MCF Tennis Kakis fall in!

RadX

Not restricted to men, but ladies too as we can share palces we can rally, or call upon one another within MCF if need players, etc.

I start with a profile of myself:

- Keen player and play club and senior level now, old man...haha

- Play NSEW, and can get courts at Sentosa, central, indoors as well.

- 3-4x wk, schedule permitting

See you arnd, and yes, catch up for games of some sort.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Me social player only and Uncle as well!!

Mostly stroke than actual games.

Play Fridays at Burghley 8pm to 10pm, Doubles.

Sometimes Sundays at various condos but depends on availability.

Other sport:

Jogging on Tuesdays MBS to Gardens by the Bay 3 to 4km from 645pm onwards.

Mostly slow jog but feel free to go faster if required.

PM me and will arrange meet up.

This is convenient for the guys working in the Financial district.

Other days except Fridays can also arrange if got like minded kakis. Thanks!

• Praise 7

Me east side. My condo can get court easily on weekend.

I usually plays on Sat afternoon with my nephew and also teaching my sons.

Lately travel a lot and hardly play. Need to de-rust before joining the 'pro'. :D

• Praise 1

My usual schedule, play on Tuesday evening in the East and senior tour on Sunday morning in the west.

Me also uncle , on Sunday senior tour with a friend my age and session with 2 younger boys on Tuesday.

Edited by Civic6228
  • Praise 3

Ok only know those. Basic stoke . Yet to master the viper stroke. Attended s basic lessons and eventually managed to woo a wife. Hahaha anyway that was 7,8. Years ago.

• Praise 1

Interested to pick up to keep fit. Totally never played before though. Boleh?

Same same.

Watched tennis a lot during the Andre Agassi time. Love to watch him play. Dont mind picking it up.

Played badminton, volleyball, basketball and soccer. Currently still playing soccer.

Beginner can hit the ball but dunno the ball end up where

You will be very good at golf then. :D

Radx say catch up for some game, but 4 days after opening this thread, no sound no shadow. Tsktsk

Can go Tennis Tonic if you want to find kakis.

Often, can find those xiao mei mei NTRP 2.5 type, you must hold their arm and waist to teach them how to hit the ball.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Radx say catch up for some game, but 4 days after opening this thread, no sound no shadow. Tsktsk

lol...those who want organise lah.....wah lieu...

yes, there are tennis pages on FB as well as tennis tonic, etc alwes looking for players. Spring mentioned he has his sessions on Friday at Burghley

Same same.

Watched tennis a lot during the Andre Agassi time. Love to watch him play. Dont mind picking it up.

Played badminton, volleyball, basketball and soccer. Currently still playing soccer.

The game has changed so much since the '80s, '90s and early 2000's.

Now everything is about speed and power from the basline and huge topspin. Hardly anybody hits a classic closed-stance forehand any more, it is now all open and semi-open stances and windshield wiper forehands. Well maybe old men like RadX still swing a classic stroke.

Nobody plays serve-and-volley any more.

Want to watch good quality "real" tennis, should go youtube and watch those Becker, Chang, Edberg matches, go further back in time, watch those Connors, McEnroe, Borg also can. That time their forehands still using the continental grip, not applicable today.

Now everything is about speed and power from the basline and huge topspin. Hardly anybody hits a classic closed-stance forehand any more, it is now all open and semi-open stances and windshield wiper forehands. Well maybe old men like RadX still swing a classic stroke.

Want to watch good quality "real" tennis, should go youtube and watch those Becker, Chang, Edberg matches, go further back in time, watch those Connors, McEnroe, Borg also can. That time their forehands still using the continental grip, not applicable today.

eh call me old man...lol. Continental grip, pa ka liao...all strokes also can...lol

yeah, still classical swings and a single backhand, and Edberg was my fav player!!!!

Now of cos, Fed. Sampras along the lines. Nice clean strokes, and uber graceful!

Game now like sledgehammer style, but mind you, some of the old serve-volley coming back. The Full western can really break you with injuries if not done properri

Me no like Michael Chang.

But like McEnroe too. he is a legend!!!

↡ Advertisement