Any recommendation for convection microware oven?

Mysportwish

hello

anyone got good recommendation for convection microware oven?

how is Panasonic NN-CD997? forum review not so good though

thanks for sharing advices

↡ Advertisement

I've heard of a convection oven , which uses heat to cook ; and a microwave oven , which uses waves to cook ; but have never heard of a convection microwave oven.

my experience with it is that it sucked. the microwave smells of oil that comes from the element.

and when you use the oven, the splatter when you cook with microwave now fumes the house.

• Praise 2

I've been using Samsung Trio for the longest time.

No problem with it.

Microwave, convection and grill 3-in-1.

For cleaning, it has steam cleaning function, or you can just put a small glass of water and microwave it.

For food stuck on the grill, you can steam and followed up with vinegar or baking soda solution to clean up.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

For space saving, these combom oven are good. I have the Sharp one for many years, convec, grill and microwave. I have used all of features, and they work as expected.

didn't know got 3-in-1 type of microwave [sweatdrop]

i old fashion, microwave is microwave for heating up food and defrost.

grill is grill, and convention oven is oven, no wonder i got so many unnecessary things in the kitchen [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

me too. Just discovered today. Thank you mcfers. But, I will still get an oven without the microwave for safety reason. [laugh] Just like getting a car with real parking brake over e-parking brake.................. [:p]

didn't know got 3-in-1 type of microwave [sweatdrop]

i old fashion, microwave is microwave for heating up food and defrost.

grill is grill, and convention oven is oven, no wonder i got so many unnecessary things in the kitchen [laugh][laugh]

me too. Just discovered today. Thank you mcfers. But, I will still get an oven without the microwave for safety reason. [laugh] Just like getting a car with real parking brake over e-parking brake.................. [:p]

hahahaha... yah i am still stuck with the impression than the radiation from microwave is dangerous, hence i won't use it to 'cook' the food [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

I think Fuku rice may be safer than microwave. [laugh]

hahahaha... yah i am still stuck with the impression than the radiation from microwave is dangerous, hence i won't use it to 'cook' the food [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

There's nothing wrong with the 3-in-1.

It saves space.

It works like normal and it isn't really expensive.

There's nothing wrong with 3-in-1.

I think it depends on what you use the convection oven for. If u use it to bake it's "clean", the interior won't stain a lot.

If u grill meats (chicken, pork) a lot, the inside is going to stain. At least with those small portable convection ovens, its cheap, can throw after few years. With built ins, the bigger distance between the food and the walls will reduce the stains.

This is coming from a heavy user standpoint. Anyway space saving is the main benefit.

Personally, i would prefer a 2-in-1. Steam oven + microwave. Both fairly clean procedures.

After a while, there's quite a bit of grease in the oven from roasting stuff. Haha i can imagine then using a steam function. Food will probably taste of grease then.

my microwave hasn't even been switched on yet. Lol. it serves as a stand for my small oven which i use to toast bread and reheat baked pastries.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I've heard of a convection oven , which uses heat to cook ; and a microwave oven , which uses waves to cook ; but have never heard of a convection microwave oven.

You have now heard about it….some ten years late.

I used the microwave function to cook maggi mee, or half-cook my food before deep frying (save time).

I used the grill function to ….grill meat of course.

I used the convection to also roast/grill ( the effect between grill and convection I thought was quite the same from what i see).

Can also steam and defrost.

Very very usable.

Edited by Latio2005A

hello

anyone got good recommendation for convection microware oven?

how is Panasonic NN-CD997? forum review not so good though

thanks for sharing advices

I used Sharp R888F. Not sure still around of not.

• Praise 2

You have now heard about it….some ten years late.

I used the microwave function to cook maggi mee, or half-cook my food before deep frying (save time).

I used the grill function to ….grill meat of course.

I used the convection to also roast/grill ( the effect between grill and convection I thought was quite the same from what i see).

Can also steam and defrost.

Very very usable.

their "grill" means using a fan to blow the heated air around the meat right?

I don't think it's people don't know about it. But it's pretty pricey. like 300-400 dollar? So never really caught on?

A normal microwave just costs very low $100+. My portable convection oven costs like $50-60? my low end Bosch Built in convection oven costs mid $600 but can bake/roast (in real terms) 2-2.5x the amount of food compared to a 30+L 3-in-1.

Lol an airfryer costs like mid $200s.

↡ Advertisement