ALS ice bucket challenge

Fcw75

I think some of those doing it may just be for the fun of it. Did they donate any $ or do anything practical that will better the lives of those with ALS? Though I agree that there is publicity generated.

And really it's a waste of water, I see some people like pouring 1 bathtub over themselves. [shakehead]

• Praise 5

Just some publicity stunt which does little for the true cause.

Not different from those email spams where one reads and sends to three others.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Just some publicity stunt which does little for the true cause.

Not different from those email spams where one reads and sends to three others.

Perhaps you want to read this paragraph from ST before saying it does little for the true cause. If this does not raise awareness and raise funds for the association, I don't know what does.

A flood of funds - US$22.9 million from July 29 to August 19, compared with US$1.9 million for the same period in 2013 - has poured into the ALS Association, which welcomed "the incredible influx of support". "We need to be strategic in our decision-making as to how the funds will be spent so that when people look back on this event in 10 and 20 years, the Ice Bucket Challenge will be seen as a real game-changer for ALS," said association president Barbara Newhouse.

Edited by Fcw75

Perhaps you want to read this paragraph from ST before saying it does little for the true cause. If this does not raise awareness and raise funds for the association, I don't know what does.

A flood of funds - US$22.9 million from July 29 to August 19, compared with US$1.9 million for the same period in 2013 - has poured into the ALS Association, which welcomed "the incredible influx of support". "We need to be strategic in our decision-making as to how the funds will be spent so that when people look back on this event in 10 and 20 years, the Ice Bucket Challenge will be seen as a real game-changer for ALS," said association president Barbara Newhouse.

I think the original intention is good, for ALS purposes...

But as the world got hold of this, it becomes a trend, just like gangnan style... everyone want to be a part of the trend, but do they actually donate?!

The above flooding of funds apply to US, but for Singapore, Asean countries, did those perform actually donate?

No one knows... but we only know they enjoy doing this ice-bucket thingy :D

Anyway, if anyone is sincere in helping out in charity, don't think we need to have this kind of ice-bucket challenge.

Remember of our rice charity donation organised by MCF and Towkay Ken ?

All of us just donate, for charity, and we don't need to do this challenge anyway :)

• Praise 2

I think the original intention is good, for ALS purposes...

But as the world got hold of this, it becomes a trend, just like gangnan style... everyone want to be a part of the trend, but do they actually donate?!

The above flooding of funds apply to US, but for Singapore, Asean countries, did those perform actually donate?

No one knows... but we only know they enjoy doing this ice-bucket thingy :D

Anyway, if anyone is sincere in helping out in charity, don't think we need to have this kind of ice-bucket challenge.

Remember of our rice charity donation organised by MCF and Towkay Ken ?

All of us just donate, for charity, and we don't need to do this challenge anyway :)

Yes, the original intention is good. To raise awareness and funds for the disease.

But you are right, when it comes to Asia, some people simply do it for show such as Carina Lau. Looks more like a fashion shoot then doing charity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7dSGQwtAC0

[thumbsdown]

If the charity is well run, it should be able to handle the money.

Think i'm just a grumpy old uncle.

Whether the association is able to handle the money, it's beyond the donors' control.

When NKF first started, it was with good intentions. But we only need someone like Durai to spoil the whole show.

Hypersonic

Yes, the original intention is good. To raise awareness and funds for the disease.

But you are right, when it comes to Asia, some people simply do it for show such as Carina Lau. Looks more like a fashion shoot then doing charity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7dSGQwtAC0

[thumbsdown]

WTF! Bullsh!t man.... look at the camera flashes that went off when the bucket poured on her [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]

Hypersonic

So Steven Lim is the most down to earth one ?

Someone bad doesn't make him a saint. He is the worst of the maggots.

well.. campaign did created awareness of the illness for me.

but nevertheless, people will start to dig dig dig out if it will be another NKF.

source from Jose Canaura FB shared to me. Unable to show FB materials from office but basically he mentioned something of interest.

Refer to page 14 http://www.alsa.org/assets/pdfs/2012-annual-report_als-association.pdf.

• Praise 1

Another stupid trend! Wonder how long it'll take before it wears thin.

Of course it won't be stupid if a hot chick wearing a see-through t-shirt is getting wet.

Garrn nice (.)(.)! :D

• Praise 1

I admit I am growing old...

Kudos for the efforts to raise awaress, but I simply find it *roll eyes*...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6