Fatal Accident at Tampines

Stooky

A 57-year old man died on Monday after he was hit by a car at the junction of Tampines Street 11 and Tampines Ave 2.

It is believed that the man was standing at the traffic junction when he was hit by a Kia car. The driver of the car apparently lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the traffic light along Tampines Street 11, outside the Church of the Holy Trinity.

The traffic light was smashed from the impact, and the deceased, who was waiting at the junction, was apparently flung onto the road.

The car also hit two other vehicles - a van and a taxi - after it swerved and stopped on another lane.

ikzLjQt.jpg

512mQbt.jpg

Pictures from hardwarezone

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Got sport rims , bbk , stickers , sideskirts......guilty unless proven innocent liao.

RIP to the deceased.

Edited by F355
  • Praise 6

RIP.

If he was standing behind a tree, it would be a different outcome.

If one were to cross the road, the last place he'll probably stand is behind that tree...

• Praise 3

Got sport rims , bbk , stickers , sideskirts......guilty unless proven innocent liao.

RIP to the deceased.

BBK or Brembo Calliper Cover? I don't think bbk companies make bbks for Kia.

I think the article could have been written better. Seriously Kia Car?

• Praise 2

RIP to the deceased.

If that was you behind the wheel, would you want to be presumed "Guilty until proven innocent?"

the term "Equal Protection of the Laws" applies to all parties, not to be swayed by public opinion.

• Praise 2

BBK or Brembo Calliper Cover? I don't think bbk companies make bbks for Kia.

I think the article could have been written better. Seriously Kia Car?

Likely to be just a cover. I guess that red caliper cover didn't helped the Kia Cerato(?) at all.

Anyway, RIP.

Edited by Holdenutessv

Sympathies to the family. What a horrible thing to happen. Sending care n support their way.

We shouldn't speculate on cause without info...innocent until shown otherwise

This is horrible. I wonder what happened. I have never seen 2 traffic lights get hit and land on the road.

RIP to the man standing at the junction.

Wow, a scary thought just comes to mind.

• Praise 1

base on my observation on the crime scene, the accident was due to high speed on the ordinary street, lousy tires, lost control of the speeding car, crashed onto a stationary traffic signal light and chain accident.

guys, drive safe and keep to your speed limits.

10616263_10204146144427076_7994579546643

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

base on my observation on the crime scene, the accident was due to high speed on the ordinary street, lousy tires, lost control of the speeding car, crashed onto a stationary traffic signal light and chain accident.

guys, drive safe and keep to your speed limits.

10616263_10204146144427076_7994579546643

U forgot to mention the most impt cause.... Reckless evo wannabe dickhead driver that deserves to die instead of the innocent man. It has nothing to do with the car or road condition. It's the driver behind it. RIP. Edited by TJX
  • Praise 4

If one were to cross the road, the last place he'll probably stand is behind that tree...

I always look for the nearest tree (if available) to stand behind if I'm waiting near a pedestrian crossing.

• Praise 1

I always look for the nearest tree (if available) to stand behind if I'm waiting near a pedestrian crossing.

But sometimes won't really know where the car can appear from.

From this case, the cerato definitely not from the direction it's facing as in the photo.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1