Interior cloth falling off

Sgspurs

Normal for Conti to have the lining delaminate between the cloth and actual roof lining board. The problem is caused by the failure of the sponge lining between the cloth and board. The sponge rots or deteriorate causing the two to separate......thus the sagging cloth. Nothing to do with the glue acutally. A bucket of glue cannot put the cloth lining back to the board lining because the rotting sponge needs to be remove.

Mine failed after about 4 years. Was replaced by Jason at AutoBay at Kaki. Give him a call at 814 129 88 . Got the whole roof lining removed in the morning and it was ready to be reinstalled the next day.

Strange but Japanese/Korean cars don't seem to have this problem or I have not seen them before.

Within my family we have/had 6 wowos most driven till scrapped - never encountered this issue. My few Italians also did not have sagging issues. My exBMW suffered this (around age 6-7 then replaced at 8Cushion which was on expensive side), and Audi is showing signs.

It appears to be confined to some German cars - BMW and VAG ones.

↡ Advertisement

Within my family we have/had 6 wowos most driven till scrapped - never encountered this issue. My few Italians also did not have sagging issues. My exBMW suffered this (around age 6-7 then replaced at 8Cushion which was on expensive side), and Audi is showing signs.

It appears to be confined to some German cars - BMW and VAG ones.

Add Opel in also, my vectra c also has this problem..

On the positive side it is an issue that is not too expensive to fix, though for my ride i am leaving it sagging as it only has 1 yr+ of coe remaining and it is more of a cosmetic issue and only a small problem for taller passengers :D

Some people mention can try using fridge magnets to hold the cloth up [laugh] .. I have not tried this yet though..