Sim Lim Square

Neutrino

Is it considered a worthwhile stop off to find either the cheapest or the latest camera, computer gadget stuff???

Or is Fu Nan Bldg or Challenger or whatever a better bet for good deals.

↡ Advertisement

If you are savvy with tech and know the local mkt price, then can go Sim Lim.

Be prepared to bargain a bit.

There are many shops there that have "cheaped" shoppers.

There is a list of blacklisted shops at the info counter.

I don't go SLS unless i want to buy PC parts.

Still the cheapest in singapore most of the time.

But anything else, i hardly go down anymore. accessories usually just buy at challenger at most.

unless i want something like CPU, RAM, motherboard, lcd monitor or what.

my wife bought an aftershock laptop.

I think next time i will also just get an aftershock laptop. Rather than use PC. my PC already passed to my dad liao.

Edited by Lala81

Is it considered a worthwhile stop off to find either the cheapest or the latest camera, computer gadget stuff???

Go do your research on what you want to buy then buy online at rakuten.com.sg. Wait for their special 20% discount. Worth it. [thumbsup]

For cameras which is risking yourself buying from those black shops on the 1st and 2nd levels... Please avoid them... There are many camera shops and you can check them out on Clupsnap... I got my Sony NEX5R from MS Colour (AMK Central next to the S11 food court / kopitiam) and their prices are pretty good...

As for computer parts get from Sim Lim Square... Shops there (4th to 6th floor) are okie but pays to walk at least 1 round to find out which is the cheapest...

• Praise 1

None of the above. I'll buy online since the prices will be cheaper.

Not that I don't support local businesses, they asked for it by willingly pay high rental, mark up too high to cover and complain no business.

I still support small time hawkers rather than those operating in KF, FR, KPT.

Wah left Mazda so early to come home and post?

For cameras which is risking yourself buying from those black shops on the 1st and 2nd levels... Please avoid them... There are many camera shops and you can check them out on Clupsnap... I got my Sony NEX5R from MS Colour (AMK Central next to the S11 food court / kopitiam) and their prices are pretty good...

As for computer parts get from Sim Lim Square... Shops there (4th to 6th floor) are okie but pays to walk at least 1 round to find out which is the cheapest...

Wah left Mazda so early to come home and post?

No lah finish liao take the goody bag and leave liao... You were there too? Paiseh didn't see you... Too obsessed with the Biante liao...

U were inspecting the Biante the same time I did bro.

No lah finish liao take the goody bag and leave liao... You were there too? Paiseh didn't see you... Too obsessed with the Biante liao...

U were inspecting the Biante the same time I did bro.

Oh paiseh paiseh missed you... I was deeply inspecting the Biante... Now do calculations and see how it can be done or not...

Avoid first and second levels shops at sim lim. Even the higher level shop owners told me that. When I was there yesterday, a woman stormed out of a first level shop shouting loudly. Was something like she got conned into paying $2700 for something and unable to get it back. The men in the "black shop" were openly taunting her and smirking at her like they were so proud of their successful con job.

Edited by Jellandross

Go SLS if you know your stuffs well and did some research beforehand, otherwise kenna chop carrot. [knife]

Avoid first and second levels shops at sim lim. Even the higher level shop owners told me that. When I was there yesterday, a woman stormed out of a first level shop shouting loudly. Was something like she got conned into paying $2700 for something and unable to get it back. The men in the "black shop" were openly taunting her and smirking at her like they were so proud of their successful con job.

The one with white colour signboard? [:p]

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 1

Go SLS if you know your stuffs well and did some research beforehand, otherwise kenna chop carrot. [knife]

The one with white colour signboard? [:p]

I didn't see any white leh. All the shops looked black to me :D

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1