Oil filters

Trusty

Why don't you just buy the original one for your car from the stockist? Getting brands like mobil may cost more and I don't think they're that easy to find on your own unless you go to a workshop.

• Praise 3

Try Amazon for Mann filter.

I get it from there, both oil and aircon filter.

Free shipping to SG too.

have never bought anything via amazon.

i remember the shipping needs 3pl ? i usually use ebay cause more friendly and easy

i remember the shipping needs 3pl ? i usually use ebay cause more friendly and easy

Then u r missing out on a lot of good buys.

I have bought air/oil/aircon filters a few times from Amazon.... make sure free shipping (if sold by Amazon). No issues - always fit nicely. Even the ignition coils are very cheap, esp for VW group.

Main thing is plan ahead and buy a few weeks before you service you car, and perhaps even buy some spares for possible other needs. I keep a few ignition coils as the car is >100K and likely the coils will start to fail soon. Here buy one, Amazon can buy 3 with same amount.

• Praise 5

very frustrating to use amazon. most of the items i tried to find does not ship to singapore. its a waste of my time trying to buy from there...

very frustrating to use amazon. most of the items i tried to find does not ship to singapore. its a waste of my time trying to buy from there...

check the box for Amazon global eligible to filter out those products that cannot be shipped....

check the box for Amazon global eligible to filter out those products that cannot be shipped....

i give up. i ended up just buying oem from stockist.

mann oos from filtec/kee beng. but half the oem price which is very cheap!

I believe most cars oil filters sold at auto parts shops do not cost a bomb. Why bother with a little price differences, unless you buying for a fleet of cars. [lipsrsealed]

How do u know I do not have? I do have a few vehicles.

So many things to buy there. Oil, oil filter, air filter, etc. the savings is substantial, esp with free shipping to sg.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Nowdays saw lots of after market brands like Sakura, Amp and so on,

Are they ok to use?

depends if they are the original oem maker (as in original filter is by that brand), or cheong oems

the filter material filtration capacity and holding capacity will be definitely not as good as originals

• Praise 1

Thats why i give it a miss, Some workshops are also not using kia original oil filters So please beware even though they tell you otherwise

depends if they are the original oem maker (as in original filter is by that brand), or cheong oems

the filter material filtration capacity and holding capacity will be definitely not as good as originals

Some WS use aftermarket fliters to save cost for themselves, not you.

sorry noob qn: how oil filter makes a diff? [confused]

normally for servicing, isn't the oil filter provided by the ws?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2