SG Widow and China Tour Guide Asset Tussle . .. .

Camrysfa

I think to be fair, it is not easy for ICA to verify all institute world wide and we all know they are going to use that as an excuse too.

While being so, I ask why didn't ICA ever considered approving applications from recognised institute that provides services for them to verify the authencity of the certificate?

Even if they did, we still cannot 100% chop the person really did achieve his/her cert from the top of the table.. you know lah, every country you got the money you can be the king..

Actually China is huge with thousands of institute, so as India, philippines ,etc. if they were to check it will be a chores, now u go ICA and seel how flocked the foreigners level 4, basically ICA need to build 100 storey building to accomodate all these people

There is no fool proof way to verify degree, as the degrees come from countries where ICA has no authority over. For the same reasons, HDB cannot find out if the PR has properties overseas. However, there have been slight improvements. AFAIK, those who have hired people lately will know. Degrees from PRC have to be verified by one of the registered authorities in China starting from about a year ago. But this does not apply to degrees from other countries where centralized education records are unavailable. I guess they have been relying on companies and hiring managers to do their own due diligence, but this is not enough.

In several other countries, the hiring manager needs to write long scope of work and business justification to be reviewed by immigration. Here, I've never been asked to write anything - so its very efficient, but also convenient for those trying to cheat the system. Again, there is probably a lack of physical checks on whether the employment pass holders are really working in the capacity they claimed. In other countries, there are immigrant agents physically going to the registered address to spot check that the foreign workers are not only working there, but are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. These are not just on construction workers, but also senior management, professionals, etc.

Thank you for sharing the verification process here and overseas.

the lack of checking or doing spot check as you have pointed out certainly made those with intent to cheat got away easier.

Thanks

haha ... no need la ...

speaking of efficiency, just operate 24x7 to approve and renew applications can liao ... hehe

Actually China is huge with thousands of institute, so as India, philippines ,etc. if they were to check it will be a chores, now u go ICA and seel how flocked the foreigners level 4, basically ICA need to build 100 storey building to accomodate all these people

• Praise 1

haha ... why not ... going forward 50% of sporean is FT what ...

so hire FT sporean ...

Hire who to work around the clock? FT ah, haha

Edited by Wt_know

I know its not easy.. but not doing because it is difficult is an bad excuse..

that's why I say to make their life easier, why not only approve those from selected institute which we could cross reference?

I have heard up north many stateless ;read the quote last part. An example of don't any how approve?

There are an estimated 150,000 stateless children in Malaysia. Many are from remote communities in the peninsula's jungle interior or across the sea in Borneo. Others are the children of refugees or migrants, and still more are ethnic Indians whose battle to prove they are Malaysians can be traced back to Malaya's independence from Britain in the late 1950s.

• Praise 2

Those ppls that made such comment always only talk about the 1st half but not the 2nd half.

The 2nd half is during that time, Singapore is nobody. Some of our forefather dont even know what is Singapore before they arrive. During that era, our currency is not like many time more than those foreigner's countries. If our currency exchange rate is the other way round, do you think those that come now will still come here? [laugh]

Then how ? Malaya and Singapore would not have existed in the first place. Most of our forefathers have nothing to prove or verify. Just arrive and work. It is a free economy model driven by business.

• Praise 2

There is no fool proof way to verify degree, as the degrees come from countries where ICA has no authority over. For the same reasons, HDB cannot find out if the PR has properties overseas. However, there have been slight improvements. AFAIK, those who have hired people lately will know. Degrees from PRC have to be verified by one of the registered authorities in China starting from about a year ago. But this does not apply to degrees from other countries where centralized education records are unavailable. I guess they have been relying on companies and hiring managers to do their own due diligence, but this is not enough.

In several other countries, the hiring manager needs to write long scope of work and business justification to be reviewed by immigration. Here, I've never been asked to write anything - so its very efficient, but also convenient for those trying to cheat the system. Again, there is probably a lack of physical checks on whether the employment pass holders are really working in the capacity they claimed. In other countries, there are immigrant agents physically going to the registered address to spot check that the foreign workers are not only working there, but are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. These are not just on construction workers, but also senior management, professionals, etc.

Hmmmmmmmm........... make them take our GCE 'O' (for diploma holders) and 'A' (for degree holder) level exam to proof they got such thing we called it 'brain' ... ^_^

[:p][:p]

• Praise 1

Hmmmmmmmm........... make them take our GCE 'O' (for diploma holders) and 'A' (for degree holder) level exam to proof they got such thing we called it 'brain' ... ^_^

Too hard for them.

Compromise.. Ask them to take our PSLE :D

Maybe they dont understand English :D

• Praise 1

U joking har? Last time my ah tiong classmate sec 2 come from china can solve O level Maths and physics, don't play play with them. Every exam score at least 90 and above

• Praise 1

U joking har? Last time my ah tiong classmate sec 2 come from china can solve O level Maths and physics, don't play play with them. Every exam score at least 90 and above

Only in maths niah.... and maybe Mother Tongue they can pass

we still have English, Science, Social Study, ..... [sly]

They must pass all subjects .... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement