SG Widow and China Tour Guide Asset Tussle . .. .

Camrysfa

Maybe this Ah tiong does have a case?!

Maybe the niece is the one that wants to take over the assets?!

So many possibilities.... its going to be a juicy case that bound to spill over ...

Maybe.

Frankly, even if the widow has no kin to give her assets to, I strongly object passing to those ah tiong who are just here to enjoy the good life. What has he done to deserve such big fortune? Just being close to the old lady for 5 years and get all her money accumulated throughout her life? Sorry, I don't buy that.

I rather her property is liquidated and donated to charities.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe.

Frankly, even if the widow has no kin to give her assets to, I strongly object passing to those ah tiong who are just here to enjoy the good life. What has he done to deserve such big fortune? Just being close to the old lady for 5 years and get all her money accumulated throughout her life? Sorry, I don't buy that.

I rather her property is liquidated and donated to charities.

You can strongly object but the fact remains that it is her money and her's to spend as she deems fit.

Personally, I find it unreasonable that people can go around telling others how they should spend the money they have earned.

You can strongly object but the fact remains that it is her money and her's to spend as she deems fit.

Personally, I find it unreasonable that people can go around telling others how they should spend the money they have earned.

Of course it is her money and she can do whatever she wants with it. But when there is someone who is making use of her, especially when she is mentally unsound, do you think it should be like that?

You object to people enjoying good life ? Who are we to judge anyone who enjoys a good life ? Just because he is of a different nationality ?

I don't object to anyone seeking a good life. Just the method to getting the good life.

Sorry to say, I don't have the slightest good impression of PRCs. Met too many. Know a lot of rich ones too whose fortunes are questionable.

Of course it is her money and she can do whatever she wants with it. But when there is someone who is making use of her, especially when she is mentally unsound, do you think it should be like that?

Like I mentioned before previously, her will and lasting power of attorney would have been made BEFORE she was mentally unsound.

If the law can just come in and change what she wanted, then how is that fair to her? Just because she fell ill, the law should suddenly come along and take her money away to donate to charities?

If it can be shown that the will and LPA was forged or she was coerced in some way then I would say there is a case to do so. However, there is currently no evidence suggesting this so the money should rightfully be distributed as the old lady wanted.

I don't object to anyone seeking a good life. Just the method to getting the good life.

Sorry to say, I don't have the slightest good impression of PRCs. Met too many. Know a lot of rich ones too whose fortunes are questionable.

Some wives/girlfriends use sex/affection to get their husbands or boyfriends to buy things too. Should the law now come in and take those expensive bags/shoes away from them?

• Praise 1

Who is making use of her we don't know right ? The niece or the CTG or the "good friend" ?

Old lady's at a vulnerable position. Whether the intention of the niece is good or not, I don't know. At the very least she expose that man.

Let me summarize what has happened when that man and his family moved into the house. They fired her long time maid and driver. Prevented neighbours and friends from visiting. If anyone find this normal and nothing unusual, then maybe it's just me.

He also constantly took money from her to go on various overseas trips. Started a fictitious company and self-proclaimed he is from various societies which he is not. Use a fake degree too.

Please tell me I am wrong to even suggest this guy is up to no good.

Like I mentioned before previously, her will and lasting power of attorney would have been made BEFORE she was mentally unsound.

If the law can just come in and change what she wanted, then how is that fair to her? Just because she fell ill, the law should suddenly come along and take her money away to donate to charities?

If it can be shown that the will and LPA was forged or she was coerced in some way then I would say there is a case to do so. However, there is currently no evidence suggesting this so the money should rightfully be distributed as the old lady wanted.

Some wives/girlfriends use sex/affection to get their husbands or boyfriends to buy things too. Should the law now come in and take those expensive bags/shoes away from them?

Whether her power of attorney was made when her thinking is clear is debatable. Dementia is not an illness that one can develop all of a sudden. It is over time.

• Praise 3

Old lady's at a vulnerable position. Whether the intention of the niece is good or not, I don't know. At the very least she expose that man.

Let me summarize what has happened when that man and his family moved into the house. They fired her long time maid and driver. Prevented neighbours and friends from visiting. If anyone find this normal and nothing unusual, then maybe it's just me.

He also constantly took money from her to go on various overseas trips. Started a fictitious company and self-proclaimed he is from various societies which he is not. Use a fake degree too.

Please tell me I am wrong to even suggest this guy is up to no good.

Don't get me wrong. I am not disputing that he is a good man. Based on the above facts, it is clear he is up to no good.

However, I still think what the old lady wanted before she lost her mind should prevail. He should, however, be punished for all the fradulent transactions (fake company, fake degree, etc) he has made.

Whether her power of attorney was made when her thinking is clear is debatable. Dementia is not an illness that one can develop all of a sudden. It is over time.

LPA would have be made in front of a witness who would have vouched that she was of sound mind. Yes, you can debate it endlessly, but if no fraud (eg bribery of the witness) can be shown then I'm afraid it will be a pointless debate.

