Alert drivers jam on their brakes after toddler dashes...

Mercs

What a close call, thumbs up to the alert driver.

For the parents, please take good care of the kids, can never be too careful!

I see the video, I sweat...

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/alert-drivers-jam-on-their-brakes-after-toddler-dashes-on-to-road-at-ang-mo-kio

Alert drivers jam on their brakes after toddler dashes on to road at Ang Mo Kio

Posted on 07 September 2014 | 5,061 views | 6 comments

More Sharing Services

Stomper Brent and other drivers were forced to jam on their brakes after a toddler dashed onto the road at Ang Mo Kio at 12.38pm today (Sep 9).

The drivers were taken aback as the kid ran onto the road out of the blue, but were alert enough to avoid hitting him.

"I was so worried I kept honking and honking to alert both the kid and other drivers," said Brent.

"I also steered my vehicle to block the car on the second lane from coming closer.

"What a close one," exclaimed the Stomper.

Edited by Mercs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

I think it's nothing new. Kids falling from flats is also another. Sadly every year will get to see this kinda news. Mother go downstairs to buy thing leaving sleeping kid un attended, when kid wakes up cannot find mother climbs out of the window. Parents mostly not locals.

It's always similar story. Children left unattended that cause the tragedy.

The parents should be fined or even given a short jail term. If it's a maid that was responsible, she should be docked her pay and possibly repatriated.

Want to go medieval on drivers' asses? Then do it to pedestrians and others who endanger themselves and others on our roads as well.

• Praise 2

The parents should be fined or even given a short jail term. If it's a maid that was responsible, she should be docked her pay and possibly repatriated.

Want to go medieval on drivers' asses? Then do it to pedestrians and others who endanger themselves and others on our roads as well.

That's true... The drivers should not be made to bear sole responsibity for accidents involving pedestrians when there's sufficient proof it's caused by the other party... Like wise for cyclists...

Edited by Typhoonz
  • Praise 1

The mudder picked up the child nonchalantly......

Bo tai chi.....

I would have asked the MRT unker to meet her and yell at her saying.. I SLAP YOU THEN U KNOW!

WTf is the mother doing!!!!

On her phone?

Should have a law to punish the negligent parents.

Singapore law is always on the pedestrian's side. No matter what!!!! Failure to keep a lookout lor..... drivers always at the losing end.

That's true... The drivers should not be made to bear sole responsibity for accidents involving pedestrians when there's sufficient proof it's caused by the other party... Like wise for cyclists...

• Praise 1

The mudder picked up the child nonchalantly......

Bo tai chi.....

I would have asked the MRT unker to meet her and yell at her saying.. I SLAP YOU THEN U KNOW!

Singapore law is always on the pedestrian's side. No matter what!!!! Failure to keep a lookout lor..... drivers always at the losing end.

Sad but that's true but there should be changes made nonetheless...

Cannot lah. The prison will be full in no time. Gahment got to waste taxpayers' money building more prisons and hire more prison wardens. Not very productive to society or economy. We might end up become like Alcatraz. [laugh]

Alcatraz_Island_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg

I am contemplating starting a Facebook page that posts errant pedestrians causing near accidents or accidents.

Sad but that's true but there should be changes made nonetheless...

WTf is the mother doing!!!!

On her phone?

Should have a law to punish the negligent parents.

What? Fine them? Later they comprain to their MP say not enough money to sent their kids to enrichment class.

Jail them? Later the kids comprain to their MP nobody take care of them. Dan they go take drugs, tattoo all over their bodies, gang fight, vandalise public property etc etc.

You suggest what to do?

This world is filled with good and bad parents. Sometimes we judge other parents and sometimes we c0ck up too. No parent is perfect. Kids have a mind of their own. Some kids the mental state not exactly normal. It's too easy and tempting to judge others.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I am contemplating starting a Facebook page that posts errant pedestrians causing near accidents or accidents.

You should and you post the link here... I'm sure many would support your FB page...

Many of us would have our share of dumb pedestrians...

The thing here that is wrapped is that pedestrians know that no matter what the drivers will get the worst side of the stick when comes to law punishment.

That explains why so many Bo chup and bang me if you can jay walkers or pedestrians talking their own sweet time when the lights already turned red.

It is sad that they have such mentality ......

• Praise 1

The thing here that is wrapped is that pedestrians know that no matter what the drivers will get the worst side of the stick when comes to law punishment.

That explains why so many Bo chup and bang me if you can jay walkers or pedestrians talking their own sweet time when the lights already turned red.

It is sad that they have such mentality ......

Don't worry, we are becoming like India and China, where pedestrians anyhow cross, and cars got to stop, or siam, them.

Major jams everywhere, and what next? More ERP gantries lar. That's how our world class govt solve traffic jam problem wat.

• Praise 1