PS4 or XBox One

NightWind

PS4 or XBox One  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick your preferred console

• PS4
    • XBox One

I usually don't recommend trade in of old consoles cos I believe in replay value. I sometimes do switch back to my ps2 to replay older games.

But that's just me.

↡ Advertisement

Sure, I completed last of us in ps3 least 3x...

Will get tis game 2nd hand just to play again on e new ps4..

It's that addictive n e.story telling is awesome.

We have a squad of bf4 players.. always looking got new recruits play for fun..

I usually don't recommend trade in of old consoles cos I believe in replay value. I sometimes do switch back to my ps2 to replay older games.

But that's just me.

Sony have this cloud gaming where u can replay classic old games on next gen for a fee...

Still not tt stable yet n expensive ... for me no space to keep la.. and electronics stuff always need to on it once a while. If not sure up lorry

Sure, I completed last of us in ps3 least 3x...

Will get tis game 2nd hand just to play again on e new ps4..

It's that addictive n e.story telling is awesome.

We have a squad of bf4 players.. always looking got new recruits play for fun..

Sony have this cloud gaming where u can replay classic old games on next gen for a fee...

Still not tt stable yet n expensive ... for me no space to keep la.. and electronics stuff always need to on it once a while. If not sure up lorry

Like I said it's just me. I prefer the nostalgia feel of old stuff.

Cloud based programmes like citrix take some time to stabilize so I presumed it's the same for gaming. But I'm sure it'll be an experience in the future.

sell it and upgrade lah

i sold my ps3 and games for $300. Top up another $400 to get the PS4. Worth it if it can last me for another 5 yrs like the PS3.

playing last of us now. And Fifa 15 when released next week

I'm keen to play BF4 but no time to play so much haha

i'll PM u my nick

trade in at shops damn lousy price. offer me $120 for console and $2 to $20 for games

i sold my whole set via hardwarezone for $300 (posted an ad in MCF marketplace too)

guess price sucks, i also trying to sell online

Wow I just logged back in and if MCF members are a accurate representation of the rest of Singapore, RIP XBOX One. Looking at the latest poll resuts (100% fer PS4 and 0% fer Xbox One) I am quite glad I did not pre-order the Xbox One

I think on launch day we can hear the crickets singing at the Xbox One booth lol

But seriously, I expected a luke warm reception but this looks dismal. Of cause it does not help that there are news reports that there are NOISE issues with the Xbox One console prompting Microsoft to offer free replacements.

Dear Dfx as you are the only person here so far who actually owns and played both Xbox One and PS4 can you share with the bros here a more balanced comparison of the 2 consoles?

THANK YOU :)

I got both ps4 and xbox one
Imo, if it's for yourself get the ps4
If it's for kids get the xbox one
As of now there is more games available for ps4
I didn't try route the xbox hdmi to scv box so no comment on that

Wow I just logged back in and if MCF members are a accurate representation of the rest of Singapore, RIP XBOX One. Looking at the latest poll resuts (100% fer PS4 and 0% fer Xbox One) I am quite glad I did not pre-order the Xbox One

I think on launch day we can hear the crickets singing at the Xbox One booth lol

But seriously, I expected a luke warm reception but this looks dismal. Of cause it does not help that there are news reports that there are NOISE issues with the Xbox One console prompting Microsoft to offer free replacements.

Dear Dfx as you are the only person here so far who actually owns and played both Xbox One and PS4 can you share with the bros here a more balanced comparison of the 2 consoles?

THANK YOU :)

Apology I can't help advise much since both console only played by my son 8 yr old

Son spend more time with xbox one then ps4, ps4 games IMO is more for those teen to adult whereas xbox one are more for kid to teen, I also have wii-u but wii-u games is dying but they still do have many cute games made for kid

How should I say, wii-u probably a more family console where u and family can all play together in the same game, xbox one also but not as much as wii-u, but ps4 game are more for individual

As for graphic, xbox one and ps4 look equally good in 50" tv but not for wii-u

let me know how much please......kum siah many many

my boy habe not return my sms....all i know is they trade in at a shop in jurong point and they want to see the condition of the ps3 first. Maybe can get better price if u sell online like other mcf bros mentioned.