• Praise 1

Don't get me wrong. I am not disputing that he is a good man. Based on the above facts, it is clear he is up to no good.

However, I still think what the old lady wanted before she lost her mind should prevail. He should, however, be punished for all the fradulent transactions (fake company, fake degree, etc) he has made.

We will let the court find out whether the old lady was happy with the man. I doubt anyone will fire their long time maid and driver even if some guy is able to make them happy. Just to speculate, the maid and driver probably are good to the old lady but it is exactly because of that that the PRC fired them.

Anyway, just my speculation. Up to the lawyers to fight it out.

The money belongs to the old lady and she decides how she wants to spend them. Anyway I wasn't inline to be one of the beneficiaries. So, horses continue to run, dance continue to jump. (马照跑,舞照跳)

It will be difficult for the judge to rule against the tour guide if the power of attorney was signed legally. However, what the authority can do now is to clarify on what grounds he was given the PR status. Reason being there are news that the tour guide is using fake credentials to apply for the PR. Hence, it is good for the authority to clarify..

But what happened if the credentials were proven to be fake. Aiyoh, jin jialiat..... how to explain to the people then? Really headache. So the best is act blur. After a while, people may not be interested in the news anymore.

• Praise 5

That's what the niece said mah .. pardon me, are you the niece ? [grin] Not taking sides, just watching the story unfold itself.

Like I said, how the man got his PR or setup his business I don't know even though I support having better ICA enforcement - which they have improved slightly in the past 2 years due to electoral pressure. If you've ever been in a role or job meeting many different people from different business, you will know there are many "tua kang" businessmen in Singapore, AMDK countries or China or Japan everywhere - this is regardless of race, language or religion. I have known businessmen who were conned by so-called trusted nationalities, because they believe amdk go law-by-law, cannot do anything wrong. Having a "tua kang" business card is not illegal as far as I know, but if he had provided a fake certificate to ICA for his PR application, it is.

Talk about tua kang... nobody is more tua kang than the PRCs. Poor or rich... all tua kang. Not saying there aren't any in other nationalities, just that the percentage is much higher in china. It is their way of life to put up a fake front in front of people.

I don't agree business cards with fake info is acceptable. It is the first step to con people.

• Praise 1

I didn't say they are acceptable, I said they are not illegal. But they are everywhere, and to be in business you learn to see through them through cross-references or personal contacts. I don't like to stereotype but I would say those who are not tactical about going about their "tua kang" are the most amateurish, and the professionals will not show it easily.

I don't encounter such people much in my line of work but it does remind me of this joke which most should have read.

Dad: I want u 2 marry a girl of my choice.

Son: No

Dad: The girl is Bill Gate's daughter.

Son: then Ok.

Dad goes o Bill Gates.

Dad: I want your daughter to marry my son.

Bill Gates: No

Dad: My son is the CEO of the World Bank.

Bill Gates: Than ok

Dad goes 2 the President of the World Bank.

Dad:Appoint my son as the CEO of your bank.

President:No

Dad:He is the son-in-law of Bill Gates.

President: Then OK

• Praise 3

Sorry to say the niece will likely loose. The lawyer fees to fight case already cannot tahan. The will is so clear. It's like saying someone want to anull the rights of Borneo Motors to market Toyota. The old lady adore the CTG so supremely she acquired him as personal tour guide for China trip.

• Praise 1

Ok..understand, but the widow is still living right? In that case, just ask them to get out will do. If refuse to get out, poh mata for illegal stay and tresspassing. Why need to go through legal suit to get them out?

U honestly think the police has time for that, thy don't even has a time for toilet pee.

Many PRC has ulterior motives for helping old man/ woman here, heard too much juicy news oredi.

You never encounter people with "manager" title but never manage anything, "director" that doesn't have signing authority, "executive" but is just a sales man, "engineer" but never attended engineering school, "consultant" that has no answers when you consult ? [laugh] Of course, these have become a norm and usually you just don't take much of that to heart.

Last week I just met with someone who told me he knows this and this and this in the gahmen and can help me pull strings with his connections. Now I also know this and this and this in the gahmen for quite a good no. of years, and they are nothing like what he described.

[laugh] [laugh] Reminds me of the CHC case where KH has a name card that states he is the director of some company so that it is easier for him to "negotiate" with people.

Just go register a biz and you can call any title that fancy you. At end of the day, it is dollars and cents that matters.

The best strategy now for the CTG is to drag the court case until the old lady hand over her IC.

I also think there is nothing much the niece can do now. Only create opportunity for evening papers to boost readership.

The MP in Gerald Crescent Hong Gan already lah.

That day Wan bao reported that the widow's neighbour complaint to MP before about the china man.

but MP didn't do anything.

The MP in Gerald Crescent Hong Gan already lah.

That day Wan bao reported that the widow's neighbour complaint to MP before about the china man.

but MP didn't do anything.

MP won't touch their own grassroot members...

let me guess the final outcome. the china man won't be coming back anymore. the wife and children will most likely have bought tickets to return to China. don't think our judicial system has arms long enough to bring him back here to answer the charges.

↡ Advertisement