Drink Driving Is An Act Of Irresponsibility!

Osiris

Drunk Driving  

179 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

The bottom-line is, if you want to drink, go ahead by all means, but make sure you're DEAD SURE that you're sober before even getting back behind the wheel.

Problem is, when you are DEAD DRUNK, iyou may think you are DEAD SURE you are ok...So, I follow what my other friends do. If going out for drink. Take public transport. So drunk, not drunk, still can go back in one piece.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

the pub give out receipt of those keys kept. if lied, no receipt, no case, pub no liability.

Neutral Newbie

i rather not drive at all even if i drunk a little.

just a little alcohol is enough to fail the breath analyser.

we maybe sober enough to drive, but not sufficient to pass the test.

not worth risking it.

Turbocharged

well, rotan maybe a bit too much...

i would suggest:

caught drink driving first time (with no accident):

confiscate car + licence gantung min 5yrs + fine min 10K up to 50K

caught drink driving fist time with accident (no human involved, only damage property):

confiscate car + licence gantung min 5yrs + fine min 20K up to 50K

caught drink driving 2nd offender:

confiscate car + licence gantung min 10yrs + fine min 50K + (court)jail min 6mth up to 1yr

caught drink driving 2nd time with injury/casulty:

confiscate car + licence gantung min 25yrs + fine min 50K up to 100K + (court)jail min 6mth up to 3yrs

i think huge $$$$ fine will reduce the case... [:p]

(edited)

i would suggest:

caught drink driving first time (with no accident):

confiscate car + licence gantung min 5yrs + fine min 10K up to 50K

Bro, i add on ...

caught drink driving first time (with injury/casulty):

confiscate car + licence gantung 15yrs + makan curry rice min 5 yr with 3 strokes of rotan min

caught drink driving fist time with accident (no human involved, only damage property):

confiscate car + licence gantung min 10yrs + fine min 50K + (court)jail min 6mth up to 1yr

confiscate car + licence gantung min 25yrs + fine min 50K up to 100K + (court)jail min 6mth up to 3yrs

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Neutral Newbie

i think there's a group of people who are or if not more dangerous than drunkards trying to drive. at least we can weed out those. it is those who thinks he knows his own limits and drink a little and still say i sober...i'.m still alert. but we never know, do we???

these fellas may be sober but reaction time will already be severely impaired....just like their severely impaired thinking.

"drive dun drink" and "drive but dun drink a lot"...there's a difference.

some actually believe in the latter [hur]

with the recent more cases of drunk driving ah beng lee has make a mistake by delaying the court cases , he should have settle there and then, [laugh]

he was trying to settle it and see if he can dont go jail but now [laugh][laugh]

(edited)

I hope inregardless of commoners or si mi celebrities, all will kena the same music before the law [nod][nod][nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

TRAFFIC accidents involving drink drivers are on the rise again.

It is time that the authorities implemented stricter laws to reduce this. Recently, I was in Japan and learnt there are strict laws on drink driving there.

In pubs, before a customer orders a drink, the bartender will ask if he is driving. If so, the customer must hand over his car keys before he gets a drink. The pub must provide transport to take customers home. ............

What if the customer always bring along a fake sets of car keys [idea]

The Jipunese more honest. Tat's Y can work... Sporean....... where got such things as voluntarily give keys to someone they don't know [whip] who knows later the bartender bring the ride for a ride after work [sly][sly][sly]

Sounds like a good idea, that's why I stop after a few glasses and then drown out with loads of just regular soft drinks / water / tea / non-alcholic stuff.

That's very true. Most people do not know if they're sober enough to drive or not.

That's why I follow the rule that I set out in the previous posting, to always stop way ahead of the time I need to drive home.

Usually, going to most drinking places with friends, the max is one Long Island Tea and one shot of the Chivas stuff.

Then it's on to the chicken wings and loads of water.

It takes me an entire night to finish a Long Island Tea, thus I have the perfect excuse not to have a refill or another drink from someone's offer.

Bro, i share your thoughts [nod][nod][nod]

My practice is also 'Ai Lim Jiu, Mai Hwa Chia, Zer Tek Si Or Bo Lui liao then Zer Ba Si' [:)]

THAT MAKES TWO OF US!!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Bro, i add on ...

caught drink driving first time (with injury/casulty):

confiscate car + licence gantung 15yrs + makan curry rice min 5 yr with 3 strokes of rotan min

Bro i suggest no need to have injury , once drunk driving already potential hazard to the public and driver himself, caught straight away rotan 1 time and licence gantung 2 yrs +car confiscate and jail min 2 yrs. hha after 2 year still stubborn increase the rotan nod.gif

All deceit can be countered by issuing receipt. U give me keys, I give u receipt of your car.

If caught driving, pub has no liability.

The point is make it harder for them to drive. Police enforcement still plays a part.

↡ Advertisement