1 Out of 5 SG Travelers Encountered Spirit & Ghost

Picnic06-Biante15

Hmmmm............. I had experienced some encounters in MY ... [sweatdrop]

Yahoo news: Zuji’s Poll Reveals 1 out of 5 Singaporean Travelers Encountered Spirit and Ghosts!

By Ling Poh Lean | Vulcan Post

Growing up in Asia, I’ve learnt my fair share of traditional superstitions. Singaporeans have quite a few superstitious customs that follow us through our daily lives, and even when we are on holiday! Some Singaporean travellers would do things like knock on the hotel room door before entering or place their sandal in opposite directions to keep unwanted ‘guests’ away.

Well, the recent poll by Zuji Singapore just proved that you have every reason to be worried. According to a poll released on Monday (Sept1), one out of five Singapore-based travelers have encountered ghosts and spirits while travelling. Perhaps our customs don’t work as well as we hoped.

The poll also revealed that 60 per cent of the 1,629 Singapore-based surveyed travelers believe in performing their own rituals when travelling, with 47 per cent saying that they will knock on the door of their hotel room before they enter it. This practice is widely known as a gesture to show respect for spirits that “stay” in the room.

Some 15 per cent of the respondents also found people who are heavily tattooed and pierced bizarre, while 14 per cent considered the local customs, rituals, and festivals as their bizarre sightings while travelling. All these bizarre sightings or activities were mostly found in Asia with Thailand topping the list as most bizarre, followed by Malaysia and Indonesia.

Since Singapore-based travelers are pretty much in love with the jet-setting lifestyle, 43 per cent of the respondants say that their biggest vacation nightmare is flight cancellation. Despite this, only 45 per cent say they will purchase travel insurance, and they will only do so when the insurance is affordable. Second on the list of the vacation woes is when one has an uneasy stomach which need a 24 hour washroom access.

link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/zuji-poll-reveals-1-5-063033281.html

post-21853-0-95324900-1409878214.jpg

post-21853-0-66778800-1409878444.jpg

post-21853-0-96422600-1409878490.jpg

post-21853-0-32191700-1409878509.jpg

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

there is one famous hotel in Taiwan with 2 very big chinese talismans in their main lobby..... [sweatdrop]

don't understand why they put it there?

In Frasier's Hill bungalow, when sleeping, just have that feeling someone was walking around your bed and in & out of the toilet. The toilet door kept opening and closed... :o

My colleague whilst sleeping in the next room, found he was stripped off his pants (left only his underwear) when awake in the morning not on the bed but on the floor. Its happen not only 1 night but for continue 2 nights..... [sweatdrop] . Only on the third night that he could sleep peacefully... :blink:

Zhun bo? I go so many places never had such encounters leh. Oh... I must belong to the other 4 [grin] [grin]

Coz when you enter the room, the ghost thought is kaki lang.... [flowerface]

Edited by Tjkbeluga
  • Praise 1

In Frasier's Hill bungalow, when sleeping, just have that feeling someone was walking around your bed and in & out of the toilet. The toilet door kept opening and closed... :o

My colleague whilst sleeping in the next room, found he was stripped off his pants (left only his underwear) when awake in the morning not on the bed but on the floor. Its happen not only 1 night but for continue 2 nights..... [sweatdrop] . Only on the third night that he could sleep peacefully... :blink:

Your colleague must have got the special service spirit suite. :D

• Praise 2

1 in 5 is too many, probably some imagination of these people think they saw or feel, i also feel extremely cold whenever i stay in a hotel room, i turn the aircon to 30 degree and still feel cold [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

my parents

1. They arrived at off peak weekday on this very ulu resort - checked in. almost entirely empty cos it's a wed/thurs. My parents feel a bit creepy. My mum heard some sound, went out to the balcony. Saw a woman standing on the next unit balcony. Didn't say anything, no greeting. My mother tiam tiam go back in.

Checked with hotel subsequently, the entire level is unoccupied other than them

EDIT: reason why my mum felt the hotel was creepy cos she kept feeling someone pulling her leg during her sleep

2. Was in some hotel in yunnan, my mum put her watch on the bedside desk. She was unpacking and heard a loud sound. the watch had been turned upside down 180 degrees and it had stopped moving.

My dad kept hearing voices/noises at night and couldn't sleep for 1-2 nights (but that could be transmitted sounds). Same hotel, the other tour group member reported that woke up to find a figure standing over the bed.

Edited by Lala81

So far in all my work and holiday trips, touch wood i never kena before.. even at the most ulu corners of Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines..

• Praise 1

So far in all my work and holiday trips, touch wood i never kena before.. even at the most ulu corners of Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines..

You must be one of those heavy sleeper [sleeping] , once on bed won't wake up till morning or alarm bell sounded.... [;)]

Light sleepers will always encounter slighjt movement or sounds ... :huh:

Did he complain of any pain anywhere?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1