SingPost raises postage in 8 years

Ktglfc

Yup ..... mostly Credit Card statements ... [grin]

If they send by Mail through Smart phone, don't know how many peoples will read it .... [laugh][laugh]

credit card statement etc are handled by datapost....
↡ Advertisement

It's a business model that works on volume. The internet and mobile devices hugely relegated snail mail to being almost obsolete. So 30 cents isn't really nominal when the volume is substantial. Just my limited understanding of the mail business model

more or less correct. But mail is still singpost's cashcow.

E commerce is the new growth pillar...

No monopoly? Who else competing with them for domestic postal service?

In addition to the fact that when they privatize, all post office buildings were transferred to their books. Wonder how many they have sold to reap the profit already

best to buy their shares man

Agreed !

Just buy up their shares :))

Singpost's business is made up of mail (51.9%), logistics (38.9%) and retail & e-commerce (9.2%).

Current yield is abt 3.6%, so its still worth investing for the long term :)

The last time I use stamp must be more than 10 years ago.

Now my monthly "postage" charges is about $50 plus per month.

Allows me to read news, chat, watch video, send mail, pay bills transfer money, buy stocks, pay road tax....etc.

Ok, some good news :))

Singpost just given us 6 x $0.30 postage stamps FREE :))

Go check your letter box now :))

And I just got mine :))

SINGAPORE - All households will receive free stamps from Singapore Post by Oct 1. SingPost started delivering the stamps to 1.4 million households yesterday. Each will get a booklet containing six local stamps. Free stamps will also go to over 130 charity homes for the elderly, young, disabled and other residential facilities. The free stamps are meant to encourage more people to use the postal service, said SingPost, which also announced the first hike in postal rates in eight years. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/households-receive-free-stamps-hike-postal-rates-kick-20#xtor=CS1-10

• Praise 1

Haven't receive mine.

Any T&C? Like cannot use during peak seasons? [laugh]

Ok, some good news :))

Singpost just given us 6 x $0.30 postage stamps FREE :))

Go check your letter box now :))

And I just got mine :))

SINGAPORE - All households will receive free stamps from Singapore Post by Oct 1. SingPost started delivering the stamps to 1.4 million households yesterday. Each will get a booklet containing six local stamps. Free stamps will also go to over 130 charity homes for the elderly, young, disabled and other residential facilities. The free stamps are meant to encourage more people to use the postal service, said SingPost, which also announced the first hike in postal rates in eight years. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/households-receive-free-stamps-hike-postal-rates-kick-20#xtor=CS1-10

Free stamps? Give me to collect dust ar? Guess the last time i posted a letter using stamp should be donkey years ago!

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement