New MX-5 2016

Eyke

Is this the one that was created as a joint venture with Alfa?

Not joint venture, the car is Mazda's own development. Mazda will be sharing the chassis with Alfa (Alfa will use their own exterior, interior, engine, gearbox)....

Edited by Notsogoodman
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
(edited)

anyone ordering?

Erster-Eindruck-vom-neuen-Mazda-MX-5-644

planning to get it by next year...

Edited by Eyke

Received quotations from a reputable PI:

All 1.5 litre; have not factored in CEVS rebates but inclusive of COE:

Type S 6 speed manual $138,800
Type S Special Package 6 speed manual $146,800
Type S Leather Package 6 speed manual $156,800
Type S Special Package Auto $149,800
Type S Leather Auto $159,800
Saw the Type S Special Package equipment levels; quite fantastic with all the MZD Connect and some other goodies etc.

Considering but not in a hurry. Heard Eurokars is bringing in a 2.0 MX5 later in the year.

Note that the 1.5 MX5 has 131 hp on paper, not dyno tested yet; so i assume it's going to be a Cat B car. If the 2.0 uses the same 14:1 Skyactive G 2.0, then it might have at least 165hp, also Cat B.

Will be interesting to see how Eurokars price this car. I guess levels of equipment, like the Mazdas of late, should be high.

anyone ordering?

Erster-Eindruck-vom-neuen-Mazda-MX-5-644

planning to get it by next year...

Edited by ahboy86

Actually SG dont have the roads where you can enjoy this car.

This car is for long roads with bends and isnt a pocket rocket either.

With traffic getting from bad to worse, i dont think it will be popular.

Saw the Type S Special Package equipment levels; quite fantastic with all the MZD Connect and some other goodies etc.

Considering but not in a hurry. Heard Eurokars is bringing in a 2.0 MX5 later in the year.

Note that the 1.5 MX5 has 131 hp on paper, not dyno tested yet; so i assume it's going to be a Cat B car. If the 2.0 uses the same 14:1 Skyactive G 2.0, then it might have at least 165hp, also Cat B.

Will be interesting to see how Eurokars price this car. I guess levels of equipment, like the Mazdas of late, should be high.

Seeing how Mazda cars are priced locally, I reckon the 2.0L version by AD would be around $185-190k at least assuming COE doesn't fluctuate too much.

Insurance for such cars are always priced at ridiculous premiums. That's why you do not even see much of the current version of the mx-5 on the roads.

I'm looking at BRZ/86 which is around 150 to 160k. Honestly, i will prefer to take those since it is a 2+2, bigger engine and more horsepower. MX-5 1.5 if priced around lower end of 130k should be more attractive to potential buyers.

Insurance for such cars are always priced at ridiculous premiums. That's why you do not even see much of the current version of the mx-5 on the roads.

I was quoted ard 200 to 300 hundred more than a normal car for a 50% ncd. I think the premium is still manageable.

I'm looking at BRZ/86 which is around 150 to 160k. Honestly, i will prefer to take those since it is a 2+2, bigger engine and more horsepower. MX-5 1.5 if priced around lower end of 130k should be more attractive to potential buyers.

If 130k for the 1.5 version, I'd be the first to book now :wub:

Supercharged
(edited)

but colors damn boring, only got red is striking :mellow:

for a supposedly sporty/fun car dunno y they choose such dull colors... [hur]

post-1698-0-74417300-1427278883_thumb.png

Edited by Eyke

If 130k for the 1.5 version, I'd be the first to book now :wub:

130k i must say its really attractive. Cheaper than mazda 6 though difficult to compare...

↡ Advertisement