HELP! Upstairs neighbour causing sleepness nights

Limxiaoming

Brings a smile to my face. My new flat at top floor; #40.

Hope the roof is solidly waterproofed….and the insulation is working fine…else got水got火.. :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Lousy advise. Police will surely track you will be the one in trouble. The officers sent will be from the same station and if I get sent on a stupid wild goose chase more than once, you think I won't complain?

It may sound lousy n of course they know who report but these r just suggestions.

Actually, loud noises after 10pm (iirc) can report police cos I've done that bfore n I state the same situation n it does work. N the noise was cmg fm next block somemore.

Once a couple was quarrelling until very loud n someone also notify police.

Take bamboo pole and start stabbing the ceiling when they start.

Actually does this work??

I won't cos damage my own ceiling.

Someone of the creative juices exhibited by my neighbour including putting up notices in lift.

Hope the roof is solidly waterproofed.and the insulation is working fineelse got水got火.. :D

Roof leak, claim directly from Hdb.

No need to quarrel with the neighbor ontop for repairs bills.

Our leaders said, we must embrace them. [smallcry]

I have same problem. A Pinoy family with children stays upstairs. Rents out rooms to other Pinoys. I reported to HDB, saying suspect over-crowding. HDB must have paid them a visit. Even a simple visit from HDB will teach these people to behave. Simply a visit from some sort of authority will scare them a bit. However, HDB did say that it is very difficult to catch them red-handed as not all tenants will be around at same time due to shift work. Furthermore, the residents can always claim that some in the house are simply 'visiting'.

I have gone upstairs to confront them many times. The dragging of furniture, walking around with shoes (suspect no one keeps the house clean, hence the shoes), slamming of doors go on at all hours as some go to work and others come home at all odd hours.

It is a fine line as to how much to push the issue as they are upstairs tenants. There are a lot of other things they can do to piss the downstairs residents off : hanging wet mop, laundry, dragging and knocking at all hours, etc. These foreigners are simply not used and conditioned to our compact, high density, high-rise living.

Grrrrr. Unfortunately we simply have to live with these foreigners and their mentality.

• Praise 1

Just being sarcastic in my post lah.

Yes, they do help locals but only sometimes. I remember an old neighbour with a daughter who is deaf going to see their MP asking her for help getting a job for her due to her handicap. End up, not a single word. No follow up. No letter. No phone calls. No nothing.

Think maybe the MP arrowed 1 of the RC people to follow up but got lost in the mess of ding-dongs.

Sometimes they need reminder also, especially since the people helping out in RCs also have their own agendas [sly]

I have same problem. A Pinoy family with children stays upstairs. Rents out rooms to other Pinoys. I reported to HDB, saying suspect over-crowding. HDB must have paid them a visit. Even a simple visit from HDB will teach these people to behave. Simply a visit from some sort of authority will scare them a bit. However, HDB did say that it is very difficult to catch them red-handed as not all tenants will be around at same time due to shift work. Furthermore, the residents can always claim that some in the house are simply 'visiting'.

I have gone upstairs to confront them many times. The dragging of furniture, walking around with shoes (suspect no one keeps the house clean, hence the shoes), slamming of doors go on at all hours as some go to work and others come home at all odd hours.

It is a fine line as to how much to push the issue as they are upstairs tenants. There are a lot of other things they can do to piss the downstairs residents off : hanging wet mop, laundry, dragging and knocking at all hours, etc. These foreigners are simply not used and conditioned to our compact, high density, high-rise living.

Grrrrr. Unfortunately we simply have to live with these foreigners and their mentality.

Most, not all, are not used to high rise living. to them, they never consider such actions of theirs will directly affect their neighbors downstairs.

Hehe. why not talk/pakate to the neighbour staying above them and let them have a taste of their own medicine? [sly]

• Praise 3

Last year I did the same to my neighbor and it really works [bounce2]

my neighbor is a poly lecturer, supposed to be well educated [thumbsdown]

Having good education has absolutely nothing to do with being correctly morally educated...

• Praise 3

my parents flat on the third floor ... every night for the past few years same thing ... before the children became independent it was still not so bad ... but when the kids grew up, things got worse. My mom also went on "house visit" and they apologized and said they will keep their kids in check ... but things continued. So now the ceiling in my parent's kitchen is fill will pole marks ... my mom will just use the bamboo pole and poke n the ceiling when upstairs is making too much noise.

as for myself, i have moved out ... to the 12th floor of a 12 story flat.

• Praise 2

my parents flat on the third floor ... every night for the past few years same thing ... before the children became independent it was still not so bad ... but when the kids grew up, things got worse. My mom also went on "house visit" and they apologized and said they will keep their kids in check ... but things continued. So now the ceiling in my parent's kitchen is fill will pole marks ... my mom will just use the bamboo pole and poke n the ceiling when upstairs is making too much noise.

Bro, tell your mom it is not useful to knock the ceiling when they are making too much noise.

If you want to retaliate, the best time is when they are quiet (studying or sleeping).

• Praise 2

Bro, tell your mom it is not useful to knock the ceiling when they are making too much noise.

If you want to retaliate, the best time is when they are quiet (studying or sleeping).

we just want to tell them to keep it down ...

The house haunted?

There were rumours of it just after an elderly couple from HK moved out.

Had on 2 occasions been hit by ghost-on-top eerie sensations, could not move and call out although I know I'm awake. Had to struggle to mumble some Buddhist chant before I could move. Serious!

Bamboo pole too light and no impact. Before mallet, I used to use my barbell long bar, you know those chrome type? That one power but ceiling will chip off a bit if use too much force knocking. Im using Daiso mallet now.

• Praise 1

Reliability of the lifts will b important

This is secondary.

I had plans to make good friends with the neighbors at lower floors so when the lift breaks down, I have a place to sit for a while.

• Praise 2

This is secondary.

I had plans to make good friends with the neighbors at lower floors so when the lift breaks down, I have a place to sit for a while.

just be careful your partner don't jio jio you to go for staycation [sweatdrop]

i hate to say this but truth is life here is dependent on rules of the jungle.

Govt only interested in money.

Not much welfare as you can see we are not even a welfare state.

So if your relative is or appears to be dangerous ,unreasonable ,overwhelmingly dominant in that area,it helps.

They will start to listen to your relative.

• Praise 1

This is secondary.

Aiyo. Why so opportunistic?

Make friends to sit at people's house in case of lift breakdown? Anyway. how often do lifts breakdown?

↡ Advertisement