Car choking during hard accelaration

Tanahseng

Anyone can tell me?

As per title, during slow speed accelerate is okay but hard acceleration,

it seems like choking. Thanks friends.

describe your car.

example: age, brand/model, servicing interval, driving pattern (city/highway), etc.

describe your car.

example: age, brand/model, servicing interval, driving pattern (city/highway), etc.

8 years old CRV. Every 10k service once. City.

8 years old CRV. Every 10k service once. City.

i can think of carbon choking. your mileage is high? perhaps due for an overhaul.

another suspect maybe foreign liquid like water inside your fuel tank, or somewhere.

best is to check with your WS during your next servicing.

i can think of carbon choking. your mileage is high? perhaps due for an overhaul.

another suspect maybe foreign liquid like water inside your fuel tank, or somewhere.

best is to check with your WS during your next servicing.

Thanks anyway. Yes i had not bring to WS yet. Thinking of getting some ideas here before going to WS. If not scared kenna sian by them. Not really have knowledge in cars.

there could be thousand and 1 reason for such problem...

1) Fuel contaiminated with foreign liquid (eg water, i kena before, its like what u describe)

2) Fuel pump / fuel filter choke

3) Fuel injection choke

4) sparkplug faulty

5) O2 sensor, MAF mulfunction, causing A/F ratio to haywire ( i kena before, its like what u describe)

thats all i can think of...

Could be maf sensor.

Last time my car also same feeling for weeks then one day I whack pedal to metal and my car got a pop sound and suddenly like gain 20bhp and very fast!

Drive damn shiok until I reach traffic light car died and never able to start again.

In the end tow back to ws to replace the sensor.

Go workshop and plug in the OBD reader.

In my case its misfiring, meaning ignition coil gone. Do note that ignition coil can change individually, though most workshop will ask you to change all 4, since they are slowly breaking down. This is up to your budget.

At the same time can consider changing spark plug, since the coils are already out. Its the same labor cost anyway (~$30 only)

Thanks anyway. Yes i had not bring to WS yet. Thinking of getting some ideas here before going to WS. If not scared kenna sian by them. Not really have knowledge in cars.

Last time older cars have old Distributor. If the timing is too retard, it wil jerk when accelerate.

Now new cars use electronic Distributor all controlled by ECU.

Now cud b........... Spark plugs worn (or wrong type of plugs) n not sparking well. Also Plug cables faulty. Bad spark.

Fuel filter clogged. Fuel pump faulty. Injectors clogged. Not enough fuel going to cylinders.

Air filter dirty. Not enough air to cylinders.

Its either air, fuel or electrical problem.

Also cud b wrong fuel. Too low RON Octane rating.

U can DIY first. Like spray Carb Cleaner into throttle body to clear gunk accumulated along the fuel path. Or a bottle of additive add to petrol tank for a slow remedy.

Or fuel contaminated.

Check if any plug cables R loose.

Maybe need to adjust the valve clearences. Timing belt jumped a notch or two.

These r the main things I can think of now.

Also try to do a "soft" reset of yr ECU by disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours then connect back for it to return to factory settings.

Oh also maybe one of yr rubber vacuum hoses have a small leak n air is getting in to confuse the settings. Old rubber tends to become brittle n develop cracks.

Edited by Pisces69

Neutral Newbie

This is Sounds like something an ignition problem. it is exist more when it's humid out? If so, replace the its ignition wires, and distributor cap

Might want to check if there are any vacuum leak. That will mess up the AFR, resulting in choking as the rpm increases. At times, the idling will also be affected.