mine who patronize tat workshop for years. Cant remember the Co name thou just only know the way there. Unit number is 393H.

But DO NOT go the workshop at that same area w the Co name beginning w ENG........ as my fren commented the boss is simply like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Good in sales talk but in e end cant commit and even need him to top up $.

Hope this info is beneficial to all drivers. Cheerz :)

today my lunch is so salty...yuck <_<

Alamak.

Pple ask for WS u say yr lunch salty. [dizzy]

U post in wrong thread issit.

Hahahaha. [laugh]

And I choke on coffee today because I was looking a a Malay SYT.

With my history in MCF, I'm sure you believe me right.

Hamburger say his lunch salty, with his history we think it's true.

Someone with no history in MCF, who will believe?

Wah Altis so difficult mah??? Change rad fan must take out whole radiator???

Like worse than Felari or Lambo even. Hahaha. I stripped n overhauled my car engine b4? How good or not? Hahahahaha [laugh]

By yourself? Seriously? I must pray you like a god from now on [shocked]

I have only tried changing engine oil of my '74 beetle and shocks of my ex-sunny so far. But now after married no time for all this anymore, just guai guai go back to let the ws chopped me every time a new problem arises [bigcry]

And I choke on coffee today because I was looking a a Malay SYT.

With my history in MCF, I'm sure you believe me right.

Hamburger say his lunch salty, with his history we think it's true.

Someone with no history in MCF, who will believe?

Believe or not is individual and a choice. Duno the history doesn't mean no history. No one is a blank paper. I guess whoever here the purpose is to share. No offence.

• Praise 1

I went to a petrol station at Shell Yio Chu Kang today, asking about servicing and was quoted $140. I asked for a list of "things" (checkpoints) that will be checked but the uncle said don't have. Granted, his age, and the scale of his business most probably don't have such a thing. But… not knowing what the $140 entails is putting me off. Can someone kindly advise me?

I went to a petrol station at Shell Yio Chu Kang today, asking about servicing and was quoted $140. I asked for a list of "things" (checkpoints) that will be checked but the uncle said don't have. Granted, his age, and the scale of his business most probably don't have such a thing. But not knowing what the $140 entails is putting me off. Can someone kindly advise me?

Are you f**kin serious or are you trolling?

Hi everyone, please ignore the post by Detach8 and try to advise if you happen to have any knowledge and/or experience in this aspect. I am very in need to know if the list is really necessary, so that I can make a decision, but really need to find out more.

As for the comments by Detach8, I have reported this issue to the administrator.

Are you f**kin serious or are you trolling?

I went to a petrol station at Shell Yio Chu Kang today, asking about servicing and was quoted $140. I asked for a list of "things" (checkpoints) that will be checked but the uncle said don't have. Granted, his age, and the scale of his business most probably don't have such a thing. But… not knowing what the $140 entails is putting me off. Can someone kindly advise me?

Not many workshops prepare such list. Suggest to bring along your car agent's list for discussion with outside workshops. You can always ask if they do all those listed in your list.

Hi thank you so much! It's a very good idea that I can bring the list for a discussion and to find out more. Solved my problem! Thank you! :D

Not many workshops prepare such list. Suggest to bring along your car agent's list for discussion with outside workshops. You can always ask if they do all those listed in your list.

You DO know that the checklist used by agents are for show right? Do you really think those malaysia/china mechanic go thru' every item on your car?

You see the ticks, they are all the same! [laugh]

What is the mileage of your car? Perhaps we can advise you on what need to change.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

LOL. Here's a tip for you kid.

Buy a bottle of oil from Giant.

Get 2 big metal trays about 30-40cm big and 1-1.5" deep and a funnel and some cloth, and some hex wrenches.

Open the engine filler cap first. Get under your car, unscrew the drain plug and let the oil flow out into the metal tray. Screw back the drain plug.

Then go to the top of yr engine, pour the new oil into the engine using funnel.

Pour old oil back into the bottle, bring to any workshop and just ask them help dispose.

Don't need change oil filter lah... no tools to remove.

$90 servicing for you.

Seriously what were you expecting out of a servicing? Uncle no need pay rent and pay labour?

If you want a 1000 point check go to your dealer. They will gladly charge you $200 and give u a checklist the mechanic conveniently ticked off (probably without even checking) and you can bring that checklist to the uncle and see what he tells you.

I think his reply will be the same as my previous reply.

• Praise 1

According to Shell website, there are two packages ($88 and $128). http://www.shell.com.sg/products-services/on-the-road/shop-and-services/autoserv/vehicle-servicing.html

Both packages have 36 check points so if the uncle is giving not able to give you the proper information, just move on to another shell station or another shop altogether.

LOL. Here's a tip for you kid.

Buy a bottle of oil from Giant.

Get 2 big metal trays about 30-40cm big and 1-1.5" deep and a funnel and some cloth, and some hex wrenches.

Open the engine filler cap first. Get under your car, unscrew the drain plug and let the oil flow out into the metal tray. Screw back the drain plug.

Then go to the top of yr engine, pour the new oil into the engine using funnel.

Pour old oil back into the bottle, bring to any workshop and just ask them help dispose.

Don't need change oil filter lah... no tools to remove.

$90 servicing for you.

Seriously what were you expecting out of a servicing? Uncle no need pay rent and pay labour?

If you want a 1000 point check go to your dealer. They will gladly charge you $200 and give u a checklist the mechanic conveniently ticked off (probably without even checking) and you can bring that checklist to the uncle and see what he tells you.

I think his reply will be the same as my previous reply.

Whether or not the uncle needs to pay rent and labor is not relevant to this case. As I mentioned above, the prices are clearly quoted on the Shell website with 36 points check (and also oil filter change)

If they can't do it for that price, then they shouldn't have quoted that price. If the website states 36 checkpoints and the mechanic doesn't even know what 36 checks he is supposed to do (whether or not he actually checks it is another story) then best to skip that shop.

*Edit* There's no need to be rude to a fellow forumer who is just looking for information.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1