Other interesting things on overseas trips

Super7

Besides shopping, eating, sightseeing, etc, what other interesting things you have discovered on your trips?

Some friends do cars-spotting, it can be spotting exotic, supercars, or rare models.

Or pick another tourist and guess his or her nationality before you hear he speaks.

Sometimes when wife or gf is busy shopping, we men have to kill time while waiting outside the shops

I tried pickpockets-spotting in busy train stations, market places in Europe where the cities are notorious for these pickpockets.

So far have spotted a few suspects, but no luck seeing them in actual actions. Maybe they are so good, my eyes were too slow to catch their actions!!?

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

In an overseas trip, everything is interesting, isn't it? Or else why we need to travel overseas to find it...leh?

• Praise 1

In an overseas trip, everything is interesting, isn't it? Or else why we need to travel overseas to find it...leh?

yes, that's very true... but don't know why people still glue to their mobile phones when oversea instead of enjoying the real world there. maybe they enjoy the feel more than the sight.

• Praise 2

No leh, the crowds I met during tours in China are not so interesting :-(

Edited by Super7

yes, that's very true... but don't know why people still glue to their mobile phones when oversea instead of enjoying the real world there. maybe they enjoy the feel more than the sight.

Maybe one day hp will be banned in top tourist spots except for taking photos??

Moon is rounder and grass is greener at others country....

• Praise 2

Supercharged

No leh, the crowds I met during tours in China are not so interesting :-(

As long as what you saw overseas isn't the same here, or its something you saw for the first time, it is considered interesting.

Crowds in China tours, and the PRC crowd in SG aren't the same meh?

Supercharged

Moon is rounder and grass is greener at others country....

That's why lah.... surely there must be something interesting there to see, if not no one will go there. [laugh]

As long as what you saw overseas isn't the same here, or its something you saw for the first time, it is considered interesting.

Crowds in China tours, and the PRC crowd in SG aren't the same meh?

Doesn't matter prc crowds in China and here are same or not, both are not interesting 喽!

Actually, getting lost is sometimes the best part of an overseas trip.

I find the best cafes, restaurants and sceneries on places off the map.

Agree

Such accidental, surprise discoveries can be interesting and exciting!! And the "adventure" of eventually finding our way back after wandering off, or losing the way, is an interesting experience especially we dont end up missing our train or plane.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Agree

Such accidental, surprise discoveries can be interesting and exciting!! And the "adventure" of eventually finding our way back after wandering off, or losing the way, is an interesting experience especially we dont end up missing our train or plane.

Getting lost is interesting and exciting! Tot it should be scary...instead. [sweatdrop]

Getting lost is interesting and exciting! Tot it should be scary...instead. [sweatdrop]

Getting lost overseas is OK if u r where u still feel safe.

If u in a dark n dangerous part of town, then just get the hell out of there.

Hahahaha. [laugh]

When I am overseas I like to observe pple. [sunny]

I find it interesting noting the different character of the pple. Can also learn something about that country n how I sud behave while Im there. [hur]

Of course "Bird Watching" is also one of my favourite pastimes. [sly]

Agree

Just dun get pickpocketed or robbed only.

Then come back hotel sure [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

I thought most interesting thing in going overseas is to experience whole new feeling of integrating into their society like going to japan and korea, that we should learn to adapt to their culture such as bowing.

I did that and try to fit myself into their culture

Of course getting lost is fun but most of the times its scary especially if u lost ur tour group haha

I thought most interesting thing in going overseas is to experience whole new feeling of integrating into their society like going to japan and korea, that we should learn to adapt to their culture such as bowing.

I did that and try to fit myself into their culture

Of course getting lost is fun but most of the times its scary especially if u lost ur tour group haha

↡ Advertisement