HELP! Upstairs neighbour causing sleepness nights

Limxiaoming

If one looking to buy house, how to make sure one will not face noisy/irritating neighbour from upstairs?

Buy topmost flat lor like what I always tell my wife but she scare rainwater leak and think home will be hot like oven during afternoon. Haiz!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

China Construction Bank? :XD:

Colonial Class Bungalow hehehe

Buy topmost flat lor like what I always tell my wife but she scare rainwater leak and think home will be hot like oven during afternoon. Haiz!!

I worry lift breakdown

My place lift ever broke down, theres one time issue with alarm and lift auto shut off for 2-3 times in a week.

Heng i stay low floor, those stay on top hehe

And also got one relatives stay penthouse above 20 storeys, wind so strong until he replaced glass wardrobes twice haha

What your wife say is the truth!!! I staying top floor.

Stay top floor but knn downstairs open party till wee morning. No music but ppl downstairs chatting loud loud at the window.  [furious] It all those FT kind. Every few months change tenant, new tenant open party. Had PRC, Myanmar and currently Pinoy. [:|]

What your wife say is the truth!!! I staying top floor.

Stay top floor but knn downstairs open party till wee morning. No music but ppl downstairs chatting loud loud at the window.  [furious] It all those FT kind. Every few months change tenant, new tenant open party. Had PRC, Myanmar and currently Pinoy. [:|]

alamak! spray water mist lah . . . like what I do when the guy below smokes . . . sure curse and stop smoking.

if cannot then turn your sub woofer and face downwards on floor and play low frequency tone . . they sure kena siongh siong one . . . dun say I teach you okay?  [laugh]

Extending quiet time by 1½ hours among recommendations to tackle neighbourhood noise in Singapore

SINGAPORE - Neighbourhoods around Singapore could soon enjoy an extra 1½ hours of quiet each day, with a designated agency in place to ensure rules are enforced.

After a six-month-long consultation exercise, the Community Advisory Panel on Neighbourhood Noise on Saturday issued its recommendations for tackling neighbourhood noise, with the main proposal being a new silent period of 10pm to 8am.

Currently, the silent period is from 10.30pm to 7am. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/extending-quiet-time-by-15-hours-among-recommendations-to-tackle-neighbourhood-noise

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

Extending quiet time by 1½ hours among recommendations to tackle neighbourhood noise in Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/extending-quiet-time-by-15-hours-among-recommendations-to-tackle-neighbourhood-noise

Recommendation only. Neighbour noise disputes never able to resolve, since most people are default nuisance and never able to change their attitude. I think unless the authority implements fines penalty, maybe people would scare. All those mediation etc all useless.

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Blueray said:

I more keen to know what is this designated agency and how are they going to ENFORCE the whatever rules........

machiam talk until got dragon got phoenix siah.......

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

I more keen to know what is this designated agency and how are they going to ENFORCE the whatever rules........

Coming soon🤭

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

sorlee, my england no good, this agency is just to ENSURE the rules are enforced niah, not like it is going to enforce the rules..... wahahahaha..

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Ahwhye said:

As usual, all talk and talk only. But never able to resolve anything at all. 🙄

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Blueray said:

When this is in place, will those cases like those crazy people everyday early morning slam metal gates, play loud music at night, etc. type, be taken to task or not leh?

Use Fengshui, my neighbor used to be damn bad putting all the rubbish near to my gate. After some unhappy exchange with the wife, she mentioned it is the management's duties to collect them daily. I told her, the daily collection is outside and the inside one is weekly. She should send those items need to be collected daily outside just like we do. And she does not listen. I also told her, your kids play around here, they will soon get sick if you keep doing this. No avail.

When one day I decided to get some plants and block them out, after blocking them, they turn to behave. Very funny. But it is like Fengshui. Though I am not a Fengshui master. But placing the thing there makes them change I suppose. It is like saying to them. FO, I want to block you away. Haha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 hours ago, 13177 said:

Recommendation only. Neighbour noise disputes never able to resolve, since most people are default nuisance and never able to change their attitude. I think unless the authority implements fines penalty, maybe people would scare. All those mediation etc all useless.

problem must be bad enough that they need to have some measures.

at least they are recommending and govt is responding.

hopefully not another

"we are closely monitoring the situation"

outcome.

Supersonic

Neighbours noise disputes difficult to resolve no matter what they do. If disputes can only be resolved when the matter bring up until the CDRT or even court, already wasted lots of time and effort liao.

I don't understand why they cannot impose fines or even jail term on neighbours noise disputes?

• Haha! 1