Microsoft, IMO, got its strategy wrong. XBoxOne was touted more of an multimedia hub, ideal for one who attempts to multi-task; integrating games, media streaming, live TV and Skype under one console.

PS4 is a much simpler proposition. It's designed for serious gamers and for me, the superior technical specifications (particularly graphics performance) won me over.

P.S.

On a personal note, I was victim of earlier versions of Xbox's Red Ring of Death (linked to a power supply issue) and XboxOne persistence in having that brick power adaptor simply invokes bad memories.

You are right ICU, MS strategy is all over the place. Not only did they enter the market very late, although they market XBox one as a multi-media HTS, it simply fails to deliver as a diverse media hub.

I have been reading the reviews and there are many restrictions on playing back and simply ripping and sharing files. RMVB and MKV & CHD files cannot be directly played. Also MP3 files cannot be ripped (my old PS3 allows me to do this)?

My US gaming friends also complain that many basic features like the app for playing Bluray and DVDs are not included and packaged when they startup the console out of the box. They need to go online and dl the app so that means if you pop in a bluray disk when you take the console straight out of the box, it simply wont play!!!

And many of the advertised features of XBox One simply wont work here in asia e.g. netflix & hulu, live tv, hdmi input via settop box, One Guide etc. So we end up paying fer a ton of features we CANNOT use????

So what happens if i dont have a internet connection at home? Perhaps these are old issues in the US which MS may have fixed 9 months on in the coming launch in Singapore.

I've a talked over with some of my friends working in the industry and I asked them about this topic.

Their response is whether Xbone is better than ps4 doesn't matter, the fact is MS made a strategic error one their console and now they are paying dearly for it.

First they release the console almost a year too late and PS4 already had a good head start. Second is the retail orders in terms of xbone was "pretty low" and and MS already forecast a low year.

Second, their console was not game focus and the Xbox dev team focus too much on locally added features that were not relevant outside US. Their consoles price were not as competitive and they force users to be online when play games, regardless if you are going online or not.

Third, they deem SG market too small to give a hoot, Plus the fact that now sony's SCEI has a new marketing team in SG and they are very aggressive, industry players did not feel much confidence in xbone.

They won't be surprise if MS decided to give the xbone an early retirment (like the 1st Xbox) if things continue to slide down. Japan's launch is a disaster and sales in the US continue to slide.

Hope these "insider's perspective" info helps.

• Praise 1

You hit the nail on the head Pocus. Bad Strategy, Late Entry, Un-Competetive pricing (comeon they cant price this at par with PS4 after all the muck ups), bad apps that are geared only for US/UK market, Forcing gamers to pay to game, noisy console, need to have internet to "update" basic functions like bluray/dvd play, retarded multi-media reading (cannot rip mp3, or play RMVB, MKV files).....the list goes on and on.

And they continue to put the same adverts they have in the US/UK market, here in Singapore when half the functions simply dont work!!!

And the local media is also pushing this to the masses here hook, line and sinker. :(

I wont be getting the XBox One, in fact i decided that before i started this poll but kept my views private as i did not wana affect the objectivity of the poll and influence its results, but its very obvious what the local flavour here is. Thks fer the feedback bro.

I've a talked over with some of my friends working in the industry and I asked them about this topic.

Their response is whether Xbone is better than ps4 doesn't matter, the fact is MS made a strategic error one their console and now they are paying dearly for it.

First they release the console almost a year too late and PS4 already had a good head start. Second is the retail orders in terms of xbone was "pretty low" and and MS already forecast a low year.

Second, their console was not game focus and the Xbox dev team focus too much on locally added features that were not relevant outside US. Their consoles price were not as competitive and they force users to be online when play games, regardless if you are going online or not.

