SG Widow and China Tour Guide Asset Tussle . .. .

Camrysfa

let me guess the final outcome. the china man won't be coming back anymore. the wife and children will most likely have bought tickets to return to China. don't think our judicial system has arms long enough to bring him back here to answer the charges.

What charges? This is a civil case. No criminal prosecution... at least not yet.

↡ Advertisement

let me guess the final outcome. the china man won't be coming back anymore. the wife and children will most likely have bought tickets to return to China. don't think our judicial system has arms long enough to bring him back here to answer the charges.

Whatever he can be charged for he will still stick around here. The most a few years in Changi then enjoy the 40mil.

• Praise 1

The china man doesn't have to come back. Just get a lawyer to do all the paperwork in Singapore when the old lady handover the IC. He has the letter of attorney and hence won't be difficult to get a lawyer to settle all these for him. Just get lawyer from the same circle. We know who there are. With $30M, I am sure not difficult to find one.

The china man doesn't have to come back. Just get a lawyer to do all the paperwork in Singapore when the old lady handover the IC. He has the letter of attorney and hence won't be difficult to get a lawyer to settle all these for him. Just get lawyer from the same circle. We know who there are. With $30M, I am sure not difficult to find one.

If it can be proven that he gave ICA fake documents and they decide to prosecute, he will be considered a fugative if he doesn't come back and the assets can be frozen (including his CPF if any).

What charges? This is a civil case. No criminal prosecution... at least not yet.

meant to say that all info out there seems to be against him. unlikely he will risk coming back to Singapore and fight it out.

Whatever he can be charged for he will still stick around here. The most a few years in Changi then enjoy the 40mil.

doubt so, his case (with fake degree, company and grassroots connections) will put MIW in bad light.

plus he has transferred money back to China over the years, may just quit while he is on a roll

meant to say that all info out there seems to be against him. unlikely he will risk coming back to Singapore and fight it out.

doubt so, his case (with fake degree, company and grassroots connections) will put MIW in bad light.

plus he has transferred money back to China over the years, may just quit while he is on a roll

Hehe, so funny, I thought in China anyone dare to cheat the govt will be fired..... Public firing squad!

SINGAPORE - An 87-year-old widow who owns a $30 million bungalow in Seletar Hills has left everything to a tour guide she met in China in 2008.

This was revealed in a will that was recently discovered by the widow's niece Hedy Mok, who is locked in a legal tussle over control of the elderly woman's estate.

The will, which The Straits Times was given access to, was made by Madam Chung Khin Chun in 2010, two years after meeting Mr Yang Yin while on holiday in Beijing in 2008.

In the will, the widow said she regarded the 40-year-old as a "grandson" and appointed him the sole executor of her estate on her death.

She said she would "bequeath (her bungalow) and all the contents inside, including (her) painting and art collections... to Yang Yin absolutely".

Mr Yang, a Singapore permanent resident, was also given permission to sell the Gerald Crescent house, which is on a 32,000 sq ft compound, and to keep all the proceeds for himself if he cannot get official permission to own the landed home because he is a foreigner.

Madam Mok, 60, said the will was discovered among Madam Chung's personal effects on Tuesday.

Earlier that day, Madam Mok had told Mr Yang's 34-year-old wife to leave the bungalow, where she and their two young children had been living for the last year.

Mr Yang, who moved in with Madam Chung in 2009, was overseas at the time. He is believed to have returned to Singapore but has yet to respond to calls from The Straits Times.

Madam Mok alleges that Mr Yang had taken advantage of her aunt's feelings for him and her state of mind. Madam Chung was diagnosed with dementia this year.

The niece has applied to the court to revoke the Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) given to Mr Yang by the widow.

The LPA hands Mr Yang control over Madam Chung's assets, which are believed to be worth $40 million.

He has yet to respond to the allegations publicly, but his wife said on Tuesday that her husband had been taking care of Madam Chung for the last five years.

According to Madam Mok, a copy of an earlier will made in 2009 was also discovered. This document was also seen by The Straits Times.

In it, the widow wanted to set up a charitable foundation in memory of her husband, Dr Chou Sip King, who died in 2007.

The foundation was to make yearly donations to charities such as the Community Chest of Singapore, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and the Singapore Zoo.

The childless couple were animal lovers, said those who knew them.

There were no provisions for Madam Mok in the earlier will, but Madam Chung left instructions to two lawyers to provide for her long-time friend, Madam Chang Phie Chin, for life.

The 84-year-old Madam Chang, who lived with her friend in the bungalow from 2004 to 2011, had hired Mr Yang as a personal tour guide for them during their trip to China.

She had first met him in 2005 during a trip to Shanghai.

In an affidavit filed with the courts, the former Chinese language teacher has accused Mr Yang of taking advantage of the widow for his own gain.

Madam Mok, who owns a travel agency, told The Straits Times yesterday: "I am talking to my lawyers about the will."

So many wills but no money for the niece in any of them. Looks like she won't get anything no matter what happens. http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/widow-left-40m-assets-tour-guide

The keyword is "challenge" .. not "cheat". No need to go to China to know.

hehe, what I meant was in China, those who commit crimes stand the risk of a public execution by shooting.

Since, this is family forum, I shall not post any video; interested guys can google.

The irony is the CTG might not even face action from ICA....... But yet to see.

As for "challenge", even do that to the mods here is risky, hehe.

SCCCI lodges police report against Chinese tour guide.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/sccci-lodges-police-report-against-chinese-tour-guide-20140908#sthash.eCQkd9bT.dpuf#xtor=CSI-10

Now this is turning into a real police case. What will the police do? Will the ah tiong have the balls to come back and answer the charges?

I think he's back.

But me also think he will hit the road soon.

• Praise 1

SCCCI lodges police report against Chinese tour guide.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/sccci-lodges-police-report-against-chinese-tour-guide-20140908#sthash.eCQkd9bT.dpuf#xtor=CSI-10

Now this is turning into a real police case. What will the police do? Will the ah tiong have the balls to come back and answer the charges?

You know... this guys is shady in so many ways with his fake degree and now this. How the heck did he get a PR?

ICA have to do some serious audits on why characters like these are allowed in.

I think he's back.

But me also think he will hit the road soon.

That's the most likely. At least it ensures he will not come back.

You know... this guys is shady in so many ways with his fake degree and now this. How the heck did he get a PR?

ICA have to do some serious audits on why characters like these are allowed in.

Don't think ICA will come out to answer. They will probably just act blur and wait for things to cool down

Don't think ICA will come out to answer. They will probably just act blur and wait for things to cool down

Let me provide 3 standard answers to choose from

1. Honest mistake. Let's move on

2. It is once in 50 years situation

3. This not fake degree. It is called untrue degree

ICA will be shooting their own foot if nothing is done but sit and wait for things to happen.... :huh:

I wonder how the whistle blower knew ah tiong's degree is fake. :huh: Surely he didn't take out his degree to show people. He didn't need it for job interviews. So how did someone know it was fake?

↡ Advertisement