Man removes large fallen tree branch causing traffic..

Mercs

Such gracious act definitely deserves a mention here.

If the driver is a member here and reading this, double thumbs up to u!

Going out of your way and creating convenience for other drivers.

We need more good and kind drivers like you, thank you!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/get-inspired/kudos-man-removes-large-fallen-tree-branch-causing-traffic-obstruction

Kudos! Man removes large fallen tree branch causing traffic obstruction

Posted on 08 September 2014 | 243 views | 1 comments

More Sharing Services

PHOTO: Video screengrab

A man who moved a large fallen tree branch away from the middle of the road has won praises of netizens for his Samaritan spirit.

In a video posted by Facebook user Paul PK Wong on Sep 6, it showed the driver pulling the tree branch which was obstructing the traffic on a two-lane road.

The video was shared over 60 times and was Liked by over 80 people.

In the video caption, he wrote: "Wanted to drive pass the tree branch, and it was blocking the traffic flow.

"Then decided, why not move it away.

"It took me only a few sec to move it.

"Hope my kids inside the car learn some good values of life from me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

A round of applause for this guy. He can be selfish like those before him but he chose to move the branch away. Good for him.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................In other countries this wun even make pple take a second glance. [sleeping]

They see all just come n help to move the brance so everybody can just continue their journey. [drivingcar]

Here become a big issue????????

Does this say something about Sporeans?????????? [confused]

• Praise 6

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................In other countries this wun even make pple take a second glance. [sleeping]

They see all just come n help to move the brance so everybody can just continue their journey. [drivingcar]

Yes.

Every man for himself.

• Praise 3

Yes.

Every man for himself.

Thats why I see this thread I get a bit sad. [:(]

Not a good sign about the nature of Sporeans.

I go Msia. Any car accident. I see so many pple wil stop to help.

I just back from Desaru. Saw a small car accident. So many cars stop by the roadside to help the old malay woman(maybe the driver?).

Some comfort her. They lean her against her car to rest n put an umbrella to shade her from the sun.

Really I doubt I wil see this on SG. [:/]

Maybe here too efficient. Pple just call ambulance/police n carry on.

Too busy to stop n help? Here seldom see even one car wil stop to help. [confused]

I have been sitting in my fathers car since >40 years ago n driving for >30 yeras.

I still rememeber in the early days. Any accident many cars wil stop n many pple wil come n offer help. Now no chance to see that anymore.

When I was a young boy (>40yrs ago) [blush] , I in my uncle car coming back to SG from Mersing. We skidded n crashed into a river by the sid eof the road.

Immediately so many cars stopped n pple even climbed into the river(very little water flowing [thumbsup] ) to help all of us out onto the road. A kind man (A malay govt officer) offered to ferry us (abt 5 pple) in his car to the hospital for treatment. He waited till we were all treated n then he sent us to the police station to make a police report n helped us to translate our report to the police on duty. Then sent all of us back home in Spore already abt 10pm plus. Then he drove all the way back home to Mersing.

Where wil u see this happening now????? [shakehead]

Edited by Pisces69
  • Praise 4

In SG, saving 2 seconds time is bigger than bullock cart wheel.

Ya I think it has become like that too. [:(]

Or pple prefer just "not to get involved". [:/]

• Praise 1

I thought this act should come naturally?!

If a branch were to block in front of my car, I would do the same thing. If not, how can I continue my car journey?!

I won't post my act in FB, and tell the whole world that hopefully my son will follow me..

I don't think the son is in his FB friend list... So, his intention is merely to get more likes to his post...

Ok, maybe I am narrow minded to think like that. But this is really the 1st thought that came into my mind :D

• Praise 4

Actually there are many types out there as the saying goes one type of rice feed many types of mouth.

You have the JC type. Hundreds of ppl cheering on for that one person to move the branch out of the way.

Dan you have the X-men Cyclops who uses mostly eye power.

My personal fav is the army general type, ordering ppl to move the branch.

And dan there's the what other countries do type, Oh, that's you. Ok...moving on....

I still like the actions of this guy who doesn't say much and move the branch away.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

I thought this act should come naturally?!

If a branch were to block in front of my car, I would do the same thing. If not, how can I continue my car journey?!

I won't post my act in FB, and tell the whole world that hopefully my son will follow me..

I don't think the son is in his FB friend list... So, his intention is merely to get more likes to his post...

Ok, maybe I am narrow minded to think like that. But this is really the 1st thought that came into my mind :D

Ya I also see like he post in FB n praise himself. Hahahahaha. [laugh]

I at first a bit confused. Then I see clearly. He post himself moving the tree branch.

Give up lah. Hahahahaha. [laugh]

• Praise 2

How about taking this incident as lead and do something the next opportunity presents itself?

Individually I can't change the world (or SG) but I think I can change myself.

• Praise 3

Not sure if his video is to show us he's gracious or trying to educate us to be gracious.

I see people doing such things before but did not post video....

Frankly speaking I have more respect for those unsung heroes.

• Praise 4

Funny no one question how tree branches can drop like that n no insurance will cover for it. Is it not wrong selection of species to line the roads?

He is gracious until a branch come down from. The same tree n hurt his kids, then suddenly there is a thin line between graciousness n stupidity.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 9

How about taking this incident as lead and do something the next opportunity presents itself?

Individually I can't change the world (or SG) but I think I can change myself.

I do things like this many times without giving it a second thought.

I helped to push pple in wheelchairs when they lost. I moved debris on the side of the road.

I lent my mobile to pple who needed to make urgent calls n their mobile battery flat.

I gave a few dollars to kids who say they got no bus fare to go home or eat.

These things I just do lah. Maybe I sud have taken a video of myself n posted on FB n praise myself. But wunt I look stupid doing that??? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement