SingPost raises postage in 8 years

Ktglfc

They should stopped printing 26c stamps & start selling 30c at all post branches. Let ppl use up all the 26c.

Give us a year period to finish the 26c stamps and implement the 30c stamp on 1st August 2015 ... [sly]

if i am not wrong, the last time when they increase from 20c to 26c, they allowed people to continue using the old 20c stamps for some time

but nowadays business so competive,

incrase also incrase 4c nia, somemore i think 99% of the people wont be aqffected one

maybe is those bank which send bank statement or credit card statement by post one [sly]

↡ Advertisement

if i am not wrong, the last time when they increase from 20c to 26c, they allowed people to continue using the old 20c stamps for some time

but nowadays business so competive,

incrase also incrase 4c nia, somemore i think 99% of the people wont be aqffected one

maybe is those bank which send bank statement or credit card statement by post one [sly]

Yup ..... mostly Credit Card statements ... [grin]

If they send by Mail through Smart phone, don't know how many peoples will read it .... [laugh][laugh]

They should stopped printing 26c stamps & start selling 30c at all post branches. Let ppl use up all the 26c.

Give us a year period to finish the 26c stamps and implement the 30c stamp on 1st August 2015 ... [sly]

That's what I told them!

Or at the least, allow an exchange. But nooooo. [rolleyes]

Anyway, the operator I spoke to sounded suspiciously like an Indian FT. Not meaning to be xenophobic or racist (how can I?) but just mentioning it because she may not be correct or have the whole story. Let's see if any manager actually calls me back. I'm not holding my breath.

Called up SingPost to check.

1) Before 1st Oct, current (26c) stamps can be used.

2) From that date, if you use a 26c stamp, you will need to affix another 4c stamp to make up the 30c postage.

3) They will not honour the 26c stamp by itself after 1st Oct.

4) They don't have plans to allow an exchange of your existing stamps at the Singpost counter for 30c stamps.

I've lodged a customer complaint and am waiting to hear back from their manager. This is piss poor service, as far as I'm concerned.

Agree with hands and legs up!!

At such short notice, how the fark do we use up the old stocks??

KNN I'll send a snail mail to PMO to complain about this every farking day till the older stamps are used up [:|]

• Praise 3

That's what I told them!

Anyway, the operator I spoke to sounded suspiciously like an Indian FT. Not meaning to be xenophobic or racist (how can I?) but just mentioning it because she may not be correct or have the whole story. Let's see if any manager actually calls me back. I'm not holding my breath.

Well, he is only the branch manager. As usual they reply is decision from the top, I only branch manager and carrying out instructions ..... :ph34r:

Same as when making a complaint at Mac's outlet. Its only a branch and they tell you to write to HQ ... [grin]

That's what I told them!

KNN this kind of issue can call MSO to complain anot?

• Praise 3

Nowadays a visit to post office is not that great experience. Ppl paying phone n power bills when they could use axs. Many online traders posting packages. PO also sells many non related products. Not wrong but staff level not enough, so waiting like mad.

• Praise 3

Nowadays a visit to post office is not that great experience. Ppl paying phone n power bills when they could use axs. Many online traders posting packages. PO also sells many non related products. Not wrong but staff level not enough, so waiting like mad.

Nailed it right there dude.

OT: Macdonald's queue system sucks and is a major downgrade. It used to be quick and hassle free with the cashier taking and preparing orders. Now they take orders and defer you to the side while another staff prepares the food. There is always a backlog of customers waiting for food and the whole area jams up. What a stupid stupid system.

• Praise 1

That's what I told them!

Nowadays, you cannot say anything racist without sounding racist.

Indiscriminate privatization of essential services. SingPost is not the only behemoth created in the recent decades. I think we should re-think the policy of privatization of such services. End up they behave like government department without the accountability and the mind-set of profit driven corporations.

• Praise 1

Indiscriminate privatization of essential services. SingPost is not the only behemoth created in the recent decades. I think we should re-think the policy of privatization of such services. End up they behave like government department without the accountability and the mind-set of profit driven corporations.

Privatisation is not a bad notion *if* the citizens get to reap the benefits of it. Namely, free market capitalist competition (price wars) and freedom of choice (multiple competing players).

If it's really faux "privatisation" meaning a monopoly or at best a cartelised oligopoly, then what the hell does the public gain? And if your *gahmen* appointments to head these "private" companies are always dogged by controversy (e.g. allegations of nepotism and cronyism), that just makes things worse.

Edited by Turboflat4

Wonderful news. The same operator called me back to apologise for an error she made earlier.

She clarified that the current 26c stamps can be used in place of the new 30c stamps without needing any top up stamp.

So they'll let the "current" series die out without penalising those of us who stocked up.

From 1st Oct, you can only buy the 30c stamps, of course.

A big thumbs up to Singtel for at least being rational about this. [thumbsup]

Of course, there's an "arbitrage opportunity" for anyone who's desperate enough.

Sell your stock of 26c stamps for anything between 27 to 29c after 1st Oct, and you make an instant profit. Provided you don't need to use stamps in the foreseeable future, of course. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Nailed it right there dude.

OT: Macdonald's queue system sucks and is a major downgrade. It used to be quick and hassle free with the cashier taking and preparing orders. Now they take orders and defer you to the side while another staff prepares the food. There is always a backlog of customers waiting for food and the whole area jams up. What a stupid stupid system.

Macs has a much wider range of offerings compared to say 10 yrs ago.

Their menu has increased substantially. Think latest report out from Macs is that they want to downsize their menu, so that service standards can improve again.

Actually I'm ok with macs service. There's much worse service out there.

N BK, KFC is definitely way slower than Macs.

Wonderful news. The same operator called me back to apologise for an error she made earlier.

She clarified that the current 26c stamps can be used in place of the new 30c stamps without needing any top up stamp.

So they'll let the "current" series die out without penalising those of us who stocked up.

Of course, there's an "arbitrage opportunity" for anyone who's desperate enough.

Sell your stock of 26c stamps for anything between 27 to 29c after 1st Oct, and you make an instant profit. Provided you don't need to use stamps in the foreseeable future, of course. [laugh]

Quick! Stock up on 26 cents stamps now! [grin]

Like I said before, there is no value indicated on those who bought the stamp booklets. It is only right that they allow them to be used until... well... until they are used :D

• Praise 1

cheong to Singpost now to hoot the stamps now!

• Praise 1

dey, simi singtel? ;)

kajiao you only. i know you meant singpost.

they really do have common sense .. not bad sia. (and probably, to print 4 cent stamps will also cost money and be counter productive)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2