Third, they deem SG market too small to give a hoot, Plus the fact that now sony's SCEI has a new marketing team in SG and they are very aggressive, industry players did not feel much confidence in xbone.

They won't be surprise if MS decided to give the xbone an early retirment (like the 1st Xbox) if things continue to slide down. Japan's launch is a disaster and sales in the US continue to slide.

Hope these "insider's perspective" info helps.

From bad to worse, I feel sorry fer the chaps who pre-ordered in china.

Microsoft Delays Xbox One's Launch In China

Microsoft Microsoft has waited until practically the last possible minute to delay the launch of the Xbox One in China, originally slated to be released this Tuesday, September 23rd. Now they’re saying it will be out in the country before the end of the year, though they’re rather unclear about the reasons behind the delay.

“At Xbox, we pride ourselves on delivering first-rate gaming and entertainment experiences, and to allow us to deliver on that promise, we need to reschedule the launch of Xbox One,” a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon. “Working with our partner, BesTV, we look forward to launching in China by the end of this year.”

That’s essentially nonsense PR jargon, and it’s essentially opened the door for all kinds of speculation as to why the launch has been delayed. Many will point to the recent news that the Xbox One arrive in Japan with a thud, selling 23,562 units its first four days. The Xbox has not historically sold great in Japan, but even past iterations have done better than that. The 360 sold 62,135 units in two days after launch in Japan, while the original Xbox moved 123,929 its opening weekend.

This argument is countered by those referencing unconfirmed reports that the Xbox One had 100,000 preorders in China ahead of launch. Still, given Japan’s population of 127M compared to China’s 1.35B, that may not be the best argument for Chinese interest when you look at both numbers.

I think it likely have less to do with Microsoft fearing the Asian market in general, and more about the complications of a China-specific launch. The country just ended a ban on console sales that lasted well over a decade. China has an enormous, notorious video game black market full of cheap, cracked systems. The complications with being the first new console to launch in China in eons has likely made Microsoft realize they need to figure a few more things out. Still, it’s strange that the delay was announced literally three days away from the supposed launch, meaning something rather big must have come up rather quickly.

Worldwide, from the last available data, the Xbox One at 5.1M units sold lags behind both Nintendo's Nintendo's Wii U (6.68M with a year’s head start) and Sony's Sony's PS4 (10M). Their sales ratios are more balanced in America, which has always had a soft spot for Xbox, but skewed elsewhere in the world, particularly in the Asian and European markets where it’s launched. Premiering in China before Sony’s PS4 was going to be a way to balance the scales a little bit, even if that only meant adding a few hundred thousand sales off the bat. The PS4 will also make it to China eventually, but there’s no release date set for that yet.

For now, the Xbox One launch is in limbo, with those who pre-ordered the console in China will receive a special “bonus gift” for their trouble. Look for more on the new release date once Microsoft figures out their launch issues.

my boy habe not return my sms....all i know is they trade in at a shop in jurong point and they want to see the condition of the ps3 first. Maybe can get better price if u sell online like other mcf bros mentioned.

ok thank you....

MAY i know which shops sell PS4 at a good price?

i think prices are more or less the same in local shops

some that i see:

console with one controller: $619

console bundle with game and controller: $659

buy the console with one controller at $639 and get another game ($60 to $90) and the shop will throw in another controller for you

Edited by Wyfitms

I see. The basic set cost $619. Wait for price to drop?

i think prices are more or less the same in local shops

some that i see:

console with one controller: $619

console bundle with game and controller: $659

buy the console with one controller at $639 and get another game ($60 to $90) and the shop will throw in another controller for you

I see. The basic set cost $619. Wait for price to drop?

the price has been the same more or less since launch last year

dont think sony is under the pressure to drop much. maybe another $20?

to me, i am selling my ps3, so waiting longer would mean greater depreciation of my older console

↡ Advertisement