Is it time to slap 60 limit back on goods vehicles again?

Furrynadz

78 members have voted

1. 1. 60km/h limit + left lane + orange beeper on top

• yay
    • nay

I wonder, since you guys wish to have so many restriction on commericial vehicles, how about enforcing a speed limiter in all sedans, SUVs, luxuries cars?

Y only commerical? Why? Cars dun cause any accidents? Btw, i am a rider and a daily driver on my SUV and lorry.

• Praise 6
  • Dislike 2

Typical case of busy body motorists, slowing down to look see the 2 collided lorries, instead of keeping their eyes ahead, and ended up in a chain colission involving >14 vehicles.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

I wonder, since you guys wish to have so many restriction on commericial vehicles, how about enforcing a speed limiter in all sedans, SUVs, luxuries cars?

Y only commerical? Why? Cars dun cause any accidents? Btw, i am a rider and a daily driver on my SUV and lorry.

u sure are busy.. Ride bicycle, drive SUV then drive lorry.. Why so complicating? Can't just select one type n let go of the other 2 COE?

Just kidding.

• Praise 2

Not just commercial vehicles are capable of causing pile ups. As long as it's a human being behind the wheel accidents will happen.

PIE, peak hour, cars bumper to bumper. How fast can the lorry go? From the looks of their size it's no wonder. Even at crawling bumper to bumper speeds the impact can be so devastating.

Is this really about lorry speeding? Or is it purely speculation? Or stereotype? PIE, 5+pm, can speed meh?

Not impose lower limits, but keep these commercial vehicles out of Land 1 and 2 on the expressway. Now along AYE, PIE etc the commercial vechicles take up land 2, 3, 4 (when there are 4 lanes) and sometimes even Lane 1, with ZERO regard to traffic rules.

Hello Traffic Police - Where are you guys?

• Praise 3

u sure are busy.. Ride bicycle, drive SUV then drive lorry.. Why so complicating? Can't just select one type n let go of the other 2 COE?

Just kidding.

Park lorry at heavy vehicle park, ride bicycle to home, dinner, drive SUV out for leisure.

• Praise 1

speed + mass = deadly

just think about it, one day u could be doggystyle by one of these and what happens to ur family when u are left looking down at them

Accident involving truck = speeding.

In some ppls's eyes, truck drivers always forever wrong without finding the truth. They always think truck drivers are uneducated & lowly ppls while they are elite in their just their little small office.

stereotying thread.

• Praise 3

Then TP should install cam island wide, speed cam, bus lane cam, red light cam, illegal parking cam, traffic junction cam catching illegal U turn, change lane while turning in junction, no signal, cam to catch use of hand phone, catch not seat belt, cam catch illegal high beam, road hogging etc. 24 hour all weather super high end cam plus e ticket send via e services just minutes after caught in cam with fully auto systems, liddat all drivers will be very song!

Turbocharged

No need speed limit.

Just stick to the extreme left lane...

Damn frustrating to see heavy vehicles hogging every lane except the extreme right lane.

• Praise 2

Just kidding.

no wonder carpark nowadays full

No need speed limit.

Just stick to the extreme left lane...

Damn frustrating to see heavy vehicles hogging every lane except the extreme right lane.

also in major arterial road, please dont let commercial vehicle in the lane 1. they travel in the same speed as 2nd and 3rd lane

Then TP should install cam island wide, speed cam, bus lane cam, red light cam, illegal parking cam, traffic junction cam catching illegal U turn, change lane while turning in junction, no signal, cam to catch use of hand phone, catch not seat belt, cam catch illegal high beam, road hogging etc. 24 hour all weather super high end cam plus e ticket send via e services just minutes after caught in cam with fully auto systems, liddat all drivers will be very song!

with so many cams, u cant even pick ur nose :D

Not impose lower limits, but keep these commercial vehicles out of Land 1 and 2 on the expressway. Now along AYE, PIE etc the commercial vechicles take up land 2, 3, 4 (when there are 4 lanes) and sometimes even Lane 1, with ZERO regard to traffic rules.

Hello Traffic Police - Where are you guys?

I find many vans, lorries, big trucks and buses travelling on lane 2 which really hog the road on top of the road hoggers in lane 1. U know what I travel on lane 4 in AYE during peak hour the smoothest cos all trucks and buses in lane 2 and lane 3 while some lorries in lane 1

• Praise 1

Thread starter must have personal agenda against commercial vehicles. So fast assume it is due to speeding?

Lets say we assume the lorry driver really was speeding.

Lets help thread starter understand some logic, if the lorry driver was speeding above 70km/hr thereby ignoring the 70km/hr rule, would dropping the speed limit to 60km/hr FORCE THE LORRY DRIVER TO THINK TWICE ABOUT SPEEDING? he already willing to exceed 70, why would he care about exceeding 60? In other words, dropping the speed limit is not going to prevent this crash (again, assuming this crash was even caused by speeding in the first place).

Also, while I understand some people's opinion for hating commercial vehicles who are not on the left most lane. I perfectly understand the need for heavy lorries to be in left lane. However, why must you all also condemn light goods vehicle or goods-cum-passenger vehicles? I hope LTA can reconfigure the policy to allow the same freedom that exists for cars and motocycles to also apply to these light goods vehicle i.e remove the 70km/hr speed limit and allowing them the use of 1st lane as overtaking lane. They are as powerful, as safe and sometimes the exact same as the cars. E.g. Some turbo diesel models are more powerful than most bread and butter cars, they is no way they will be slowing down traffic. There are also models that have the same chassis as their car counterpart. In fact, you can now register a light goods vehicle as a private car with an 'S' plate and be treated as a private vehicle without the limits, this fact alone shows a loophole but it also means that LTA has started to recognize that it is plain stupid to continue the use of an old system of classification on the existing light goods vehicle. LTA must recognize that times have changed, and that separating light goods vehicle from lorries etc will help boost our economy (this is actually real, the higher speed limit really does affect GDP) and definitely not endanger the public.

In all fairness, I am speaking as a van driver.

Edited by Aerosmith
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 1